Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where Was Tim Cook on iPhone 6 Launch Day?

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Where Was Tim Cook on iPhone 6 Launch Day?

Keeping with the tradition of mixing and mingling with Apple fanatics on the launch day of a new Apple product, the iDevice maker's chief executive officer spent his morning at work -- only this time, his work involve actually laboring at an Apple store.

Opening the front doors to Apple's Palo Alto store, Tim Cook was the individual who let the waiting masses in to get their hands on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Cordial and posing for an ample number of selfies with prospective iPhone buyers, Cook was described by many on site as a warm and affable guy.

Across the nation and world today, long lines were the norm, though Apple's new reservation system (when it worked, of course) kept much of the familiar launch-day craziness under control.

Although we're yet to get another sales update from Apple, you would be hard-pressed to final a financial or Wall Street analyst who isn't expecting blockbuster September sales of the new iPhone 6 and iPHone 6 Plus.

Source: CNET

Tim, you da man!

Wonder if he was at the Apple Store where some dude dropped and cracked his iphone 6 screen all because of some reporter lady who asked him to unbox it for her to see it since he was the first one to purchase it and walk out. Smh that sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Wonder if he was at the Apple Store where some dude dropped and cracked his iphone 6 screen all because of some reporter lady who asked him to unbox it for her to see it since he was the first one to purchase it and walk out. Smh that sucks!!
    I would like to see that video!! That sucks!

Default Where Was Tim Cook on iPhone 6 Launch Day?
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I would like to see that video!! That sucks!
    http://www.qore.com/noticias/28457/E...erth-y-lo-tira

Here's the link to it! You see the guy scratch the screen with his finger and his finger stops when his nail reaches the crack.

http://www.qore.com/noticias/28457/E...erth-y-lo-tira

Here's the link to it! You see the guy scratch the screen with his finger and his finger stops when his nail reaches the crack.
    That hurt to watch

That is so awesome !!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

That was in Australia, not S.F.

I, personally, thinks it's pretty cool that Tim did this! What a nice surprise for those that were waiting!!!

That seems pretty cool of Tim Cook to get his hands dirty, so to speak. It is not often you see that with any CEO. Kudos to Timmy for helping out with the launch. Stuff like that is what we see more of.

I may not be the biggest fan of Apple...but I am a huge fan of loyalty to the customer.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nakedcrook For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-09-20), thazsar (2014-09-20), Zokunei (2014-09-24)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    That seems pretty cool of Tim Cook to get his hands dirty, so to speak. It is not often you see that with any CEO. Kudos to Timmy for helping out with the launch. Stuff like that is what we see more of.

I may not be the biggest fan of Apple...but I am a huge fan of loyalty to the customer.
    I never thought I'd thumbs up something you said... But so I have.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

So how exactly does that make it the reporter lady's fault ?
    Don't tell me - she KNEW what was gunna happen but thought it would make better viewing if she didn't warn him ?