Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AudioOut' Lets You Still Use Headphone Remote With External Speaker

Default 'AudioOut' Lets You Still Use Headphone Remote With External Speaker

If you've ever wanted to use your Apple headphone remote to control your music, but still have the audio play through your iOS device's external speaker, then this new jailbreak tweak called AudioOut by iOS developer vibez will interest you.

Under any normal circumstances, when you plug in your set of Apple headphones into your iOS device, all sound is suddenly transferred to the headphones. If you want to use the remote on your headphones, you absolutely have to listen to your music or media through your headphones.

AudioOut fixes this, allowing you to have the best of both worlds. You can use your Apple headphones with your 3.5mm headphone jack, but sound will still be emitted through the device's external speaker. This means, you can use the headphones' inline remote and still use external sound at the same time.

This could come in handy if your hands are really dirty and you would rather touch a cheap little remote instead of your expensive iPhone, that way you can get the cheap little remote dirty instead. It can also be handy if you have problems with your headphone jack and sound doesn't work as you expect it to at least you can still salvage the remote functionality.

Additionally, if you just prefer the use of hardware buttons over using your touch display to control your music or media, then AudioOut could come in handy whenever you're listening to music or media with your external speaker.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand:

If you want to give AudioOut a try, it's available right now for 99 in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required for the installation.

Name: AudioOut
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.0-3
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: vibez
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no need for this, but I'm curious if it would allow you to use Airplay through it. I also can't tell if it transmits the music through the 3.5mm jack AND the speakers or just the speakers.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

Angry Useless Tweak
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I have no need for this, but I'm curious if it would allow you to use Airplay through it. I also can't tell if it transmits the music through the 3.5mm jack AND the speakers or just the speakers.
    It has ZERO airplay integration..It sucks. I thought I was going to be able to send video only out to airplay and keep listening to the audio on my iphone through headphones (when watching a movie for example) Another buck in the useless tweak fund... I cant believe he made this paid tweak (no settings options or icon) if you choose to route audio through headphones with this you cant hear ringtone or alarm if you dont have them in your ear

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Matteo88 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-09-21)