View Poll Results: Is your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus everything that you expected it to be?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm very happy with my purchase!

30 56.60%
  • No, Apple made it seem cooler than it really is.

7 13.21%
  • I haven't even got mine yet!

16 30.19%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Your New iPhone 6/6 Plus Everything You Expected it to Be? [POLL]

I didn't pre-order so was a little disappointed T-Mobile stores in my area only had space gray. I wanted white / silver Anyway after a few hours black just grew on me. I'm really loving the new 4.7in compared to my old 5s. Honestly this is how it should have been a very long time ago. So yeah really satisfied with the overall quality of the phone. Super thin, very light, loving the 128gb of space.

Other than learning all that iOS 8 has to offer my gripes are it seems a bit buggy and drains your battery fast. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for an update to resolve that and also add all the other features that may be missing.

While a jailbreak is probably way off I'm really missing Lockdown Pro the most. Hopefully everyone updates there apps to take advantage of touch ID. There are a few apps that do it, but I kind of doubt Apple will do it for stock apps like Photos and Messages.

A little off topic but I use Google Voice app from time to time; anyone know how to turn text preview off so it doesn't show your message in Notification Center? It seems you can't do this at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Is Your New iPhone 6/6 Plus Everything You Expected it to Be? [POLL]
    Anybody try the TouchPal keyboard??? It's SwiftKey mixed w/ SwipeExpander (jailbreak tweak)!!! Not sure why this isn't one of the Top Free Apps

Put it on my wife's ip6 and definitely getting it on my ip6+ when it arrives.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touc...909654683?mt=8

I love my 6 plus, the screen is beautiful. I just can't wait untill every third party apps to take advantage of the 1920x1080 because stretching the apps to the larger resolution doesn't look as good. Awesome phone and batt life !!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default Battery Saving Tips for 6
    I am happy with my 6. Can't imagine handling the 6+'s size.. The 6 is already hurting my wrist wrapping my hand around it to hold it. So I sure picked the right size for me. WISH Apple had put the same battery power in the 6 as in the 6+. But I can ACHIEVE the same battery results as a 6+ by:

Turning off BlueTooth ( I never use it anyway)
    Turning off Push Mail (I've done this for years anyway - since the moment you enter MAIL.app all email accounts immediately update anyway)
    Leaving screen at 60% Brightness (my usual anyway)
    Turning off all switches in Privacy/Location Services/System Services, EXCEPT "Traffic". (You don't need them anyway and they're battery hogs)
    Turning off Background App Refresh in Setting/General. (more battery hog and most people don't know they can save 10-20% on their data usage allotment per month by turning this off. Background App refresh often sends request to send data back to phone - in the background. Unnecessary and potentially costly..

So the 'normal way I set up my phone'.. is achieving me the same battery life promised to 6+ users.

Today - I got:
    Usage -8 hours, 3 minutes Usage and
    Standby - 14 hours, 45 minutes

...... today before it reached 1% battery left - at Moderate to Heavy usage, music playing, texts, emailing, 2 phone calls, Forum reading, Personal Hotspot for one hour.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-09-22 at 04:43 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-09-22)

Haven't opened my box yet. This thread makes me nervous that maybe I should just return it and wait until/if a jailbreak ever comes out.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
    Haven't opened my box yet. This thread makes me nervous that maybe I should just return it and wait until/if a jailbreak ever comes out.
    Fabulous phone. You'll love it. Open the box.. .. Jailbreak is a 'bit of a way away'.. and won't help the iOS 8 'minor' problems anyway.. In fact we WANT APPLE to fix these problems BEFORE a jailbreak. The biggest problem with iOS7.0.4 jailbreak was that it came out too fast before many things were fixed in 7.1. Thank goodness Pangu got us another jailbreak after 7.1 so we could take advantage of the fixes in 7.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IChi1d View Post
    wait until the winter starts for the people that like taking pictures, please do report back on if your phone dies out after 10mins or so, thanks.
    The heat kills/drains the battery not the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    The heat kills/drains the battery not the cold.
    Colder weather will indeed drain a Lithium-Ion battery faster than normal.

Source

All I'm reading about is the bigger screen. I'm curious to hear how much faster/smoother it runs? Details people! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    Aside from the antenna breaks on the back, I love it.
    THANK YOU!!

I don't know why no one has mentioned about those fugly antenna breaks at the back.

This is the first model of the iPhone wherein I hate the back.

Compared to the flush back of the 4 and the two-tone of the 5, these antenna breaks look hideous!

I mean, Apple has purposely added these antenna breaks as part of the design or did they have no other option but to make them visible like that?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,558 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
    i see absolutely NOTHING interesting in the new iPhones.

and even less in iOS8, still cannot make basic things...

..: Enviado desde mi i5 :..
    Excuse me for off topic fellas,
    But @schnedi , I would appreciate it if you can contact me via twitter .. I am @studioproz on twitter.
    Por favor, tengo do so tres ideas que tengo que hablar contigo.
    I'm in hopes to make it worth your while.
    Please Ty in advance
    Avid supporter of the skeuomorphic community

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Really didn't want a bigger phone, I won't be upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I am happy with my 6. Can't imagine handling the 6+'s size.. The 6 is already hurting my wrist wrapping my hand around it to hold it. So I sure picked the right size for me. WISH Apple had put the same battery power in the 6 as in the 6+. But I can ACHIEVE the same battery results as a 6+ by:

Turning off BlueTooth ( I never use it anyway)
    Turning off Push Mail (I've done this for years anyway - since the moment you enter MAIL.app all email accounts immediately update anyway)
    Leaving screen at 60% Brightness (my usual anyway)
    Turning off all switches in Privacy/Location Services/System Services, EXCEPT "Traffic". (You don't need them anyway and they're battery hogs)
    Turning off Background App Refresh in Setting/General. (more battery hog and most people don't know they can save 10-20% on their data usage allotment per month by turning this off. Background App refresh often sends request to send data back to phone - in the background. Unnecessary and potentially costly..

So the 'normal way I set up my phone'.. is achieving me the same battery life promised to 6+ users.

Today - I got:
    Usage -8 hours, 3 minutes Usage and
    Standby - 14 hours, 45 minutes

...... today before it reached 1% battery left - at Moderate to Heavy usage, music playing, texts, emailing, 2 phone calls, Forum reading, Personal Hotspot for one hour.
    Yeah battery life is great I've had 7 hours usage with 7 percent left and 15 hours standby so I'm impressed like you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I picked up a 128gb 6plus and think it's the best, and really the 6plus is not that much bigger than the 6 and to boot has better battery life better camera just my 2cent's

I own the iPhone 6+ and while a little to big, I do love it. If there is ONE thing I hate, is the fact that the speaker SUCKS. The sound is low and music has no base.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I own the iPhone 6+ and while a little to big, I do love it. If there is ONE thing I hate, is the fact that the speaker SUCKS. The sound is low and music has no base.
    Lol. From a tiny speaker I wouldn't expect much bass. I am curious though, does it have stereo speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by dapes View Post
    All I'm reading about is the bigger screen. I'm curious to hear how much faster/smoother it runs? Details people! lol
    If you have an iPhone 5 or newer it doesn't seem that much faster, but my i5 was still pretty zippy when I upgraded. It's getting to the point that computers got to in the early-mid 2000s. They aren't doubling the speed every year. I would liken my experience to the difference between an Intel Core 2 Duo and an Intel Core i3 or i5.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 2014-09-22 at 05:46 PM.

Default Is Your New iPhone 6/6 Plus Everything You Expected it to Be? [POLL]
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Lol. From a tiny speaker I wouldn't expect much bass. I am curious though, does it have stereo speakers?
    The phone only has one speaker. I figured that the plus version would have a bigger speaker and therefore better sound. To be honest, my 5s had better sound in my opinion. I think Apple was so into making this phone thin, that they sacrificed some hardware. There is no reason why the plus version can't have two speakers, or better sound.
    Last edited by hogcia; 2014-09-22 at 06:13 PM.

Fabulous phone. You'll love it. Open the box.. .. Jailbreak is a 'bit of a way away'.. and won't help the iOS 8 'minor' problems anyway.. In fact we WANT APPLE to fix these problems BEFORE a jailbreak. The biggest problem with iOS7.0.4 jailbreak was that it came out too fast before many things were fixed in 7.1. Thank goodness Pangu got us another jailbreak after 7.1 so we could take advantage of the fixes in 7.1.
    I have no doubt I'll love the phone. I got it by mistake though. Was just trying to see how much it was going to cost (with taxes, fees, etc) and how long the delay would be on AT&T's site, when apparently they put my order through even though I didn't get to a screen showing the total and confirmation. Sneaky bass turds. To top it off, I cancelled the order the next day, went through all the steps, and got the email at the end that I didn't read fully, but it said order was not cancelled, when I thought it said it was. No reason why, and they still can't tell me why. I cancelled because it wasn't coming until early October. The fact that the order was not cancelled wasn't even known by me until the day the phone showed up for delivery. I noticed an email on the 19th that came in at 11:30 PM the night before that my order has shipped. Well thanks for the late notification AT&T, by the time I clicked to track it, it was here on the 19th. So while I was upset that they didn't cancel the order when I told them too, and that they didn't notify me of the shipment until 12 hours before it arrived, I was surprised I got it on launch day when I didn't order it until at least 10 hours after they went on pre-order.

I'm still on 7.0.4. I don't know, I just don't quite trust the Pangu jailbreak. And I know we want the software bugs fixed before the jailbreak comes out, I'm more concerned with the hardware problems reported, and I don't know if I can function without my jailbreak tweaks and apps, so even if I open the box, I'll be sticking with my 5s until the jailbreak comes for the 6. My main thought for picking it up now was that I would guarantee I'd have a phone with the older software. If I wait until the jailbreak comes and don't keep my finger on the pulse of the jailbreak, I could end up getting a phone that has the latest software updated already that thwarts the jailbreak. It's happened to me before when I waited to upgrade to the 5, and then had to wait for what felt like just short of eternity. So I guess I'm going to open it up anyway, just to make sure there's no hardware problems, dust, scratches, etc.

I definitely prefer the 4" size 100 times to the 4.7" or the 5.5". WHY COULDN'T APPLE JUST KEEP THE 4" OPTION (make 3 models instead of 2) ?!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tongxinshe; 2014-09-22 at 09:51 PM.

You're right. I do love it. Pulled up a webpage and compared side by side with the 5s and loving the additional real estate. To each their own, and I know some people want bigger, but I can't imagine going much bigger than the 6. The 6 plus would just be a little too much to me. Come on jailbreak... please!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Crafty42 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-09-23)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast