Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New SwiftKey iOS 8 Keyboard Hits 1M Downloads in First 24 Hours, Already the #1 Free App in the App Store

Default New SwiftKey iOS 8 Keyboard Hits 1M Downloads, Already the #1 Free App in the App Store

Yesterday, Apple released iOS 8 to the public, which naturally, fueled the release of a few third-party keyboards in the iOS App Store, which can be installed on various iOS 8 devices to replace the stock keyboard that Apple provides to you for typing in various applications across the iOS platform.

Of the new third-party keyboards available in the App Store right now, one of the only free ones, known as SwiftKey, has announced Thursday evening that in the first 24 hours of the keyboard's launch, over 1 million copies have already been downloaded on iOS 8 devices. In addition, SwiftKey has been bumped up to the top of the free applications list in the App Store.

SwiftKey is a keyboard that learns from you to help you complete sentences faster. It will predict what you want to say before you say it, somewhat similarly to Apple's Predictive Keyboard. The included "Flow" gesture feature allows you to type quickly and efficiently too.

If you're on iOS 8, you may want to check out our guide on how to install a third-party keyboard on your iOS 8 device. Although the guide shows how to install Swype, a competing third-party keyboard in the iOS App Store, the steps necessary to install SwiftKey are essentially the same.

SwiftKey can be downloaded for free from this App Store link. You can watch SwiftKey's enabling process via their video demonstration below:

Soon, more third-party keyboards will also be making their way to the iOS App Store, including some popular jailbreak tweaks like AltKeyboard 2 and SwipeSelection Pro.

Sources: SwiftKey

This was the first thing I done after updating to iOS 8! Great product just would like to see a few more adjustments and the ability to turn on or off some sort of keyboard sounds....

So how can one select a language instead of a keyboard when clicking on the globe? :/

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    So how can one select a language instead of a keyboard when clicking on the globe? :/
    You can cycle through, or if you tap and hold a list of installed keyboards pops up.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I too would like the keyboard sounds. I used Swype and SwiftKey and liked the both but honestly I've become more attached to Fleksy lol.

So far it's kind of buggy. I've already have full access twice in addition to the keyboard not popping up in every app. Not sure if this is a app issue or an ios issue

So far it's kind of buggy. I've already gave full access twice in addition to the keyboard not popping up in every app. Not sure if this is a app issue or an ios issue

Thanks

Welcome to the future iPhone users, glad you have finally joined us...even if you are a few years late

I've been using Swiftkey on my Android devices for over a year. Great keyboard. Glad it is finally available for the iPhone.

I downloaded it but haven't used it after getting the warning about them being able to see everything I type, including credit card numbers. Has me a little sketch. But i'll probably give in after a week or two.