View Poll Results: Are you going to try and buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in stores?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've been waiting forever!

3 15.79%
  • Yes, but not tomorrow because it will be too crowded.

1 5.26%
  • No, I already pre-ordered mine.

12 63.16%
  • No, I don't want an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will You Be Trying to Purchase an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in Stores On Friday? [POLL]

Default Will You Be Trying to Purchase an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in Stores On Friday? [POLL]

Apple's 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus have been on pre-order for the last week. Many of you already pre-ordered your device and now you're just waiting for it to ship to your front door. Others, are planning to walk into a local retail store and try to buy one in person.

Tomorrow, Apple will begin opening the doors to its Apple Stores, and the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will finally be made available to purchase. Other third-party retailers will be involved in the fun too!

Apple's iPhone 6 is in much better supply then their iPhone 6 Plus, as reports show, and even Apple's Web site shipping estimates appear to support this claim. The iPhone 6 is showing shipping estimates of around 7-10 business days, while the iPhone 6 Plus is showing shipping estimates of around 3-4 weeks.

But regardless of the luck those of us have online, it's possible that you might have better luck tomorrow walking into a retail store – maybe the shelf will be stocked full of them, you just never know. A 747 airplane pilot just recently publicized pictures of several shipments of his iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus cargo being transported to the U.S., almost 195k units, and your retail store may be one of the lucky ones getting some of these shipments to sell tomorrow.

So with all of that in mind, will you be attempting to pick up an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus at a local retail store of yours tomorrow? Please cast your vote in the forum section of our Web site. You will not be able to access the poll from the News site or the ModMyi application, so you will need to visit this link to vote. As always, we appreciate your feedback!

I'm taking my chances in my local store...

As those of you with T-Mobile know, we weren't able to pre-order at midnight from the carrier or the Apple Store. Luckily for me, my sister has a friend that works at one of the local stores and will be setting aside a phone for me.

AT&T shipped my iPhone 6+ on 17th will receive it 2mrw thru FedEx!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
    You might be the only one in the country! LOL!

I'm thinking of going to my local Best Buy and try my luck. Gonna drive there around 11p to see if there's a line, yet. If so, forget it. If not, prolly go back around 3a and setup shop!

Default Will You Be Trying to Purchase an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in Stores On Frid...
    Best buy is a great option. When the wife wanted the iPhone 4s the day it was released I walked into the local best buy and they had stacks of them lined up. I know it's allot different from the iphone 6 but would probably have good luck there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll just wait for mine. Based on how preorder dates are changing daily, I should receive it next year around this time.

Default iPhone 6 Plus...
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2me2 View Post
    I'm taking my chances in my local store...
    Same here taking my chances at one of my local T-Mobile store as well. Drove by a couple of hour ago there were nobody lining up yet, so, that's a good thing. Heading out there in a few hours and hopefully everything work out as plan . Planning for an iPhone 6 Plus 64gb or 128gb model !!! Wish me luck.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BUcLAo69 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-09-19)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

got my shipping email with tracking # from verizon. my 6+ will be here tomorrow.

Gold 64GB 6 scheduled for tomorrow. I got a case for both 6 and 6 plus and the plus seems way to big

even if they sell out, they'll have display models on the floor, right? bc I want to actually hold and play with both of them first (that's what she said)

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    even if they sell out, they'll have display models on the floor, right? bc I want to actually hold and play with both of them first (that's what she said)
    Yeah, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
    Same here. Mines through ups

I just went down to my local T-Mobile store, no campers in sight. I'll be there in the morning around 7am for the 8am opening of the store.

Thanks

Default Will You Be Trying to Purchase an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in Stores On Frid...
    Randomly, my mother-in-law text me at 9:45p asking if the iPhone 6 is coming out because she saw people at AT&T camping out!!!

On my way to Best Buy to check the status there...

11:45p - Nice!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-19 at 09:09 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    You might be the only one in the country! LOL!

I'm thinking of going to my local Best Buy and try my luck. Gonna drive there around 11p to see if there's a line, yet. If so, forget it. If not, prolly go back around 3a and setup shop!
    Best Buy is a good choice, that's where I am going to get mine. But there is a good chance that all of the phones that come in friday are all reserved already. It depends on how many preorders that specific best buy store had. I'd think twice before setting up to camp out. Best Buy may not have any available to pick up in the store without a preorder until Wednesday or so

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freund117 View Post
    Best Buy is a good choice, that's where I am going to get mine. But there is a good chance that all of the phones that come in friday are all reserved already. It depends on how many preorders that specific best buy store had. I'd think twice before setting up to camp out. Best Buy may not have any available to pick up in the store without a preorder until Wednesday or so
    The guy told me they'll have the ip6+ tomorrow. It'll be a number system so it's first come, first serve BUT they'll have it!

Thanks

1:30a and still first!!! I really hope this is worth it!

I'm not sure if I've hit an all-time high as an Apple fan OR an all-time low as a loser. It's hard to tell at this point...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-19)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's start to put our updated location and how is the status in the line, that will help everybody here if we decide to move to some places to have a better chance to get one. Like I'm at work and get off at 5am, but can' t be on ATT till 7:30am, Im in Louisiana in case somebody can give me some information about some locations and lines. I remember for the iPhone 5S in my ATT location at 7am there were just 5 people there, but I know this is a different scenario.
    Last edited by javiert30; 2014-09-19 at 08:44 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-09-19)

Thanks

Denton, TX - Best Buy
    1:50a - no line
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-19 at 10:32 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-09-19)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast