View Poll Results: Are you going to try and buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in stores?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've been waiting forever!

3 15.79%
  • Yes, but not tomorrow because it will be too crowded.

1 5.26%
  • No, I already pre-ordered mine.

12 63.16%
  • No, I don't want an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.

3 15.79%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will You Be Trying to Purchase an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in Stores On Friday? [POLL]

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    My son has been standing in line since 4:30 this morning at the Apple store near ASU (with hundreds of others). he just called me and was upset they only had 128's.
    I offered to order it for him but he wanted to be part of the happening. Now ordered it online and still got a delivery day of Oct 3. That's not bad I guess.
    Hope he had fun, lmao. Silly boy, should have listened to Mom.
    128's of 6+ or just 6 or both?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^6

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-19)

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine through Sprint last Friday, said there was going to be an up to a 3 week delay. My UPS driver showed up at my job with my iPhone 6 Plus at 10.05 am Could not be any happier!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well that was an adventure!!!
    Well, despite my adventure, my pre-ordered 128GB has moved from 'Processing' into 'Preparing for Shipment!'

Not sure what that means regarding timeframe but it's somethin!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Well, despite my adventure, my pre-ordered 128GB has moved from 'Processing' into 'Preparing for Shipment!'

Not sure what that means regarding timeframe but it's somethin!
    Just means they have processed it and now they either have an iPhone matched up with your order, or they are waiting for stock to match up. Depends on your ship date.

On an off note, did anybody else get a plain white packaging with just iPhone on the side?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine just says iPhone. There's no 6 but on back it says 128gb and includes iphone 6 plus in small print

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thinknoffcenter View Post
    Just means they have processed it and now they either have an iPhone matched up with your order, or they are waiting for stock to match up. Depends on your ship date.

On an off note, did anybody else get a plain white packaging with just iPhone on the side?
    My wife's ip6 was just delivered. Same packaging

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    My wife's ip6 was just delivered. Same packaging
    Yeah, did some research and found out that they are all like that. Apple saved millions on ink not having to print 3 different color iPhones on the front. Not a bad idea.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thinknoffcenter For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-09-20)

So due to some glitch, my preorder is still pending. I never received an email from T-Mobile for their EIP (easy installment plan) for me to confirm the order. I called T-Mobile and according to them, they cannot reissue the confirmation request form. I was told that I would have to cancel my order and place a new order. I wasn't about to that since I had an estimated delivery date of 9/25. No way would I cancel and get some stupid delivery date in November or however far back they have been pushed. I've been with them at their stores and on the phone and to no avail.

To top it off, NONE of the T-Mobile stores received any iPhone 6 Plus. NONE. ZERO. NADA. I swung by the Apple store at the mall, and of course, they were all sold out of T-Mobile phones and all iPhone 6 Plus models. I came this close for settling for an iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray, but good thing I didn't.

The T-Mobile store manager saw my account, my order number, order date/time, pending EIP, everything and was very helpful. He cancelled my order, placed a new order, and talked to the regional manager. The RM is gonna talk to all his store managers and tell them that whenever they get an iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Gray, to set it aside for me.

Lets just say half of today was annoying, not knowing if I would be able to get my phone shipped or not. I've resigned to just waiting for my iPhone whenever it gets here. My sisters were able to walk to the store and get iPhone 6 64gb, space gray, no problem.

Just went up to the apple store to hold both into hand. No problem operating the 6+ with one hand (though I have big hands; girls might have more difficulty). Long line still for reserved phone pickup.

How about another survey response:

I'll buy an iPhone 6 when there is a jailbreak for it and iOS8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    How about another survey response:

I'll buy an iPhone 6 when there is a jailbreak for it and iOS8.
    That's what I was thinking I'd do, but decided I'd rather just have the 6 in hand now so I can make sure I don't end up finding out the jailbreak for 8.0.X is out and buy an iPhone 6 preloaded with 8.1 on it. I'll continue to use my jailbroken 5s until then. It's not like the price will go down, so I'll be paying the same now or when the jailbreak comes out. I just have to hope a jailbreak does come out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123