View Poll Results: Is your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus everything that you expected it to be?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm very happy with my purchase!

30 56.60%
  • No, Apple made it seem cooler than it really is.

7 13.21%
  • I haven't even got mine yet!

16 30.19%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Your New iPhone 6/6 Plus Everything You Expected it to Be? [POLL]

Still happy with my 4. Waiting for someone to gift me an iphone6. Anyone??

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been using my 6 for a few hours and I have to admit I am not impressed. It's almost no different than my 5s. I'm going to continue to use it for a week and if I'm not satisfied or wowed over I'm returning it for a refund. Can someone recommend good things about the 6 to make me reconsider keeping it?

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
    I've been using my 6 for a few hours and I have to admit I am not impressed. It's almost no different than my 5s. I'm going to continue to use it for a week and if I'm not satisfied or wowed over I'm returning it for a refund. Can someone recommend good things about the 6 to make me reconsider keeping it?
    You're right - it's not that different to the 5s, other than the size (which some love and others... not so much). The main differences you might notice later on are Apple pay (via NFC), faster WiFi (if/when you can get in range of an a/c router), faster LTE (if/when your carrier supports it) and VoLTE (might be useful right now if you use Verizon). I'm struggling to think of anything else. It's a tiny bit faster than the 5s. It has a marginally better camera? What else have I forgotten folks?

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    You're right - it's not that different to the 5s, other than the size (which some love and others... not so much). The main differences you might notice later on are Apple pay (via NFC), faster WiFi (if/when you can get in range of an a/c router), faster LTE (if/when your carrier supports it) and VoLTE (might be useful right now if you use Verizon). I'm struggling to think of anything else. It's a tiny bit faster than the 5s. It has a marginally better camera? What else have I forgotten folks?
    Better Touch ID, something about a better screen (better sharpness or something, barometer and most likely it'll have exclusive Apple Watch features, but that can't be confirmed or denied yet.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Better Touch ID, something about a better screen (better sharpness or something, barometer and most likely it'll have exclusive Apple Watch features, but that can't be confirmed or denied yet.
    Thanks - I forgot about the barometer. Also, one more thing... there is the option (if you want to spend those $s) to buy a 128 Gb capacity model, which wasn't available for the 5s.

Thanks

I couldn't keep using the 6 anymore so I packed it back up to return it Monday and I'm back to using my 5s.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I will say this; after using my ip6+ for a full day w/ excessive use, I still have 30% battery right now! That would be unheard of w/ my ip5S!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Though I'm hearing several similar stories to yours about 6+ on battery.. keep in mind jailbreaking always minimizes battery. So stock - 'all batteries' are beefier. My 5S was pretty awesome before JB... LOL!.. Wish they'd given the 6 - the same battery as the 6+.. It's already better than my 5S.. but only a little bit better. I have been wondering if the bigger battery would all be used up simply by that bigger screen and greater pixel density compared to the 6.. so that you wouldn't get any real benefits from it for app use.. I haven't seen a thread here yet doing comparisons between 6/6+ keeping all things equal.. Would be interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Though I'm hearing several similar stories to yours about 6+ on battery.. keep in mind jailbreaking always minimizes battery. So stock - 'all batteries' are beefier. My 5S was pretty awesome before JB... LOL!.. Wish they'd given the 6 - the same battery as the 6+.. It's already better than my 5S.. but only a little bit better. I have been wondering if the bigger battery would all be used up simply by that bigger screen and greater pixel density compared to the 6.. so that you wouldn't get any real benefits from it for app use.. I haven't seen a thread here yet doing comparisons between 6/6+ keeping all things equal.. Would be interesting.
    My wife has the 6 so I can say for sure that my 6+ has a lot better battery! I'm sure you're hoping that the two will equal out but, instead, it's almost similar to comparing an iPhone 5S to an iPad Mini Retina; Battery jumps up considerably w/ the ipad.

BTW, used up 15% in 4hrs and that's w/ 1.5hrs in Church using the Bible.app and multitasking Notes, Safari

W/ my ip5S, I'd have used 30-40% in that same time
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-28 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    My wife has the 6 so I can say for sure that my 6+ has a lot better battery! I'm sure you're hoping that the two will equal out but, instead, it's almost similar to comparing an iPhone 5S to an iPad Mini Retina; Battery jumps up considerably w/ the ipad.

BTW, used up 15% in 4hrs and that's w/ 1.5hrs in Church using the Bible.app and multitasking Notes, Safari

W/ my ip5S, I'd have used 30-40% in that same time
    How's the recharging time? Do you use the iPad charger with it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    How's the recharging time? Do you use the iPad charger with it?
    Don't know yet. I only charged it to full on Friday night and started using it yesterday. Waiting for the battery to die so I can get some baselines

Thanks

Phone finally died! Granted, I took a 2hr nap

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default Is Your New iPhone 6/6 Plus Everything You Expected it to Be? [POLL]
    I'm having the strangest experience with my 6's battery.. Look at the pic below.
    Standby "1 DAY, 5 hours"!!
    Usage 5 hours.. and 26% left?!?!

Haven't seen those kinda numbers since iPhone 4 days. Moderate usage.. I've been having pretty good more common expected results through my 2-3 full charge cycles and 7-8 normal charge cycles since I got the phone on opening day. And even on a couple of those days had to recharge a little mid day to get me through day. Usual 13 hours standby, 6 hours usage before it would die..

But 30 hours ago I let it run out til it turned off (which I'd done twice before!!) and now with these results. I wonder if this is just a fluke - or maybe the third "run the battery to 0" meter calibration was the charm! I hope I get battery life like this forever on this phone!!!

Last edited by NewD; 2014-09-29 at 01:19 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-09-29)

Got my new iPhone 6 Space Grey 128g on Friday and I loved it! Perfect size indeed the Plus is just way too big for me.

Thanks

Default Is Your New iPhone 6/6 Plus Everything You Expected it to Be? [POLL]
    I couldn't help it. I kept my 6 and I'll be using my 5s occasionally (until iOS 8 is jailbroken) to check out new tweaks in the Cydia store. Still trying to get used to typing without one hand and the reachability comes in handy as I have small hands.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StaceyMJ86 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-10-06)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456