Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon and Sprint Offering Early Upgrades to Customers

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Verizon and Sprint Offering Early Upgrades to Customers

After Apple announced their next generation iPhone last week, it has been on many people’s agendas to get their hands on either the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. It has also been reported that the devices broke a sales record for the number of pre-sold iPhones ever. To make this number go up even more, 9to5Mac has reported that mobile carriers Verizon and Sprint are giving consumers early upgrades for their mobile devices. Verizon has stated:

As a special thank you to our existing customers, all Verizon customers who would be eligible to upgrade on or before November 15th have had their upgrade dates changed to become upgrade eligible immediately. These customers can now upgrade to any device currently in our lineup, with new two year contract. Customers should check My Verizon to confirm upgrade eligibility.
    According to 9to5Mac, mobile carrier Sprint has also confirmed early upgrades for their customers. The carrier has stated the following:

We encourage Sprint customers to call Customer Care with upgrade questions – we allow most customers who have had their current device for at least 6 months to upgrade early on Easy Pay or Lease.
    In previous years, AT&T offered device changing to consumers who were eligible to upgrade within a month. However, AT&T has yet to confirm or announce any early upgrades this year. This year is the first year mobile carriers started a monthly program and they have all been pushing it since.

Will you be doing an early upgrade and getting the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-09-16 at 01:26 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Currently a Verizon subscriber and I ordered an iphone 6 Plus 64GB 4 AM - CST on Friday through the Sprint website. As of this afternoon @ 4:15 PM, I still had no tracking info from Sprint - I just canceled the order. I'll wait till the hype is over :-)

AT&T is allowing the early upgrade as well. My line a week ago was not eligible till November 1 and today it says I can upgrade today.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My AT&T 2 year contract expires 11/22 and I'm only eligible for an "upgrade" with Next.

Verizon's is pretty weak. They could have at least gone to the end of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by tat2me2 View Post
    Currently a Verizon subscriber and I ordered an iphone 6 Plus 64GB 4 AM - CST on Friday through the Sprint website. As of this afternoon @ 4:15 PM, I still had no tracking info from Sprint - I just canceled the order. I'll wait till the hype is over :-)
    Sprint was having a lot of issues and were advising their customers to go through a Sprint store because their website wasn't figuring in the correct information. It was actually scheduling peoples upgrades for recycles. Best just to do it through the store. Their website is still jacked up.