View Poll Results: Did you update your main iOS device to iOS 8 today?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I installed it as soon as I could!

20 34.48%
  • No, I want to keep my jailbreak for now.

36 62.07%
  • No, but I'm going to install iOS 8 in the next few days.

2 3.45%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did You Throw in the Towel and Install iOS 8? [POLL]

Default Did You Throw in the Towel and Install iOS 8 Today? [POLL]

On Wednesday, Apple finally released the long-awaited iOS 8 operating system upgrade to the public after a long Summer in beta for its supported iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. iOS 8 includes a handful of new features, such as QuickType, third-party keyboard support, third-party widget support, improvements to many of the stock applications, Continuity, a new Metal gaming API, iCloud Drive, and much more.

iOS 8 looks to be a very impressive upgrade form any other version of iOS in the past, and we've already started testing it ourselves. Although, we also have some jailbroken devices in our possession too, because it's just too hard to put the jailbreak down.

In our poll just before the public iOS 8 release, almost 70% of you said that you would keep your jailbroken iOS 7 device rather than upgrading to iOS 8, and the rest of you said that you would make the jump to iOS 8.

Now that the release of iOS 8 has come and gone, we want to know how many of you actually threw in the towel and upgraded to iOS 8 today. We're including a poll in the forum version of this post so that you can cast your vote and see the numbers as they stack up in real time. You won't be able to cast a vote on the news section of our Web site or from our mobile application, so you will have to visit this link in your Web browser to cast a vote.

As always, thank you for participating, and stay tuned!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-18 at 05:22 AM.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

No sir, not me. Keeping my 5S jailbroken so it will resale nicely since my iPhone 6 Plus is due on Friday!
    Gonna suffer through iOS 8 until the gurus (hopefully), jailbreak it.

My iPhone 5 is staying on iOS 7.1.2 jailbroken, and my iPhone 6 Plus should be coming to me at the beginning of October so that I'll have the best of both worlds.

I took advantage of the day before the iOS 8 public release to DFU restore my iPhone 5 and start from scratch with a fresh jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah just finished installing xD Wasent going to but i can be without jailbreak for a while, the phone (5C) runs great

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Any talk on how the iPod touch 5 is running?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,043 Times in 1,206 Posts

nope, my ipad runs just fine without it, I'll wait for a safely confirmed jailbreak

NEVAAA!!!😎 A fresh jailbreak would be smart; how long are they still gonna sign 7.1.2?

Went ahead and put iOS 8 on the iPad 3. Very sluggish for me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThuD Muffin For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-09-18)

I did install iOS 8 on my iPad Mini with retina display, and it's running very good.

And lose moviebox? h no.

Nope!! Keeping my 5s jailbroken. My 6 plus will be stock!
    http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

I hear there are some nice juicy bugs popping up, Apple must be providing its A+ support.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Installed and loving it faster than iOS 7 in my opinion

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

MoDaLoT (2014-09-18)

5s will remain panju'd thankfully iLexRat ios7 is around!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-09-18)

My 5s is jail broken.. Let's say I wanted to sell it and reset it to factory setting without restoring it so the jailbreak will stay intact..Would it affect the jailbreak? Or brick my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
    My 5s is jail broken.. Let's say I wanted to sell it and reset it to factory setting without restoring it so the jailbreak will stay intact..Would it affect the jailbreak? Or brick my phone?
    Check out iLex Rat.

BTW, nope. Cannot live without a jailbroken iPhone. The customization I have is way more useful to me than anything in iOS 8.

my 4s is dead (( ios8 ,,, sooooo slowerr ,,, freezzing,,,bugggyyy,,i can use my phone any more ,,,, whyyy whyyyyy appel whyyy dam it

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vonne69 For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-09-18)

Default IOsS 8...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    My iPhone 5 is staying on iOS 7.1.2 jailbroken, and my iPhone 6 Plus should be coming to me at the beginning of October so that I'll have the best of both worlds.

I took advantage of the day before the iOS 8 public release to DFU restore my iPhone 5 and start from scratch with a fresh jailbreak.
    Yup!!! Sticking with my iPhone 5S jailbroken until Friday the 19th. But, I didn't tho updated my mom iPhone C to IOS 8 and tested it. Not bad at all because most of the tweaks that I have been using on my jailbroken device are in IOS 8! The reasons to upgrade her iPhone is because due to the location she is living now had bad or poor reception, so, with this new IOS 8 upgrade she can now make calls on her iPhone C with the ability to make calls through wifi-calling and she loved it.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

Still downloading iOS 8 for iPad mini retina. It's only been 6.5 hours to do 2.1 GB. 👎😂🐎💩

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast