Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: First Drop Tests Surface for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    However, a niche product (The Edge) is not in the same class as a mainstream device .
    LOLWUT? How is it not a "mainstream device"? Regardless, how does that excuse it from being more prone to breaking??

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Without a test, it would be impossible to say, without resorting to speculation. Until we have data and tests, any arguments on the Edge are moot. However, I am sure that a phone like the Note 4 will hold up much better than the iPhone. I would be shocked if it did not..
    Do you not see the problem with this statement? Do you not see how obvious your obvious bias is? First you say it's impossible to know how a device will hold up without without testing, and any statement is pure speculation. But then go on to assert that the Note will definitely hold up better even though you have no testing to prove it!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Additionally, the fact that you pick on the edge, and not the true flagship (The Note 4) goes to show your desperation.
    Well you were the one that said Apple needs to learn from Samsung on how to make durable phones, and the Edge is made my Samsung, so it's fair game for a comparison.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (2014-09-19), Zokunei (2014-09-19)

  3. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,734
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
    i've never dropped any of my iPhones in the last 5 years of owning them
    Same here, Always being careful. Had iPhone since the 3G before they had insurance, and for sure didn't have another 300.00 for a new one LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    LOLWUT? How is it not a "mainstream device"? Regardless, how does that excuse it from being more prone to breaking??



    Do you not see the problem with this statement? Do you not see how obvious your obvious bias is? First you say it's impossible to know how a device will hold up without without testing, and any statement is pure speculation. But then go on to assert that the Note will definitely hold up better even though you have no testing to prove it!!



    Well you were the one that said Apple needs to learn from Samsung on how to make durable phones, and the Edge is made my Samsung, so it's fair game for a comparison.
    Don't you just love his uneducated remarks fleurya? Making statements without any proof or doing research before posting? LOL
    Last edited by Carvensno; 2014-09-19 at 07:13 PM.

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    50% heavier than the iPhone 5S. Mass, velocity, momentum, physics, yada yada something.
    Nicely put :-)

    I'm attaching a picture I blatantly stole from an Amazon seller which makes a point I've been shouting about since day 1.
    No screen protector is going to save your iPhone 6, because no screen protector is going to be able to protect the edges and corners of the screen. If you want to protect an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, a big clunky case is going to be a necessity.

    -screen.png

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by a2943149 View Post
    Then go find a Galaxy S5 drop test and see how good that goes.
    I did find an S5 drop test from BGR, in which the S5 screen not only cracked after a head-height drop, but also became completely unusable! So much for how Awesome the S5 is, huh? Sure the 5S broke sooner inthat particular video, but the 5S held up amazingly in other tests too.

    This really proves precisely why these so-called "tests" are completely unreliable. You can have one "test" where the phone breaks after seemingly no real hard impact, and then another where it holds up to seemingly much more intense impact!

    It's so funny how you haters seem to only recognize the first video in this story that shows the screen breaking, but completely ignore the second video that did THE EXACT SAME TESTS and the phones didn't break at all!

    The main reason the 6+ broke in the first video is because it didn't hit cleanely on it's side. Instead it hit right on the corner, which is a death shot for any phone. All the impact energy is on a very small point, which makes it break much easier. You can clearly tell from the crack radiating from the corner.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (2014-09-19), Zokunei (2014-09-19)

  7. #45
    What a stupid test, its glass. It will break eventually. Just wasteful to show that glass will break when its impacted with concrete!

  8. #46
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    I personally prefer "Will it Blend?" for my iPhone demolition needs.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    Aenima133 (2014-09-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •