Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Unable to Keep Up with iPhone 6 Demand Despite Reaching Record Output Levels

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Foxconn Unable to Keep Up with iPhone 6 Demand Despite Reaching Record Output Levels

As the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus preorders continue to flood the Online Apple Store, Foxconn is reportedly having issues keeping up with the high demand. The Apple partner manufacturer has even reached record output levels and is still struggling to keep up. According to sources who claim to be familiar with the supplier’s operations, Foxconn dedicated 100 assembly lines in Zhengzhou to work around the clock in an attempt to meet preorders and launch day allotments for Apple’s iPhone 6 handsets. The unnamed source behind the claims said the following regarding the matter:

We have been churning out 140,000 iPhone 6 Plus and 400,000 iPhone 6 every day, the highest daily output ever, but the volume is still not enough to meet the preorders. For iPhone 6 Plus, we are still ramping up the production line. Another reason for the limited supply is the shortage of 5.5-inch displays.
    One of the sources mentioned that 5.5-inch display yields are somewhere between 50% and 60% meaning that nearly half of all the produced panels are scrapped as they don’t meet Apple’s strict standards. Retina HD display which are set to be used for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 seem to be doing better with an 85% output rate.

Sources claim that Foxconn is responsible for manufacturing all of the iPhone 6 Plus models as well as the majority of the regular iPhone 6 models, a statement which contrasts the previous rumor of Pegatron winning 50% of the iPhone 6 orders. Supplies for the 6 Plus appear to be constrained as the larger phone was the first to see its delivery dates slip after the preorders went live last Friday.

As of right now, Apple seems to be set break another record this upcoming Friday.

Source: The Wall Street Journal

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

New year, but same ole song.

Yeah, they never can keep up with demand when the new phones come out. We all knew that.

they just need to hire more kids. (j/k)

As customer frustration rises, Android devices will be sold at record numbers.

The tears of disappointed wannabe iPhone 6/6+ owners makes me smile.

Default Foxconn Unable to Keep Up with iPhone 6 Demand Despite Reaching Record Output...
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    I doubt that. I think most people who want iPhones will wait for the new phone rather than switch to Android.

To bad Samsung didn't play nice (steal ideas from Apple). Samsung could have possibly picked up the slack. It's not like people clamoring for their devices anyway.

What's funny is that people still think Apple intentionally holds back supply or doesn't produce enough to cause supply shortages, and somehow that induces demand. I'm not sure in what imaginary world they live in where stockouts are good for business, but it's not the real world, and nobody with a career in retail would agree with them.

If people are bent on getting the phone, they'll get it even if they have to wait.
    If people don't want it. they won't regardless of supply.

It's those crucial people on the fence of what phone they want that matter. And the way to win those customers over is to first have your product in stock! If you don't they'll easily go to their next choice.

I can't imagine a situation where a person would think "I don't think I want an iPhone... what??... you say they're not available to buy?... I MUST HAVE IT!"

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    What's funny is that people still think Apple intentionally holds back supply or doesn't produce enough to cause supply shortages, and somehow that induces demand. I'm not sure in what imaginary world they live in where stockouts are good for business, but it's not the real world, and nobody with a career in retail would agree with them.

If people are bent on getting the phone, they'll get it even if they have to wait.
    If people don't want it. they won't regardless of supply.

It's those crucial people on the fence of what phone they want that matter. And the way to win those customers over is to first have your product in stock! If you don't they'll easily go to their next choice.

I can't imagine a situation where a person would think "I don't think I want an iPhone... what??... you say they're not available to buy?... I MUST HAVE IT!"
    It makes the phone sound good. It makes it sound like so many people in the world want one that not even a megacorp like Apple can keep them in stock. This makes them "cooler."

That, at least, is their train of thought. I have no idea if it actually works.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

You know what nakedcrock? With all the post you have made recently in all these threads about great android devices, I was skeptical at first. But this post finally convinced me to cancel me and my wife's iPhone 6 Plus 64gb, donate my iPad mini, iPhone 4s and my wife's iDevices to run out and get everything "Android". Forget about the 3 weeks of hell my wife and I went through with android devices. I forgot how much I like to reboot devices every 2-3 hours to clear the locked up OS. Thank you nakedcrock, you've set me on the straight and and true path with this post. I do have a question for you. Should I start hating U2 as well?

that is so, so weird. On so many levels.

It's exactly like me going on a Pringles forum and constantly hammering Pringles in favor of Lays. then saying, "the tears of Pringles eaters make me smile."

just so weird.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-09-18)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    that is so, so weird. On so many levels.

It's exactly like me going on a Pringles forum and constantly hammering Pringles in favor of Lays. then saying, "the tears of Pringles eaters make me smile."

just so weird.
    +1 omg I didn't even catch that before you mentioned it.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!