Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Jailbreak Team Says They've "Been On the Road" for an iOS 8 Jailbreak

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    gone but not forgotten
    That's more what I'd say about Chronic-dev or iPhone Dev team, or GeoHot, but I'm not sure you can call a dev team gone after less than a year since their latest Jailbreak.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I have yet to see an iOS update that goes more than 3 months before a JB is fully ready. Won't be any different with the latest iOS 8. Just be patient and donate to the Devs if you are able as they put in a ton of work and it is much appreciated!
    It took almost 5 months for the release of a jailbreak for the iPhone 5. I sure hope it isn't as long a wait this time, but the trend is it's getter harder. I know - that's what she said...

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I hope they wait a while before releasing it, certainly Apple will have updates to the new OS.

Apple is already working on a update to fix a health kit issue and stated it would be out by the end of this month.

It seems like the Pangu team is more of an on-hand group than Evasion. I truly hope they churn out these jailbreaks as soon as possible and not make us wait 6 months like a certain group.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really hope they don't do anything. Wasting exploits is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I think Apple does it on purpose. Like a cat and mouse game to see what the JB community does lol.
    I really wouldn't be surprised. They've obviously got people studying the packages on cydia at the very least. So many of iOS's new features seem inspired by the stuff we get with our jailbreaks.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team Says They've "Been On the Road" for an iOS 8 Jailbreak
    As I've been saying on a couple of other threads about this already… The Pangu team is young and hungry for exposure and the new kids on the block. Probably made up of kids between 13 and 18 years old with all the time in the world on their hands. The evad3rs team got a little corporate and are guys that have jobs and not enough time to work on the jailbreak. My guess is that by the end of October Pangu will have the jailbreak for iOS 8.0.1(2) for us. In years past I was a gloomy Gus about this and believed that it would take many months. But I don't believe that this time. Pangu (with their Asian work ethic which blows away the Western work ethic) will get things done very quickly.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

moved to "Great Debate" thread.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-09-19 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks

moved my answer to "The Great Debate"..

Thanks

I'm Asian, and I don't know the difference from a scorpion and a tarantula it seems.
    All good!..

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

We'll our guys produce a jailbreak while following certain protocols, whereas the Chinese don't care how they do it. That was as per Musclenerd when Pangu was first released.

Thanks

We'll our guys produce a jailbreak while following certain protocols, whereas the Chinese don't care how they do it. That was as per Musclenerd when Pangu was first released.
    Pangu - most stable jailbreak I've ever had on my phone. The last evad3rs one had WebView issues (already messed up by Apple but worsened by the evad3rs early-released jb). The Chinese do NOT do anything 'sloppily'.. They DO STEAL alot.. That's a given.. But the Pangu JB is rock solid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Pangu - most stable jailbreak I've ever had on my phone. The last evad3rs one had WebView issues (already messed up by Apple but worsened by the evad3rs early-released jb). The Chinese do NOT do anything 'sloppily'.. They DO STEAL alot.. That's a given.. But the Pangu JB is rock solid.
    Very true on being stable and steal/pirate thing. Lol

Thanks

Very true on being stable and steal/pirate thing. Lol
    No pirate. Very old news, Carv - and was actually only an issue in the evad3rs 7.0.6 JB.. Pangu jailbreak tool was clean..

Thanks

First version of Pangu had pirating stuff in it. And had to make sure you checked or unchecked the box. I know later versions got rid of that and wasn't a issue anymore.👍

Thanks

First version of Pangu had pirating stuff in it. And had to make sure you checked or unchecked the box. I know later versions got rid of that and wasn't a issue anymore.��
    Yes. Agreed. My point was that at least there WAS a checkmark to check in the first version of Pangu.. In the first version of evad3rs our boys 'sold us out' to the Chinese JB store.. Please tell me you remember that!! . We all had to rejailbreak to get rid of it after a huge outcry..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes. Agreed. My point was that at least there WAS a checkmark to check in the first version of Pangu.. In the first version of evad3rs our boys 'sold us out' to the Chinese JB store.. Please tell me you remember that!! . We all had to rejailbreak to get rid of it after a huge outcry..
    Oh Ya I remember were bro lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-19)

Wheres the jailbreak for iOS8 already??? Ha Ha just kidding but it would be nice to have on the nice shinny iPhone 6

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team Says They've "Been On the Road" for an iOS 8 Jailbreak
    I hope they wait a while before releasing it, certainly Apple will have updates to the new OS.
    Yes but once they find the exploit for iOS 8 or 8.0.1 apples updates to the firmware will not likely patch the exploits used to jail break the device. More of a reason to wait is that the devs on cydia will take their time (as they should) making tweaks compatible with not just a new firmware but also the processors in the ip6. Best the thing to do is give them time stick with you're jail break on iOS 7 if you have it and wait for the release of the ios8 jailbreak and before updating and jail breaking to ios8 monitor the cydia store to see how fast or slow devs are with pushing updates/making existing tweaks compatible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12