View Poll Results: Did you update your main iOS device to iOS 8 today?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I installed it as soon as I could!

20 34.48%
  • No, I want to keep my jailbreak for now.

36 62.07%
  • No, but I'm going to install iOS 8 in the next few days.

2 3.45%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did You Throw in the Towel and Install iOS 8? [POLL]

Keeping iOS7 on my jailbroken iPhone, gave up the jailbreak and upgraded to iOS8 on my iPad Air yesterday. Don't really use many tweaks on my iPad compared to my phone so it's not a big deal. That being said, I've already noticed a few tweaks which are really bothersome and I'm not looking forward to having on my phone. Primarily the fact that the Camera Roll has been removed from the Photos app! I create albums through iPhoto and sync them with my devices, but for images I take on my phone I prefer to keep them in camera roll for quick and easy access to share. Now there's a 'recent photos' app which I suppose will do the same thing going forward, but it does nothing for the few hundred images I have saved in there now.

Yes, WTF! Why have they removed camera roll? I want it back!! How dare Apple. Ask before you do, *** holes. I paid a lot of money for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I updated. By the time I get used to ios8 there will be a jailbreak out
    Yeah.. Last two years I would have told you you were NUTS to think we'd have a jailbreak for 6 and 7 anytime before January February.. and I would've been right.. !! LOL!.. iOS6 we got in late January.. iOS7 we got 3rd week of December (best Christmas EVER -- but very buggy and too early a release)..

But since Chinese Pangu team is on the scene now and since iOS8 is really more like a 7.2.. I truly believe the evad3rs will be WAY behind but PANGU's gonna nail the iOS8 jailbreak in the next 4-6 weeks.. You watch.. Mark my words.. The only thing working AGAINST that ambitious plan - is there's no more pwned iPhone 4 ability to peak into iOS8.. that's a definite hurdle..

I always make the jump to the new iOS, that way I have a chance to play with it before the jailbreak comes out. This way I have a idea of what I want to change. I'll always JB, because there are some tweaks I always want to have. XBMC for example, will be sweet on the iPhone 6 Plus.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope. Stock Apple firmwares suck. I wouldn't even want an iPhone if it wasn't jailbroken.

Default I'm screwed
    I may have to upgrade by force. My iPhone 5S has been acting weird lately. I can't install any updates from the App Store. I tried to do a restore from an older backup. It went through the whole process and when I turned on my device all that shows is "Hello" in various language. I can't do anything else. If I put in DFU mode I will have to restore and upgrade to iOS 8 and lose my jailbreak.

I can no longer do a restore since iTunes says to turn off "Find my iPhone" but I cant access "Settings" to turn it off.

This really sucks

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    I may have to upgrade by force. My iPhone 5S has been acting weird lately. I can't install any updates from the App Store. I tried to do a restore from an older backup. It went through the whole process and when I turned on my device all that shows is "Hello" in various language. I can't do anything else. If I put in DFU mode I will have to restore and upgrade to iOS 8 and lose my jailbreak.

I can no longer do a restore since iTunes says to turn off "Find my iPhone" but I cant access "Settings" to turn it off.

This really sucks
    Sounds to me like ur device is already restored if it's telling you hello in all the different languages but you could just follow the on screen set up and once your done it'll allow you access to your settings just restored my iPhone 5 to achieve carrier unlock and I had the same pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Sounds to me like ur device is already restored if it's telling you hello in all the different languages but you could just follow the on screen set up and once your done it'll allow you access to your settings just restored my iPhone 5 to achieve carrier unlock and I had the same pop up.
    There are no other onscreen setup instructions. The phone does nothing but show "Hello". So I am. saying goodbye and updating. I'm getting a new iPhone 6 which will have to wait for the jailbreak and my 5S would not be used other than music so...biting the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLong View Post
    In no way iOS 8 will ever get a hold on my 4S
    us 4s owners are pretty much screwed unless a future update makes os8 work perfectly. It also means that if we screw up our 4s's in anyway, we won't have any recourse for a full working restore.

I guess it's time to get a 6plus.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234