Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New Samsung Ad Shows How Samsung Really Feels About Apple's New iPhone 6 Plus

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    186
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    I disagree with everyone, back when Samsung first came out with the large screen people on this forum were saying "I don't want a larger screen, the iPhone screen size is perfect" even Steve Jobs was against a larger screen saying how it wasn't a good idea due to use with one hand, yada yada yada. I think Apple realized how well the larger screen phones were doing and jumped the band wagon. Call that innovative if you want but I haven't seen anything new and innovative from Apple (including the Apple Watch) since the iPad.
    Who I do give credit to to is Microsoft (flame me now) for packing a full Intel processor with Windows 8 into the tablet sized package of the Surface Pro 3. That machine is gets my jobs done and more.
    Next Apple will upgrade the iPad to run OSX and it will be innovative and everyone will agree that Apple changed the world again. LOL

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Striknine For This Useful Post:

    ABOSWORTH (2014-09-15)

  3. #22
    Talk like that will get you lynched around here you know.

  4. #23
    Apple has not mocked Sammy on ads for fingerprint sensor right?

  5. #24
    Apple still agrees with the whole smaller screen size and using it with one hand. But there just throwing out a bigger screen to consume anyone who wants one.

  6. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Saw this ad while getting ready for work this morning. I laughed when saw the dj app on that phone. Like all of the dj apps for Android, it sucks. I've heard that the reason why Native Instruments and Rane hasn't made an app for Android is because it has something to do with the rubbish sound drivers Android phones have.

    Anyways, I ordered the 6+ because its the type of phone that I've always wanted. I left Apple for a Note 3 and I am happy to come back to an OS that actually works. This plastic thing that I carry around in my pocket is only good for watching Hulu and shooting videos in 4k. I barely use the stylis and the last thing I want to do is watch a video while I'm reading something. The "smart" stay, pause, and scroll barely works. When it does, its actually annoying because it has trouble identifying your eye. Anyways, Samsung is coming out with nothing new and now that Apple has made a bigger phone, I'm sure the only people that will stay with Android will be the delusional fandroids.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    I disagree with everyone, back when Samsung first came out with the large screen people on this forum were saying "I don't want a larger screen, the iPhone screen size is perfect" even Steve Jobs was against a larger screen saying how it wasn't a good idea due to use with one hand, yada yada yada. I think Apple realized how well the larger screen phones were doing and jumped the band wagon. Call that innovative if you want but I haven't seen anything new and innovative from Apple (including the Apple Watch) since the iPad.
    Who I do give credit to to is Microsoft (flame me now) for packing a full Intel processor with Windows 8 into the tablet sized package of the Surface Pro 3. That machine is gets my jobs done and more.
    Next Apple will upgrade the iPad to run OSX and it will be innovative and everyone will agree that Apple changed the world again. LOL
    The OSX iPad will be called the iPad Plus.

    However, I fully agree that Apple's new strategy for innovation is "jump on the bandwagon". However, they can jump on the bandwagon all they want, the fact is, Apple only gives the customer what they (Apple) thinks the customer needs.

    I see people on here talking about Samsung "wiping their tears" or "it is about the software"...but this is just all denial of the fact that Samsung, the company that Apple and its acolytes, have met with almost complete scorn, is now the leading company in terms of hardware, and Google's Android is outpacing iOS to the point it is about to lap iOS. It is clear that everyone who says Android is a buggy and slow must have little to no experience using any Android OS above 4.0. Personally, I have never had problems with my 4.1.2 Android OS on my GT-N7000...however...that is just personal experience. It is not your guys fault if you have no idea how to use such a liberating, verbose, and flexible OS such as Android. I know total freedom and control of your OS is a SCARY concept...but...the walled garden is looking a little stale. Find your freedom with Android.

    Samsung made the large screen a staple when they pulled the curtain to reveal the GT-N7000 back in 2011. It took Apple, the company that stands on self-proclamations such as revolutionary and innovative, to finally realize what people wanted. Apple spent so much time telling YOU people what it think you should have, that it lost sight of what people actually want, and now they are playing catchup. The same thing happened to Blackberry. RIM (a company people said was too big to fail) thought more about what it thought its customers should have, all while not listening to what customers actually want, and now they are tanking because of it. As nice as the Z10 and Z30 are...they are smart phones minus the smart. I feel Apple has the same fate. Apple will continue to play catchup and it will eventually start to lose serious ground. Apple apologetics will continue to say words like "polished" to justify tardiness.

    Innovation is dead in Cupertino...and Samsung hit a grand slam with this commercial.

    Face it...Samsung/Android is more consumer friendly, Android leads in software innovation/service integration, Samsung is now leading in hardware, and it is only uphill from here for Samsung/Android and downhill for iOS...

  8. #27
    I think these Samsung abs bashing Apple are sad.. They try so hard to make Apple look bad but it just makes Samsung look stupid as people buy more and more iPhones.

  9. #28
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    And here I was thinking that maybe nakedcrook had retired.

    Just in case you haven't noticed, nobody here cares about what you have to say. And out of curiosity, how much does Samsung pay you?

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Samsung is now leading in hardware, and it is only uphill from here for Samsung/Android and downhill for iOS...
    An uphill battle maybe. You read the article about the iPhone breaking sales records right?

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    Silverado1987 (2014-09-15)

  11. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    It is not your guys fault if you have no idea how to use such a liberating, verbose, and flexible OS such as Android.
    You're right, it's not our fault. It's the fault of a company that did such a horrible job creating a third-party operating system that the users have no idea how to use it to its fullest potential. Apple has tons of documentation on their operating system, and has One-to-One classes in stores, and even informational guides to help users learn.

    Android must be rooted for significant use of its features, as it's quite the closed operating system itself.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (2014-09-15), Silverado1987 (2014-09-15), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-15)

  13. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 430 Times in 265 Posts

    The consumer doesn't know what he/she wants..they are told what to want haha! I don't see Samsung detailing how they basically copied the original iPhone and subsequent models there after. The Galaxy S5 has an aluminum body(all other models have been plastic) where did they get that idea? Where else..APPLE. Its funny how the real leaders in any facet always take the highroad. Apple doesn't need to mudsling. Apple will just beat them with great products while they waste money on pointless adds. If you feel that Apple is behind the ball...why didn't you sell 4 million Nexus phones? Just because you did something first doesn't mean it was done correctly. This is not a race..its all about customer satisfaction. When my iPhone 6+ comes in on the 19th, I have a feeling I am going to be one very pleased customer :]

  14. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Face it...Samsung/Android is more consumer friendly, Android leads in software innovation/service integration, Samsung is now leading in hardware, and it is only uphill from here for Samsung/Android and downhill for iOS...
    You failed to mention that an Android phone needs to be rooted in order for it to function correctly. I swear fandroids are more delusional than tea party supporters.

    After jumping through hoops and bricking my phone(also working with a few people from A) I was able to successfully root my phone. Its still buggy as hell, but at least I no longer have Touchwiz.

    Also just want to point out that at least when I jailbreak iOS, I don't have to worry about losing the original functions. I had to find the coding that controlled my camera to tweak it because it was no longer shooting in 4k. Don't have to worry about that on an iPhone.

  15. #32
    So what about last year when Samsung copies Apple with Touch ID? What about last year when Apple put 64 bit Samsung was quick to say they'd be putting that soon too? Didn't Apple invent the first smartphone (I'm not 100% sure of this one but I think it's true) and Samsung copies? Samsung making these commercials makes them seem like a jealous 5 year old.

  16. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles46 View Post
    So what about last year when Samsung copies Apple with Touch ID? What about last year when Apple put 64 bit Samsung was quick to say they'd be putting that soon too? Didn't Apple invent the first smartphone (I'm not 100% sure of this one but I think it's true) and Samsung copies? Samsung making these commercials makes them seem like a jealous 5 year old.

    I've said it before on the forums, the 64bit processor was a punch to the gut for the whole mobile industry. If you don't call that innovation you're blind. Same goes for the touchID sensor. Much better than anything has been to date. That included with Apple pay will be huge for retailers everywhere.

    This commercial has two targets.
    1: For Samsung users who may jump ship to get an iPhone. This commercial is trying to remind them, "hey, we're original. Stick with us".
    2: For android users who are looking for an upgrade but are still on the fence in which to get.

  17. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    i've said it before on the forums, the 64bit processor was a punch to the gut for the whole mobile industry. If you don't call that innovation you're blind. Same goes for the touchid sensor. Much better than anything has been to date. That included with apple pay will be huge for retailers everywhere.

    This commercial has two targets.
    1: For samsung users who may jump ship to get an iphone. This commercial is trying to remind them, "hey, we're original. Stick with us".
    2: For android users who are looking for an upgrade but are still on the fence in which to get.
    bingo

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Apple spent so much time telling YOU people what it think you should have, that it lost sight of what people actually want, and now they are playing catchup. The same thing happened to Blackberry. RIM (a company people said was too big to fail) thought more about what it thought its customers should have, all while not listening to what customers actually want, and now they are tanking because of it.
    The "bandwagon" approach you speak of is common among industries. For example, car companies started "bandwagoning" the designs of the Audi LED headlights and the bumper-style exhausts of the Lexus LS 460.

    Not to mention it wasn't a case of Apple telling consumers anything. Most users at the time, myself included, weren't really into the idea of using a big screen phone. And I'm a long time user of the S3 and S4, and occasionally the S5. Apple, both then and now, were big on being able to comfortably operate the phone with one hand--something that wasn't that great on the S3 and up--and my hands are big enough to palm a basketball.

    As far as everything else, I don't get too into all that "versus" stuff because I'm of the "it's just a phone" crowd. I'm giving the 6 Plus a chance otherwise I'll go with the 6. Having also used two Androids I prefer over any Samsung--the HTC One and Xperia Z2--I'll say that Android OS is for users who essentially want more of the "mobile PC" experience and iOS are for fans of simplicity. Simplicity does not equal inferiority, and the bulk of people who beat their chest about the supposed superiority of Android don't even use the majority of the so-called premium features themselves. Apple's motto has always been a combination of simplicity in usability and sleek design; why the tech crowd continues to think they're in a race with the world over features and max functionality is beyond me. They can throw a 50 MP camera in the S6 for all I care; I have yet to see people arguing on Instagram and Facebook over image and movie quality in the comments. What all that says to me is that outside of the "versus" discussions, the masses really don't find this topic THAT big a deal.
    Last edited by 2Jaze; 2014-09-15 at 06:56 PM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Jaze For This Useful Post:

    novadam (2014-09-15)

  19. #35
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts

    Default New Samsung Ad Shows How Samsung Really Feels About Apple's New iPhone 6 Plus
    Yeah that new S6 is going to be rocking! 10ft long 5ft wide paper thin. Make phone calls by blinking your eyes…and you'll know it's the next best thing that's already here, cause that's what they'll tell Ya…
    Last edited by DieselVexx; 2014-09-15 at 07:49 PM.

  20. #36
    Samsung's new Galaxy Note 4 ad, in summary, tells everyone, 'look who's copying now'

    I think samsung is copy machine.....

  21. #37
    So yeah. Samsungs aluminum body. And their gold galaxy s5. And Touch ID?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

    gotmuscle (2014-09-16)

  23. #38
    phones are superficial


    dont care



    i'll continue to use my phone 1% of everyday of my life, iPhone is perfect and flawless, screw an ugly samsuck

  24. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts

    Samsung are a bunch of sore losers. They make **** phones made of plastic that run ****** android. Get over it Samsuck. You will never beat Apple phones. The jokes on you Samsung,the only reason apple prolly made a phablet phone is to show you that all the people who want larger phones never really had much of a choice when it came to a quality. Now,all the people who left Apple for a larger phone are back because iOS is far superior to FAILdroid and the cheap phones you make. Apple doesn't have to talk *****,they let their actions speak louder than words.

  25. #40
    I just wanna see the 6 plus sales records and the galaxy note 4 records. We'll meet back here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •