Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MyPhoneDefault' Lets You Choose a Default Tab for the Phone App, Hide Voicemail

Default 'MyPhoneDefault' Lets You Choose a Default Tab for the Phone App, Hide Voicemail

If you use the Phone application on your iOS 7 iPhone regularly, and you want more control over what tab in the application will open by default when you launch the Phone application, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called MyPhoneDefault by iOS developer James Tanner.

MyPhoneDefault adds a preferences pane to the Settings application, shown above, that lets you enable or disable the tweak on demand, pick a tab in the Phone application that will open by default when you open the Phone application on your iPhone, and there's also an option that lets you completely hide the Voicemail tab (for those that don't use Voicemail).

As you can see, we set the Phone application to launch to the Keypad tab every time that it opens, and when we opened the Phone application, it is indeed the Keypad tab that opened up with the application.

If you want to give MyPhoneDefault a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. An iPhone running iOS 7 is required for the installation this tweak will not work on iPod touches or iPads.

Name: MyPhoneDefault
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: James Tanner
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Halleluyah! An idea I've had for a very long time to stop butt dialing.

Now all I need is an app that sets the messaging program to loudly annunciate all messages rather than the stupid way it has worked where it very quietly sounds messages if the messaging app is open. Give me a choice to hear the arrival of every message if I want.
    Last edited by gtemkin; 2014-09-17 at 06:33 AM.