Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFixit Tears Down iPhone 6 Following the Tear Down of the iPhone 6 Plus

Default iFixit Tears Down iPhone 6 Following the Tear Down of the iPhone 6 Plus

iFixit began tearing down the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus Thursday night, and following the completion of the iPhone 6 Plus tear-down, which resulted in a repairability score of 7 out of 10, iFixit began tearing into Apple's secondary iPhone – the 4.7-inch iPhone 6.

While iFixit found a monstrous battery inside of the iPhone 6 Plus rated at 2915 mAh, the iPhone 6 only has a 1810 mAh battery. That battery rating is much closer to the previous-generation iPhone than the iPhone 6 Plus's battery.

Like the iPhone 6 Plus, the iPhone 6 appears to have 1GB of RAM.

The iPhone 6 tear-down also reveals the same 64-bit A8 SOC (along with the M8 motion co-processor), which offers a 25% processing boost over the A7 chip, and a 50% graphics boost over the A7 chip:

iFixit does believe that Apple went with a linear oscillating vibrator motor this time, which differs from the counterweight vibrator motor in the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.

Like the related iPhone 6 Plus, the iPhone 6 has earned a repairability score of 7 out of 10. iFixit appears to be very pleased with the ease of access of the internals, noting that display repairs and battery repairs are straightforward. The only downsides being the use of pentalobe screws and the fact that Apple does not share repair information with third-party retailers, which hinders the ability of third-party repair services to make repairs and gives Apple more attention.

You can read iFixit's full tear-down at this link.

Sources: iFixit
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-19 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks

Has anyone ever figured out how much RAM they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Has anyone ever figured out how much RAM they have?
    This is what they posted during the iPhone6 teardown.

"Apple A8 APL1011 SoC + SK Hynix RAM as denoted by the markings H9CKNNN8KTMRWR-NTH (we presume it is 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM, the same as in the iPhone 6 Plus)"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NiteStar For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2014-09-19)

How did they get the phones so quick?

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    How did they get the phones so quick?
    They always get them quick! lol They're iFixit!

Oh, and to answer your question, a good magician never reveals his secrets :P.

Quieter vibrations?? WTF you gotta be kidding me!! It's hard to feel the vibrations on the 5 and 5S as it is!!

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    They always get them quick! lol They're iFixit!

Oh, and to answer your question, a good magician never reveals his secrets :P.
    The iPhone 6+ tear down says they went to Australia to get them as soon as they were publicly released.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That battery is pretty pathetic. I'm still on a 4S and my biggest complaint is battery life. I might have to buy a 6 + just to get a better battery I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    The iPhone 6+ tear down says they went to Australia to get them as soon as they were publicly released.
    Ah, that explains it!

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    That battery is pretty pathetic. I'm still on a 4S and my biggest complaint is battery life. I might have to buy a 6 + just to get a better battery I guess.
    What you mean pathetic? It's better than the 5S and I get all day battery life with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    Quieter vibrations?? WTF you gotta be kidding me!! It's hard to feel the vibrations on the 5 and 5S as it is!!
    Been playing around with my 6 for a few hours so far and the vibration seems to be "just right". Take my word for it

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    Been playing around with my 6 for a few hours so far and the vibration seems to be "just right". Take my word for it
    Yeah, it feels pretty much the same as my 5S.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why is ram, or specs so important to people? The software is always optimized to run great. Who cares if we don't have 2GB RAM. We don't need it. High specs don't mean **** if your software sucks. Like Android

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Answer1o1 For This Useful Post:

scroogelives (2014-09-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Why is ram, or specs so important to people? The software is always optimized to run great. Who cares if we don't have 2GB RAM. We don't need it. High specs don't mean **** if your software sucks. Like Android
    Well said! Too many people seem focused on big numbers rather than the quality of the software

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Well said! Too many people seem focused on big numbers rather than the quality of the software
    Case and Point: Samsung and Touchwiz, the main reason why I am back home in IOS!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

On my 4S, at work after streaming radio for 4 hours, I'm down to about 30% battery life. 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    Same with my five. I had my phone replaced earlier cause the battery went to fail. Now it is worn. So 5 6 months battery life I figure that's 80 a crack plus tax lol