Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Highly Popular 1Password App Currently Free in the iOS App Store [UPDATED] App Store Error

Default Highly Popular 1Password App Currently Free in the iOS App Store [UPDATED] App Store Er

The highly popular 1Password password-management application for the iOS platform is currently free in the iOS App Store, normally a $9.99 purchase.

1Password is used to keep track of all of your passwords and works with iCloud to keep all of your devices in sync. The built-in Web browser can automatically sign you into Web site using the password information that you've stored in the application, and there are several security features to ensure that your information is completely safe.

There is no word yet on why 1Password is free in the iOS App Store, or how long it will be, although this is certainly the first time the application has ever gone free. The developers still note that the iOS 8 update for the application will be a free upgrade for existing users, so we recommend you grab it while you can!

You can download 1Password from this App Store link.

UPDATE: It would appear that the reasoning behind 1Password showing as free in the iOS App Store is an error in the App Store. The developers note that it should fix itself by the time iOS 8 is released to the public:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/norio_nomura">@norio_nomura</a> Some are seeing it free right now because of an App Store error. It should all smooth over once iOS 8 is released tomorrow.</p>&mdash; 1Password (@1Password) <a href="https://twitter.com/1Password/status/512036739964485632">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sources: App Store
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-17 at 06:41 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

So if we download it, will we get charged, or will it stay free for us?

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    So if we download it, will we get charged, or will it stay free for us?
    Nobody knows what's going to happen yet, although my own iTunes account shows that I was not charged.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-09-17)

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from
    Thanks

I just downloaded it and wasn't charged.

Sent by pressing buttons.

Saw a couple free apps yesterday on AppShopper, too, but went to the App Store and they were not free. I wonder if this is a widespread problem.

Sweet

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know if this has KeePass import/export/sync capability?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I better not get charged for this when the store said free. Can anyone grab a screen shot showing free?

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    I better not get charged for this when the store said free. Can anyone grab a screen shot showing free?
    My iTunes purchase history says $0.00.

Default Highly Popular 1Password App Currently Free in the iOS App Store [UPDATED] Ap...
    I just got it for free so it's legit for now at least. I don't know if it's a mistake or not.

They can't go back and charge you for it after you download it.

Got it Free also... beauty! Thanks for the heads up!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-09-17)

Nice there is no catch???

I looked at the price history of the app and the lowest it has ever been was $7.99. The highest was $17.99 so for it the be free now is surprising.

Mine doesn't appear to want to update to the iOS 8 version.

Do you have iOS 8 already?

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Do you have iOS 8 already?
    No, but that's why it won't update.

Yeah. The app says the update for iOS 8 is free to existing users so we shouldn't have to pay still.

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Yeah. The app says the update for iOS 8 is free to existing users so we shouldn't have to pay still.
    That's good, looks like those that got it free last night get to keep it.