Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Jailbreak Team Says They've "Been On the Road" for an iOS 8 Jailbreak

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team Says They've "Been On the Road" for an iOS 8 Jailbreak

iOS 8 was officially released to the public yesterday afternoon, and according to our most recent poll, many of you couldn't wait to get the new firmware installed on your iOS devices.

Some of you opted to stay on iOS 7 so that you could have a jailbroken device; although, those of you that upgraded to iOS 8 no longer have a jailbreak at this point in time. Luckily, the Pangu jailbreak team has indicated on their Weibo account that they "have been on the road" of working on an iOS 8 jailbreak:

Quote Originally Posted by Pangu Jailbreak Team (translated via Bing)
    "Remind" iOS8 in 1 days time is officially released, when estimates other than iPhone4 phones will not be able to brush 7.1.2 firmware and want to jailbreak, please pay close attention to the last time. IOS8, we have been on the road ...
    Because the translation is a little sloppy, we can make out that the team was warning those staying on iOS 7.1.2 to grab their jailbreak before iOS 8 is released. We also recommended the same thing just one day before the release. The message also notes that all devices except for the iPhone 4 will be able to ditch iOS 7.1.2 for iOS 8.

Because the message appears to have been posted before the release of iOS 8 to the public, the team has likely been experimenting with the beta and GM releases throughout the Summer to see what they have to work with. Now, with a public release in hand, they can officially begin their work.

Hopefully those of you that are happily jailbroken on iOS 7 were able to resist yesterday's urge to upgrade to iOS 8, because now that the firmware is out, there's no restoring to iOS 7.1.2 and re-jailbreaking anymore (as MuscleNerd warned yesterday). Those of you that just couldn't wait for iOS 8 and want your jailbreak back will have to wait on the Pangu jailbreak team (or any other jailbreak team out there) to release the iOS 8 jailbreak, if they can.

Sources: Weibo via iJailbreak
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-18 at 05:01 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

zplit (2014-09-18)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Oh...they'll release one b4 long. Don't think Apple can ever truly secure the iOS from the JB community.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't even really understand that translation. Did someone just copy what they said into Google Translate?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I don't even really understand that translation.
    >Is why we have helped explain it

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Oh...they'll release one b4 long. Don't think Apple can ever truly secure the iOS from the JB community.
    I think Apple does it on purpose. Like a cat and mouse game to see what the JB community does lol. Just like letting people build hackintosh's they could easily make that go away but never have yet to this day! On the other hand tho? Not a lot left for me to consider JBing anymore, about the only other reason for me is to load a couple of themes.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    >Is why we have helped explain it
    I'm most curious as to what, "On the road" means. Do they think they have one? Are they just saying they're looking? Are they waiting for 8.0.1?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I hope they wait a while before releasing it, certainly Apple will have updates to the new OS.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

iphonerookie (2014-09-18)

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team Says They've "Been On the Road" for an iOS 8 Jailbreak
    I kept my jb on 7.1.2 just so I can sell my 5S after I get my new Plus tomorrow. Oh hey Bo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iphonerookie For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-09-18), Owboinator1 (2014-09-20)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I'm most curious as to what, "On the road" means. Do they think they have one? Are they just saying they're looking? Are they waiting for 8.0.1?
    The old saying, "on the road to success" means that you're currently en route of making successful decisions and that you've done something to reach that achievement. So I would believe they are saying that they are working on the jailbreak.

No one actually knows how far they've gotten, and they're right to keep that a secret. People wouldn't leave the evad3rs alone that one time that they had the countdown Web page and kept updating their status.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-18 at 05:54 PM.

Tried using their app to JB my 5S multiple times the day before the iOS8 release, but it would not work at all. It kept hanging after the first reboot and wouldn't do anyting else. The app on my Mac timed out, so I would hit Jailbreak again and it would just start the whole process over.

Must have tried 10 times with no luck. Hopefully their next jailbreak app works better than this one...

Yeah they need to wait for at least 8.0.1, there's always some bugs that need to be fixed in the first GM release.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    I kept my jb on 7.1.2 just so I can sell my 5S after I get my new Plus tomorrow. Oh hey Bo
    Hey Rook, long time no see.
    Make sure you use semirestore or iLex R.A.T to restore to a fresh jailbroken state before you sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Hey Rook, long time no see.
    Make sure you use semirestore or iLex R.A.T to restore to a fresh jailbroken state before you sell it.
    Hey thanks I've used semi restore last year. Is ilexrat better?

Thanks

I like iLex myself. Both are great though.

Thanks

I have yet to see an iOS update that goes more than 3 months before a JB is fully ready. Won't be any different with the latest iOS 8. Just be patient and donate to the Devs if you are able as they put in a ton of work and it is much appreciated!

What gets me thinking is there have been quite a few features from our jailbreak developers from ios6 and ios7. A company wouldn't rely on our ideas would they?

Apple iOs 8 is what it is today thanks to the bright ideas of JB community. Apple needs this creativity as an inspiration.

Where is EVAS1ON team?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to romeo_herman For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-09-18)

I'm a happy iphone6 owner..... Oh yeah

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

another iOS update will be out soon i'm patient I'm at ios 7 jB 😜

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
    Where is EVAS1ON team?
    gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast