View Poll Results: How long must you wait for your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus to ship?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should come to me on release day!

15 50.00%
  • I have to wait 7-10 business days.

9 30.00%
  • I have to wait 2-3 weeks

3 10.00%
  • I have to wait 4 weeks or longer.

3 10.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Many of You Pre-ordered iPhone 6/6 Plus, How Long Do You Have to Wait to Get it? [POLL]

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    Sorry to burst your theory:

Ordered 2 iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB from Apple.com on pre-order day, a full hour after pre-orders started.

Both shipping, delivered on launch day.

Anyone else having the link take them to the wrong page?
    Apple kept all the phones for themselves and gave very few to the carriers, thus proving his theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
    Any verizon wireless customers have the same thing when you check on order status:

"Here is the status of your Pre-Order:

We received your order and it is in process.

Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time."
    yes thats me but I didnt order until 5:30 a EST.
    Last edited by turdsmoka; 2014-09-15 at 01:45 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine from Verizon around 5:15 am and it's been shipped. 64GB iPhone 6 silver.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Many of You Pre-ordered iPhone 6/6 Plus, How Long Do You Have to Wait to Get ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    I ordered mine from Verizon around 5:15 am and it's been shipped. 64GB iPhone 6 silver.
    Verizon store did much better than AT&T. But from what I've read Apple hasn't shipped to them yet either. Many more people are seeing 9/19 ship dates for iPhone 6 from verizon than att. 6+ are scarcer though.

Thanks
    Default Wishful Thinking
    My experience is essentially identical to yours. I got my order to go through at 2:17am Friday morning through ATT (Apple's site would not load so I went through my carrier). I got a confirmation email saying my silver 6 Plus would ship in 14 to 21 days. I got another email from ATT Friday afternoon saying it was 'preparing to ship' but wouldn't ship until MID NOVEMBER!!! Realizing (and hoping) there had to be an error of some sort, I checked that several times over the course of the weekend and saw the date change Sunday morning...now it shows that it will ship between 10-2-14 and 10-13-14. It's still a little while, but more in line with what I was told to expect the night I placed my order. I'll keep checking...who knows, the date may slip forward a bit (wishful thinking)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    Ordered mine 10 mins after pre sale started... went to sleep got an email at 6am saying that My CC info was not correct...

Fixed that issue and order Went through.. called ATT that morning to confirm...

Shipping date then Showed 10/31-11/11 at this point I was Going to just convince myself thats the release date and not the 19th LOL

Well Checked this morning ..

now shows Preparing to Ship and a new date of 10/2 - 10/13

Not sure whats going on but I think that the systems won't show anything near what its going to be till this week.

Though Last year and the years before that ... preparing shipment meant that it arrived on day 1....

Anyone else with ATT have this issue ?

Went to Best Buy on Friday (9/12) at 7pm. Was told the store only took 31 pre-orders. Ordered the iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray. Was told I was #19 on the list #3 of the 64GB Space Gray. I would definitely have this Friday before I get home (approx 6pm).

Thanks

Default Many of You Pre-ordered iPhone 6/6 Plus, How Long Do You Have to Wait to Get ...
    Quote Originally Posted by justreboot View Post
    Went to Best Buy on Friday (9/12) at 7pm. Was told the store only took 31 pre-orders. Ordered the iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray. Was told I was #19 on the list #3 of the 64GB Space Gray. I would definitely have this Friday before I get home (approx 6pm).
    yeah… Everyone should remember the non-carrier stores as well like Walmart, Kohl's, Target, Best Buy, etc. They almost never have lines on launch day and you can pre-order with some of them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm switching from AT&T to Verizon and had a block on soft inquires, so I couldn't get approval from Verizon until late Thursday evening. My time currently shows 10-28 for ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    I ordered a 6+ and get it from AT&T in 21-28 days per my email. I'm thinking about selling it when I get it. Does anyone know if I can just sell it without doing anything to take it off my acct? It was an ATT upgrade. Didn't know if it was tied only to my account or if I could just sell it and then someone could call and have it activated on their line once they get it. Any help / advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    If you don't want it you should cancel the order because it will be tied to your account and can't be unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by cbale33 View Post
    I got the same notice from AT&T. I called and they told me that I was set for a day one delivery. Look for your phone to arrive this Friday.
    Oh I really hope so.. so you were told that by ATT?

Thanks

I am pleasantly surprised so many wanted the bigger of the two offerings. Can't wait for my 6+!. Just think, you won't need the iPad any longer haha!

This whole thing is annoying at best...

Just called Att to see if I could get more info on when this phone arrives...

The pre recorded message states that the Phone is now on backorder?

yet the link in the email states its preparing for shipment with a date of 10/2

yet no where did it say back ordered ... Funny thing is a buddy of mine who ordered at the same time (a few hours later) states his is on back order when he checks through the Website (att)

This is just annoying to know that everything shows a different time and date...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised so many wanted the bigger of the two offerings. Can't wait for my 6+!. Just think, you won't need the iPad any longer haha!
    I can't give up my one-hand operation. Pretty impossible on a 6+. I got a 6. Can't stand phablets. Do y'all know how silly it looks to hold those phablets to your head?!

Thanks

I just had a friend in my office yesterday who had his Galaxy Note 3 with him (most recent.. Note 4 out this fall).. His Note 3 had always been a phone I considered WAAAAY over-sized in my book... and I just happened to have my pdf paper cutouts from Apple on the size of the iPhone6 and 6+.. Well I placed the cut out of the 6 right on top of the Note 3 and DAAAAAMN--- even just he SIX (let alone the 6+) is ALMOST AS LARGE as the Galaxy Note 3. It was like a half inch shorter on the sides and and 1/8 inch shorter on the top.. I was BLOOOWN away.. Even us iPhone 6 people are going to have a MUUCH larger phone than the 5S. I can't even imagine how large the 6plus will feel. So glad I got only the 6.

I am extremely pissed, I ordered my 64GB 6+ from the AT&T site and got in a few minutes early. I had finished up and received a confirmation email at 3:01 am and somehow I am not expected to get it until 10/13-10/22.

I wish I would have known how ATT would take our money knowing they don't have the appropriate amount of phones. How can anyone honestly say they are surprised by the amount of preorders? I'm glad they can all gloat on how much money they are making but can't fess up that they don't have the devices to ship to people who order in the first 5 minutes of preordering!

Sorry for the rant! haha

Thanks

Your right on the money, Epic. Though I doubt you'll be waiting that long. AT&T hasn't even received their shipment from Apple yet.. So they're just showing you 'back order' estimation dates. Watch your email carefully - this happens every year.. Those of you who ordered before 12:01PDT or a little after will 'likely' (no promises) see your ship dates change to 9/19 in the next few days. BUT - there were indeed a SMALLER supply of 6+... Still many others than ordered their 6+ within even the first 30 minutes WILL have to wait for their 6+'s.. Most people who ordered iPhone 6's on Pre-order night should see their delivery dates change to 9/19.

The last time I did a pre-order thru AT&T was iPhone 4.. And my delivery date was 4 weeks after launch day - UNTIL 36 hours before that Friday. The ship date changed to LAUNCH DAY.. It was SUCH a pleasant surprise. It can happen again like that.. And my guess is that it will. Especially for iPhone 6 people.. and for some VERY early risers at AT&T - it will happen too. Keep watching your email and your status at the Online Store. Calling AT&T will do nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by EpicOfSyN View Post
    I am extremely pissed, I ordered my 64GB 6+ from the AT&T site and got in a few minutes early. I had finished up and received a confirmation email at 3:01 am and somehow I am not expected to get it until 10/13-10/22.

I wish I would have known how ATT would take our money knowing they don't have the appropriate amount of phones. How can anyone honestly say they are surprised by the amount of preorders? I'm glad they can all gloat on how much money they are making but can't fess up that they don't have the devices to ship to people who order in the first 5 minutes of preordering!

Sorry for the rant! haha
    rant away!!

I think You have every right to. as well as I'm sure you speak for the rest of us that are dealing with the same thing.

its almost hard to phantom that Each year this pretty much happens.. Wrong shipping Dates.... Delays... websites open at 12 (and some don't even like this year with apple)

People Stay up late... some with work the next morning.. others Even set there alarm clocks... Why? because they are loyal to the apple brand and so on..

yet I find it very hard to believe that after only 5 mins or ordering... the shipping date wouldn't make this weeks friday release..

im not saying I could do this any better.. but what I am saying is that with all the advancements in payment systems and phones and so on... You would think they would find a way to handle this better.

at this point .. People are Stuck waiting to see when these phones will ship.... In the mean time most can not just go out and get another Phone.. as That would defeat the point of pre ordering...Also if you were upgrading like myself.. then its not like you even have the option to go stand in line at ATT or Apple... Cause now your Phone would be out of the Upgrade and cost you MUCH more..

let alone.. the longer We have to wait to see about shipping times.. the longer the actually shipping times became.

Question:
    Is there any difference between an AT&T iPhone and an T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Question:
    Is there any difference between an AT&T iPhone and an T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're factory locked to different carriers. Though they're both GSM phones - at least the AT&T one is 'locked'. You'd have to pay to get the AT&T one UNLOCKED (from an eBay unlock dealer who may or may not be able to get it unlocked immediately) before you could put a TMobile SIM in it. I don't know about the reverse where you'd try to put an AT&T SIM in a TMobile phone..

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    They're factory locked to different carriers. Though they're both GSM phones - at least the AT&T one is 'locked'. You'd have to pay to get the AT&T one UNLOCKED (from an eBay unlock dealer who may or may not be able to get it unlocked immediately) before you could put a TMobile SIM in it. I don't know about the reverse where you'd try to put an AT&T SIM in a TMobile phone..
    If you put an AT&T sim in a T-Mobile iPhone it will say the same thing as the AT&T phone, it will say it's carrier locked to T-Mobile

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MattKemp27 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-15)

I still believe that Apple downplayed the iphone 6 plus availability.....there were rumors a few weeks ago saying the larger iphone wouldn't be ready until 2015......I think Apple didn't want that even though it was true....so apple decided to release both knowing the 6 plus was limited in quantities.

I ordered my 6 plus 2:20AM CST and it said 9/19 delivery but email came 30 min later and dates changed to 10/1 - 10/6 and still says Processing

I ordered my iphone 6 at 6:15 AM CST and delivery said 9/19 and email says 9/19 and it says preparing for shipment.

Both ordered through apple store app. Both 128 gig silver.

Holding out hope my 6 plus gets to me before 10/1. But not holding my breath.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast