Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New Samsung Ad Shows How Samsung Really Feels About Apple's New iPhone 6 Plus

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by edoutmax View Post
    it's the truth, just realize it Apple has lost it's mojo. What did people say when the first Galaxy Gear came out last year when it ONLY worked with the Note 3? Now Apple Watch comes which ONLY works with the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus but people are not saying anything about that. Blinded by Apple.
    Because it's not true. It's compatible with iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, & 6+. That will be just about every single iPhone owner in the world in 2015.
    Last edited by gilliamrb; 2014-09-15 at 08:14 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post

    Innovation is dead in Cupertino...and Samsung hit a grand slam with this commercial.

    Face it...Samsung/Android is more consumer friendly, Android leads in software innovation/service integration, Samsung is now leading in hardware, and it is only uphill from here for Samsung/Android and downhill for iOS...
    The problem is that innovation is not simply slapping in new features or increasing screen size, it is figuring out how to make those improvements work for users. Apple is successful because they allow other companies to jump the bandwagon and stuff the newest hardware into devices, then they analyze what works and build the user experience so that the innovations are actually useful. That is why you see fandroids rushing out to buy new devices every year because it is a hardware race for them, whereas Apple users hold on to their phones because they actually use the innovative functionality that is built into the technology. Encouraging customers to buy new products every year to have the newest hardware that was not even used in previous versions is known as planned obsolescence and is great for driving sales, but it is hardly consumer friendly. What is consumer friendly is selling a device that people can hold on to for more than a year, and which can then be resold to recoup some of the original purchase cost when the consumer upgrades to the next device - exactly why Apple is a more successful and profitable company than Samsung.

    Noone will ever remember all the people that "innovated" when they discovered nuclear fusion but they will almost certainly remember the ones that actually made it a viable power source.

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by elehcdn View Post
    The problem is that innovation is not simply slapping in new features or increasing screen size, it is figuring out how to make those improvements work for users. Apple is successful because they allow other companies to jump the bandwagon and stuff the newest hardware into devices, then they analyze what works and build the user experience so that the innovations are actually useful. That is why you see fandroids rushing out to buy new devices every year because it is a hardware race for them, whereas Apple users hold on to their phones because they actually use the innovative functionality that is built into the technology. Encouraging customers to buy new products every year to have the newest hardware that was not even used in previous versions is known as planned obsolescence and is great for driving sales, but it is hardly consumer friendly. What is consumer friendly is selling a device that people can hold on to for more than a year, and which can then be resold to recoup some of the original purchase cost when the consumer upgrades to the next device - exactly why Apple is a more successful and profitable company than Samsung.

    Noone will ever remember all the people that "innovated" when they discovered nuclear fusion but they will almost certainly remember the ones that actually made it a viable power source.
    Exactly.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles46 View Post
    So what about last year when Samsung copies Apple with Touch ID? What about last year when Apple put 64 bit Samsung was quick to say they'd be putting that soon too? Didn't Apple invent the first smartphone (I'm not 100% sure of this one but I think it's true) and Samsung copies? Samsung making these commercials makes them seem like a jealous 5 year old.
    Hahaha no...Apple didn't make the first smartphone, they simply made the first one that was a joy to use and the industry exploded. Was the first smartphone to not have a physical keyboard, which everyone at the time complained they would never get an iPhone bc it doesn't have a real keyboard (see the first Motorola Droid). Well, now their are practically no smartphones with physical keyboards.

  5. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gilliamrb View Post
    Hahaha no...Apple didn't make the first smartphone, they simply made the first one that was a joy to use and the industry exploded. Was the first smartphone to not have a physical keyboard, which everyone at the time complained they would never get an iPhone bc it doesn't have a real keyboard (see the first Motorola Droid). Well, now their are practically no smartphones with physical keyboards.
    True. It's a two way street. Samsung copies Apple and vice versa. Samsung just has to ***** about it and fight dirty. Stay classy Apple.

  6. #46
    Default Mud-slinging
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It would seem that mud-slinging is Samsung's new advertising tactic.

    Apple had two choices:

    A. Leave their screen size and surrender sales to the competitor.

    Or B. Conform to the market and continue with sales growth and leave a competitor wiping their tears.

    Apple chose B, and I would too if I were a leading company trying to make money.
    Samsung's actions is typically that of a company that feels threatened by its competitor. It doesn't show any integrity and is like a child that finds out that the neighbours kid got a nice "toy" to play with.
    Lets be honest: Their presentation is **** (its like a commercialised Korean theater), its too static and lacks depth.
    Apple's presentation wasn't flawless either (stream wise like), but with a audience of over a billion (1.000.000.000) online thats understandable.
    Samsung needs to learn that the public makes a company and their employees are just a means to that; same goes for Apple. The BIG difference is that Apple delivers quality and Samsung has just plastic **** and nowadays people want quality for their money.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Like I tell people? Companies like Samsung are like ohhh look at me. They are the type that make a motor and just slap a blower on it and say oh look? Our motors make 500HP.

    Where Apple would take the time and design, blue print & balance the motor. Port and polish the heads to flow more air and fuel and efficient. Use lighter materials to lessen the drag on the components and etc... to produce the same HP.
    Is it not just as fair to saw that Apple's "engines" have been intentionally under powered each time and putting it in a vehicle that it's barely a match for, all in effort to make sure you buy the next one? Sure it seems fast when you first test drive it with hardly any extra load, but once you start using it everyday with all your usual gear, it never feels quite as fast.

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    Is it not just as fair to saw that Apple's "engines" have been intentionally under powered each time and putting it in a vehicle that it's barely a match for, all in effort to make sure you buy the next one? Sure it seems fast when you first test drive it with hardly any extra load, but once you start using it everyday with all your usual gear, it never feels quite as fast.
    That's not true. I have a 2 yr old iPhone 5 with about 50 tweaks and add-ons from being jail broken and have zero lag issues. Whereas the S5 has 2-3 GB of ram and those who I know who have one complain about glitches and having to reboot their phone several times a day.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Where do people get that rubbish from?
    What a crock and Apple proved it themselves when they moved the whole Mac platform from Motorola to intel. There is no software without hardware. Even with what was thought to be better software, better integration and whatever else the zealots will mention Apple could not get PowerPC to produce the right numbers. Period!
    You totally misunderstood, Apple switched to Intel not because PowerPC chips cannot produce the power, it's totally because Apple needs to lure the Windows users with Boot Camp.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    Samsung are a bunch of sore losers. They make **** phones made of plastic that run ****** android. Get over it Samsuck. You will never beat Apple phones. The jokes on you Samsung,the only reason apple prolly made a phablet phone is to show you that all the people who want larger phones never really had much of a choice when it came to a quality. Now,all the people who left Apple for a larger phone are back because iOS is far superior to FAILdroid and the cheap phones you make. Apple doesn't have to talk *****,they let their actions speak louder than words.
    One can also say that Crapple are a bunch of sore losers when all they do is release endless innovations in filing lawsuits against superior companies, such as Samsung.

    The fact is, everyone who left Crapple for the glorious wonders of Android, are permanent Android converts. I bet you, the same guy who talks about build quality has a case on your Crapple iPhone. If your build quality is so great, why does Crapple command the single LARGEST market for smartphone cases? It sounds like "build quality" is hot air that cannot be supported by the real world user's unwillingness to go case-free. All hardware suffers wear and tear, no matter if it is plastic or aluminum. All Crapple has is "looking pretty". When it come to specs, software, and features...they have been lapped by EVERY Android OEM...and the Android OS.

    Also, check your facts sheep; Samsung is beginning to move towards better design quality, so, your entire point is now moot...like Crapple will be in a few years.

    And yes, Crapple does let their actions speak louder than their words and all I hear is: "We are 2 years behind in hardware and software, and we are only falling behind. Enjoy your circa 2012 hardware".

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    You failed to mention that an Android phone needs to be rooted in order for it to function correctly. I swear fandroids are more delusional than tea party supporters.

    After jumping through hoops and bricking my phone(also working with a few people from A) I was able to successfully root my phone. Its still buggy as hell, but at least I no longer have Touchwiz.

    Also just want to point out that at least when I jailbreak iOS, I don't have to worry about losing the original functions. I had to find the coding that controlled my camera to tweak it because it was no longer shooting in 4k. Don't have to worry about that on an iPhone.
    Before I tell you how horribly wrong you are, let me just say; how many jailbreak tweaks exist on Cydia that REPLICATE features that come with STOCK Android. You never needed a rooted device for custom keyboards. You never needed root access for file explorers. You never needed root to install unsigned apps. The only thing root did was give total control of the OS, such as killing startup apps, manipulating the clock speed on the CPU, and removing system apps. Stock Android is as verbose and flexible as JB iOS. Rooted Android is UNMATCHED in its potential. With root, I doubled the battery life of my phone.

    Using iOS, is like walking around with a leash on...and Steve Job's decrepit, dead hands are STILL on that leash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You're right, it's not our fault. It's the fault of a company that did such a horrible job creating a third-party operating system that the users have no idea how to use it to its fullest potential. Apple has tons of documentation on their operating system, and has One-to-One classes in stores, and even informational guides to help users learn.

    Android must be rooted for significant use of its features, as it's quite the closed operating system itself.
    Says the guy who uses a device who only RECENTLY got permission from Crapple to install custom keyboards. Yeah...Android is CLOSED...yeah, right. Keep drinking the iKoolaid.

    Additionally, in today's day and age, if someone doesn't know to go to settings to remove an app, or adjust preferences...and they DON'T try a Google search...they are stupid. I found the FULL Android OS Documentation with a simple Google search. You can even find the Android L (now Android One) documentation in there. It is clear that reliance on iOS makes iSheep stupid.

    Google Magic solves everything.
    Last edited by nakedcrook; 2014-09-15 at 09:46 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to nakedcrook For This Useful Post:

    hopethemodworx (2014-09-15)

  12. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    That's not true. I have a 2 yr old iPhone 5 with about 50 tweaks and add-ons from being jail broken and have zero lag issues. Whereas the S5 has 2-3 GB of ram and those who I know who have one complain about glitches and having to reboot their phone several times a day.
    What version of iOS are you on? I suspect it's 6.x, as that indeed usually runs smoothly on nearly any iPhone 5 I've used. However, iOS 7 does have some speed issues on the iPhone 5 which I have personally experienced on various phones from clients (mostly stock but some were jail-broken) and combined with all the reports I've read for quite some time now, I feel that this is fairly common.

    Therefore, continuing the automotive analogy, it's like taking the car is for official routine servicing only for them to set the engine speed govern lower in effort to coerce the client into looking into the latest models in order to get that new and quick feel again.

  13. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    One can also say that Crapple are a bunch of sore losers when all they do is release endless innovations in filing lawsuits against superior companies, such as Samsung.

    The fact is, everyone who left Crapple for the glorious wonders of Android, are permanent Android converts. I bet you, the same guy who talks about build quality has a case on your Crapple iPhone. If your build quality is so great, why does Crapple command the single LARGEST market for smartphone cases? It sounds like "build quality" is hot air that cannot be supported by the real world user's unwillingness to go case-free. All hardware suffers wear and tear, no matter if it is plastic or aluminum. All Crapple has is "looking pretty". When it come to specs, software, and features...they have been lapped by EVERY Android OEM...and the Android OS.

    Also, check your facts sheep; Samsung is beginning to move towards better design quality, so, your entire point is now moot...like Crapple will be in a few years.

    And yes, Crapple does let their actions speak louder than their words and all I hear is: "We are 2 years behind in hardware and software, and we are only falling behind. Enjoy your circa 2012 hardware".



    Before I tell you how horribly wrong you are, let me just say; how many jailbreak tweaks exist on Cydia that REPLICATE features that come with STOCK Android. You never needed a rooted device for custom keyboards. You never needed root access for file explorers. You never needed root to install unsigned apps. The only thing root did was give total control of the OS, such as killing startup apps, manipulating the clock speed on the CPU, and removing system apps. Stock Android is as verbose and flexible as JB iOS. Rooted Android is UNMATCHED in its potential. With root, I doubled the battery life of my phone.

    Using iOS, is like walking around with a leash on...and Steve Job's decrepit, dead hands are STILL on that leash.



    Says the guy who uses a device who only RECENTLY got permission from Crapple to install custom keyboards. Yeah...Android is CLOSED...yeah, right. Keep drinking the iKoolaid.

    Additionally, in today's day and age, if someone doesn't know to go to settings to remove an app, or adjust preferences...and they DON'T try a Google search...they are stupid. I found the FULL Android OS Documentation with a simple Google search. You can even find the Android L (now Android One) documentation in there. It is clear that reliance on iOS makes iSheep stupid.

    Google Magic solves everything.
    And the argument goes on and on "sheep". I know my stuff. Samsuck took 4 plus years to design a decent phone made with metal. Android coverts !? Lol... 70% of my buddies all had numerous android phones til they realized they all run like **** and need to be replaced often. They have since switched to Apple and haven't looked back. I myself have owned several android tablets and phones and they do suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    And the argument goes on and on "sheep". I know my stuff. Samsuck took 4 plus years to design a decent phone made with metal. Android coverts !? Lol... 70% of my buddies all had numerous android phones til they realized they all run like **** and need to be replaced often. They have since switched to Apple and haven't looked back. I myself have owned several android tablets and phones and they do suck.
    Also if your "superior" SA,sung was so superior they wouldn't have to play dirty and talk smack on other phones. This in itself shows their standing in the race. Go cry about it to yo mama

  14. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Says the guy who uses a device who only RECENTLY got permission from Crapple to install custom keyboards. Yeah...Android is CLOSED...yeah, right. Keep drinking the iKoolaid.

    Additionally, in today's day and age, if someone doesn't know to go to settings to remove an app, or adjust preferences...and they DON'T try a Google search...they are stupid. I found the FULL Android OS Documentation with a simple Google search. You can even find the Android L (now Android One) documentation in there. It is clear that reliance on iOS makes iSheep stupid.

    Google Magic solves everything.

    Before I tell you how horribly wrong you are, let me just say; how many jailbreak tweaks exist on Cydia that REPLICATE features that come with STOCK Android. You never needed a rooted device for custom keyboards. You never needed root access for file explorers. You never needed root to install unsigned apps. The only thing root did was give total control of the OS, such as killing startup apps, manipulating the clock speed on the CPU, and removing system apps. Stock Android is as verbose and flexible as JB iOS. Rooted Android is UNMATCHED in its potential. With root, I doubled the battery life of my phone.
    I don't know about you, but I've been installing custom keyboards since the first Keyboard jailbreak tweaks in Cydia were born. I don't need Apple's permission.

    If you have to SEARCH the Internet to find documentation on your device, then your device manufacturer isn't doing their job. Apple's documentation is so much better in that respect. They take care of their customers too, unlike Android manufacturers that basically just tell you, "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

    And, just look at all the jailbreak tweaks that Android has stolen from the wallets of third-party young developers trying to make a small living before they become full-blown adults. How low can you get?
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-15 at 10:13 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    hopethemodworx (2014-09-15)

  16. #54
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    And the argument goes on and on "sheep". I know my stuff. Samsuck took 4 plus years to design a decent phone made with metal. Android coverts !? Lol... 70% of my buddies all had numerous android phones til they realized they all run like **** and need to be replaced often. They have since switched to Apple and haven't looked back. I myself have owned several android tablets and phones and they do suck.



    Also if your "superior" SA,sung was so superior they wouldn't have to play dirty and talk smack on other phones. This in itself shows their standing in the race. Go cry about it to yo mama
    And yes we all know FAILdroid is open source it's no mystery. I don't really understand why you're here if you dislike such a confined and controlled OS. TROLL MUCH.

    Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    What version of iOS are you on? I suspect it's 6.x, as that indeed usually runs smoothly on nearly any iPhone 5 I've used. However, iOS 7 does have some speed issues on the iPhone 5 which I have personally experienced on various phones from clients (mostly stock but some were jail-broken) and combined with all the reports I've read for quite some time now, I feel that this is fairly common.

    Therefore, continuing the automotive analogy, it's like taking the car is for official routine servicing only for them to set the engine speed govern lower in effort to coerce the client into looking into the latest models in order to get that new and quick feel again.
    7.1.2

  17. #55
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    One can also say that Crapple are a bunch of sore losers when all they do is release endless innovations in filing lawsuits against superior companies, such as Samsung.

    The fact is, everyone who left Crapple for the glorious wonders of Android, are permanent Android converts.
    Out of curiosity, have you counted recently on this APPLE forum alone how many Galaxy users said they're switching over? I can think of 3 off the top of my head, and I'm sure there's at least one or two more out there.
    I bet you, the same guy who talks about build quality has a case on your Crapple iPhone. If your build quality is so great, why does Crapple command the single LARGEST market for smartphone cases? It sounds like "build quality" is hot air that cannot be supported by the real world user's unwillingness to go case-free.
    Perhaps that's because Apple commands the largest market for smartphones? Just a thought.
    All hardware suffers wear and tear, no matter if it is plastic or aluminum. All Crapple has is "looking pretty".
    Gotta say, that's certainly better than the looking butt ugly and feeling like a used bandage. (That's the S5 btw).
    When it come to specs, software, and features...they have been lapped by EVERY Android OEM...and the Android OS.
    I'm actually not up to date on software info, but I'm with you on hardware. You're right, Samsung does manage to have twice the hardware power and still run slower in benchmarks than iPhones.

    Also, check your facts sheep; Samsung is beginning to move towards better design quality, so, your entire point is now moot...like Crapple will be in a few years.
    Oh, so it's OK to copy hardware quality and the entire look and feel of a phone, but boosting the screen size is a call to arms?

    And yes, Crapple does let their actions speak louder than their words and all I hear is: "We are 2 years behind in hardware and software, and we are only falling behind. Enjoy your circa 2012 hardware".
    All I hear is that someone needs a life on somewhere other than an Apple forum. If we're talking about phones though, enjoy your circa "never gonna be useful" features.



    Before I tell you how horribly wrong you are, let me just say; how many jailbreak tweaks exist on Cydia that REPLICATE features that come with STOCK Android. You never needed a rooted device for custom keyboards. You never needed root access for file explorers. You never needed root to install unsigned apps. The only thing root did was give total control of the OS, such as killing startup apps, manipulating the clock speed on the CPU, and removing system apps. Stock Android is as verbose and flexible as JB iOS. Rooted Android is UNMATCHED in its potential. With root, I doubled the battery life of my phone.
    Maybe because half of Android's features were originally JB tweaks? Just saying. And I thought Samsung's battery was so great that you wouldn't need any boosting?

    Using iOS, is like walking around with a leash on...and Steve Job's decrepit, dead hands are STILL on that leash.
    We're very ashamed to have the largest tech innovator in modern time to still be impacting us.



    Says the guy who uses a device who only RECENTLY got permission from Crapple to install custom keyboards. Yeah...Android is CLOSED...yeah, right. Keep drinking the iKoolaid.
    I think you should take some Koolaid yourself. Getting kinda worked up about all this.

    Additionally, in today's day and age, if someone doesn't know to go to settings to remove an app, or adjust preferences...and they DON'T try a Google search...they are stupid.
    what?
    I found the FULL Android OS Documentation with a simple Google search. You can even find the Android L (now Android One) documentation in there. It is clear that reliance on iOS makes iSheep stupid.
    What exactly does that have to do with anything? There is plenty of iOS documentation.

    Google Magic solves everything.
    . I tried asking google how to get rid of naked crooks but didn't come up with any useful answers. *sighs* apparently Google can't do everything...

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    hopethemodworx (2014-09-15)

  19. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You're right, it's not our fault. It's the fault of a company that did such a horrible job creating a third-party operating system that the users have no idea how to use it to its fullest potential. Apple has tons of documentation on their operating system, and has One-to-One classes in stores, and even informational guides to help users learn.

    Android must be rooted for significant use of its features, as it's quite the closed operating system itself.
    Please stop spreading disinformation. I'm not an Android advocate; I am an iOS user. But what you are saying simply isn't true. The overwhelming majority of "Cydia tweaks" can be had and found for Android with out any rooting what so ever.

    Second of all, Google does have full documentation available for Android, Chrome, etc just like Apple does for their products. So again, you are completely misrepresenting the facts almost to the point of blatant dishonesty (or maybe simply you're pushing the common line of ignorance.) Which is really surprising as you usually seem to be rather well informed, so I'm rather shocked to see you jumping on this sort of bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by homophobeworx View Post
    That's not true. I have a 2 yr old iPhone 5 with about 50 tweaks and add-ons from being jail broken and have zero lag issues. Whereas the S5 has 2-3 GB of ram and those who I know who have one complain about glitches and having to reboot their phone several times a day.
    I seriously doubt this unless you're still on iOS 6 (which would not be a bad thing.) I've used way too many iPhone 5 handsets that felt like iOS 7 was really pushing the limits of the device to feel it was just a coincidence.

  20. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    Please stop spreading disinformation. I'm not an Android advocate; I am an iOS user. But what you are saying simply isn't true. The overwhelming majority of "Cydia tweaks" can be had and found for Android with out any rooting what so ever.

    Second of all, Google does have full documentation available for Android, Chrome, etc just like Apple does for their products. So again, you are completely misrepresenting the facts almost to the point of blatant dishonesty (or maybe simply you're pushing the common line of ignorance.) Which is really surprising as you usually seem to be rather well informed, so I'm rather shocked to see you jumping on this sort of bandwagon.
    With the first part of your statement, I'm not saying that Cydia tweaks aren't somehow differently available on Android. My point in case is that Android is not as "open" of an operating system as most people think. The manufacturer has full control over what the user gets, and therefore rooting is necessary to open it up to the user. This has nothing to do with what tweaks are in Cydia that Android already has, etc.

    As for the second part of your statement, documentation is available, but I believe that the user/company involvement for Android and users is far less than Apple offers, meaning Apple has a much more user-friendly documentation platform. Again, I believe Apple does BETTER in this respect. I am not informing anybody that Google has NONE whatsoever. This is my opinion, it's not dishonesty. I find that Apple's means of spreading information about their operating system and getting down to the user level is much more effective and efficient. In addition to the One-to-One classes Apple provides, iOS 8 now also includes a new Tips application that will teach new iOS users how to use new features on their device.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-15 at 10:51 PM.

  21. #58
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,734
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    One can also say that Crapple are a bunch of sore losers when all they do is release endless innovations in filing lawsuits against superior companies, such as Samsung.

    The fact is, everyone who left Crapple for the glorious wonders of Android, are permanent Android converts. I bet you, the same guy who talks about build quality has a case on your Crapple iPhone. If your build quality is so great, why does Crapple command the single LARGEST market for smartphone cases? It sounds like "build quality" is hot air that cannot be supported by the real world user's unwillingness to go case-free. All hardware suffers wear and tear, no matter if it is plastic or aluminum. All Crapple has is "looking pretty". When it come to specs, software, and features...they have been lapped by EVERY Android OEM...and the Android OS.

    Also, check your facts sheep; Samsung is beginning to move towards better design quality, so, your entire point is now moot...like Crapple will be in a few years.

    And yes, Crapple does let their actions speak louder than their words and all I hear is: "We are 2 years behind in hardware and software, and we are only falling behind. Enjoy your circa 2012 hardware".



    Before I tell you how horribly wrong you are, let me just say; how many jailbreak tweaks exist on Cydia that REPLICATE features that come with STOCK Android. You never needed a rooted device for custom keyboards. You never needed root access for file explorers. You never needed root to install unsigned apps. The only thing root did was give total control of the OS, such as killing startup apps, manipulating the clock speed on the CPU, and removing system apps. Stock Android is as verbose and flexible as JB iOS. Rooted Android is UNMATCHED in its potential. With root, I doubled the battery life of my phone.

    Using iOS, is like walking around with a leash on...and Steve Job's decrepit, dead hands are STILL on that leash.



    Says the guy who uses a device who only RECENTLY got permission from Crapple to install custom keyboards. Yeah...Android is CLOSED...yeah, right. Keep drinking the iKoolaid.

    Additionally, in today's day and age, if someone doesn't know to go to settings to remove an app, or adjust preferences...and they DON'T try a Google search...they are stupid. I found the FULL Android OS Documentation with a simple Google search. You can even find the Android L (now Android One) documentation in there. It is clear that reliance on iOS makes iSheep stupid.

    Google Magic solves everything.
    Hey hey?? Look who it is? Twittle Dumb

    What I find amusing? Is your choice of a decades old term for a company and how much you use it so religiously. Every other word is crapple, as if you worship it.

    Oh ya and as much as you praise Google? Just remember who your praising Twittle Dumb? Your praising a company that will sell off and give your info away for nothing and have their arms wide open to the government to feed them anything they want to know about you. Praise a company that doesn't even have the word privacy in their own vocabulary.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

    hopethemodworx (2014-09-15)

  23. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Android must be rooted for significant use of its features, as it's quite the closed operating system itself.
    LMFAO!!!! Uh, no. Not compared to iOS.

  24. #60
    Samsung won't get anywhere with their negative bully ads.
    All power to Apple who maintains powerful positive ads.
    No wonder Apple does so well.
    Just like a friend who always has something happy and exciting to tell you when you see them.

    Samsung is only making enemies!

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Selfmadexpert For This Useful Post:

    hopethemodworx (2014-09-15)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •