View Poll Results: Is your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus everything that you expected it to be?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm very happy with my purchase!

30 56.60%
  • No, Apple made it seem cooler than it really is.

7 13.21%
  • I haven't even got mine yet!

16 30.19%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Your New iPhone 6/6 Plus Everything You Expected it to Be? [POLL]

Default iPhone 6 64GB
    I do like the 4.7" size and the thinness of the device. Although larger, is seems lighter that my 5S. I am also enjoying some of the new features like quick reply that I had on my jailbroken phone. I have also found some useful widget for the notification center. The one thing I don't like is there is no Camera Roll in the Photos App in iOS 8, so the photos I had on my 5S are not on the iPhone 6. And, since my 5S was buggy, I had to upgrade to iOS 8 and didn't save any of the photos to any cloud-based site.

One thing I will Apple would allow is nesting folders. I have 15 folders and used to be able to to put then all in one folder which I place in the dock. The work-around for iOS 7 doesn't appear to work on iOS 8, unless I was doing something wrong.

All-in-all, I'm glad I have the iPhone 6 and can't wait for a jailbreak for iOS 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladunn View Post
    Got my 6 yesterday, preordered it last Saturday from Apple.

I upgraded from the 5s, I love it. The phone is just the right size and the bigger screen made the keyboard so much easier for these 60 yr old hands and eyes to use.

Thumbs up for me!
    I'm just wondering how you got it already and you ordered it Saturday, I ordered mine Friday and won't get it until Thursday!

2 Recent No Votes. Would love to hear why.

I'm loving the iPhone 6 size, shape, and quality. I'm NOT loving iOS 8. I'm running into a lot of bugs, lots of my apps are broken in some way - many of my games crash on opening or don't save or are not running at the native resolution of the screen, making them appear to be blurry.

4G coverage is spotty and for some reason many online-only apps fail to load on 3G for me.

The wifi on my router shuts down when I try and download something - not sure what's going on there.

This is my first iPhone (my first smartphone, really) - I don't think I was prepared for the technological growing pains, but I'm fairly confident most of my grievances will be ironed out in the months to come. All things considered, I'm still completely infatuated with the device. It's just so amazing what handheld computers can do!

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Yes I wanted a larger screen for a few years now and the ability to have Swype is big.

I don't really see what the big thing was wight the Healthkit though.
    I use MyFitness Pro, Jawbone, RunKeeper and Withings, and none seem to intergrade into the Healthkit.

Haven't found how to get most of the apps to call up the thumbprint security, or is there a area I need to go to to setup the functionally NFC???

Other then those few things I like the 6 way more then the 5.
    Health kit functionality has been pulled until the end of this month

I like my 4.7 screen is just at the point before it becomes 2 big! But until we get to use HealthKit and get access to nfc I think it's just lacking something!

Sure the larger screen is nice but as far as actual usability, the 4" display on the 5/5s is significantly easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    With the bigger screen I see jobs' logic about keeping it small to be able to use with one hand. It's a little awkward in the upper corners on the iPhone 6 (I'm assuming impossible on the 6+) so it's taking a little getting used to but is still manageable. So far I like it very much over the iPhone 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    Aside from the antenna breaks on the back, I love it.
    That's why you tap the home button. And I think the size is perfect.

And that's why I have a care plus the breaks aren't bad at all

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    I do like the 4.7" size and the thinness of the device. Although larger, is seems lighter that my 5S. I am also enjoying some of the new features like quick reply that I had on my jailbroken phone. I have also found some useful widget for the notification center. The one thing I don't like is there is no Camera Roll in the Photos App in iOS 8, so the photos I had on my 5S are not on the iPhone 6. And, since my 5S was buggy, I had to upgrade to iOS 8 and didn't save any of the photos to any cloud-based site.

One thing I will Apple would allow is nesting folders. I have 15 folders and used to be able to to put then all in one folder which I place in the dock. The work-around for iOS 7 doesn't appear to work on iOS 8, unless I was doing something wrong.

All-in-all, I'm glad I have the iPhone 6 and can't wait for a jailbreak for iOS 8.
    Hate that they removed the camera roll, live the widgets. Third party keyboard implementation still has bugs, doesn't stay as the default keyboard in a lot of situations

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeseeyou For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-09-21)

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually like the 6, Since I upgraded from the 5, I <3 the Size and the feel of it. I didn't know that the landscaping was only part of the 5.5 which isn't TOO bad, but I love the touch ID and The Healthkit and with Apple Pay coming Next Month it should be Interesting to see how Android will Top that, since they have Google Pay which i don't think most Droid users even pay attention to.

I was very frustrated because I could not get a plus...

But the new iphone 6 is just perfect
    Very reactive
    Very clear
    Just the perfect phone with a cool size

Next year I will jump on XL iphone but I am happy today

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles46 View Post
    I'm just wondering how you got it already and you ordered it Saturday, I ordered mine Friday and won't get it until Thursday!
    Maybe the configuration, I ordered space grey, 64g ATT. Don't know what Apple had for other configs or carriers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 408 Posts

Perfect screen size and lots of new great features in iOS 8. Can't wait for the jailbreak now so I can start theming/developing again!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-09-21), misterjrw (2014-09-21)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got the 6+. I still haven't pulled it out the box yet. I just went played with one in the store and I love it. I'm gonna go activate mine now.

The six plus is perfect. Love it. Nothing bad to say about it.

Went in for a plus and left with the 6 instead which is a great size. Miss the OIS of the plus and battery but day to day usability just wouldn't work for me. Screen and iOS 8 are outstanding. I agree with comment from author this is most impressive overall move and set of features from Apple since the original iPhone. Outstanding.

I was on the iPhone 4 before this, so heck yes it was worth the purchase!!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,465 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Is Your New iPhone 6/6 Plus Everything You Expected it to Be? [POLL]
    I don't think people were anywhere near prepared for just how large the 6 alone is. It's only a 16th of an inch skinnier on the sides compared to a Note 3, which is a HUGE PHONE, and only an eighth of an inch shorter on the top than the Note 3. The 6 is just plain a large phone.

But the 6+ absolutely eats the Note 3 FOR LUNCH. It's MUUCH larger than the Note 3!!

If people had had a chance to put both the 6 and a 6+ in their hands before ordering the 6+, I believe at least 30-40% of those people would have changed their minds and pre-ordered just the 6.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-09-22)

Thanks

Pre ordered 2 6+... Can't wait to see it in person...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast