Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ProWidgets Jailbreak Tweak Creator Releases New Widgets for Newly-released iOS 8

Default ProWidgets Jailbreak Tweak Creator Releases New Widgets for Newly-released iOS 8

You probably recall an impressive jailbreak tweak called ProWidgets that we showed you earlier in the year by iOS developer Alan Yip that basically brought iOS 7 an extensible widget platform that third-party iOS developers could build off of. The stock jailbreak tweak itself even had a good number of widgets included in itself.

Yip, under the company name of Avanio Labs, is taking advantage of iOS 8's (released today) new third-party widget capability with three new widgets of his own (no jailbreak required), although you will need to be running iOS 8 to enjoy them.

Those three new widgets are:

Agenda+

Agenda+ is a reminder and calendar-oriented widget that allows you to see all of your upcoming events in one place in an organized fashion. The widget itself gives you the ability to use the list to manage your events by adding more, editing existing actions, and even deleting existing actions. You can view any of your events in detail, configure what events are allowed to show in the widget, and add new features to your events that even the Reminders and Calendar applications are not capable of.

Agenda+ supports iPhones and iPod touches running iOS 8, but not the iPad. You can download it for $1.99 via this App Store link.

Forecast+

Forecast+ is a weather-oriented widget that can show you a forecast for the next five days in your location. It keeps a low-profile design in your Notification Center that not only looks good, but functions even better. Temperature, humidity, and highs and lows are included in the interface, as are small graphics depicting the weather outside. Weather information comes from OpenWeatherMap. With this widget, you'll definitely feel like you're back in iOS 6 again.

Forecast+ supports iPhones and iPod touches running iOS 8, but not the iPad. You can download it for 99Ę via this App Store link.

Paste+

Paste+ is a clipboard-orientated widget that helps you manage the content of your clipboard, or the things that you cut or copy and then intend to paste somewhere else. It is compatible with both text and images and is intended to make it easier for you to quickly perform tasks with your clipboard. When you have something in your clipboard, you can use this widget to easily send it off to another application on your iOS 8 device. Several different applications are supported, but you'll have to check out the App Store's application description to see them all!

Paste+ supports iPhones and iPod touches running iOS 8, but not the iPad. You can download it for $3.99 via this App Store link.

For sure, we have to appreciate Alan Yip's talented efforts, as he has been a wonderful asset to the jailbreak community, and now the iOS App Store community. Will you be checking out his widgets on your iOS 8 device(s)?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Somony (2014-10-01)

Iíve never seen a need for widgets. If I want information like weather or stocks or something similar, opening the actual app gives me much more information and takes literally a few seconds. Iím not, nor will ever be, that pressed for time.

But itís good to see a feature coming on board that others seem to really want.

I take it this only works in the NC and not on the lockscreen hu?

Quote Originally Posted by jber View Post
    Yup, but I haven't tested to see if it works from Notification Center ON the Lock Screen. Because as you know, you can open Notification Center on the Lock Screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yup, but I haven't tested to see if it works from Notification Center ON the Lock Screen. Because as you know, you can open Notification Center on the Lock Screen.
    I do, but its just not the same. That may be the nail in the coffin for my update to iOS8.

I do, but its just not the same. That may be the nail in the coffin for my update to iOS8.
    When iOS 8 gets jailbroken, that will fix what Apple hasn't delivered

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

So, no home screen or lockscreen widgets?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Seems that way

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Only Notification Center at this point in time.

On the lock screen slide the notification center down and there you go

Thanks

These aren't really widgets...