View Poll Results: Did you pre-order yourself an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I pre-ordered an iPhone 6 Plus.

42 51.22%
  • Yes, I pre-ordered the iPhone 6.

25 30.49%
  • No, I'm going to wait.

9 10.98%
  • No, I'm not interested in either.

6 7.32%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did You Pre-order an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus On Friday? [POLL]

No thanks. I'm with Steve Jobs on this one. Smaller is better. But of course he was a pragmatic techie like me, wanting his iPhone to be a simple tool rather than a gaming and video machine. Also, he was nearsighted like me, so he had no trouble seeing tiny print close-up.

So this week I bought myself a gold 64GB iPhone 5S on eBay, and got a great deal. Only $550 unlocked. I LOVE IT!! My 4S still works just fine, but I wanted to future-proof myself with 64bit and whatnot. As for automated purchasing, I was pleased to learn the Apple Watch will work fine with my 5S. So I'm all set.

For all you "youngsters" out there wanting a humungo screen, and the oldsters out there needing a humungo screen, knock yourselves out!!

P.S. Stevie and I were born a week apart at the very same hospital. I wish I could have known him. It could have been me instead of Woz. Then again, my name isn't Steve, so I guess it wasn't meant to be. LOL
    Last edited by SpottedBilagaana; 2014-09-14 at 05:40 PM.

What's Jailbreak? eddiegromlingjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Update....... Last night my ship dates said Oct 31st- Nov 11th. This morning they show Oct 13th- Oct 22nd. This is closer to what apple is showing of about 3-4 weeks. I would assume the next few days those dates will change again and have tracking numbers for those who ordered right at 12:01pst.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

1x iPhone 6 64gb space grey CDMA
    1x iPhone 6 64gb gold CDMA
    On Friday!

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

No preorder. Prob gonna wait til years end

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    While I can't completely disagree with this.
    They were the same supposed supply issues last year with the iPhone 5S but AT&T still listed a launch day release for me when I placed my order after 3 AM

I would be shocked if the major carriers like Verizon and AT&T did not have phones that ship for launch day
    Agreed.. They will indeed have some that ship for launch day.. But nowhere near enough for all the pre-orders made.

It was only the Gold that had shortages last year..

There are a bunch of folks that got 9/19 ship dates from AT&T on launch night - for iPhone 6 -- but few. And even less 6+'s were confirmed for 9/19 from AT&T. The 'e-commerce' email that first came from AT&T immediately after order all shower 9/19 - but that document is completely bogus and only acknowledges and order. It's the order processing email that came next that told the story.. and very few AT&T store people have 9/19 delivery dates. BUT as I said in the other email - there have been reports from several management level AT&T people interviewed by MMI forum members (because of friendships) who all have reported that those dates will change as the days go on. Many more will have their date changed to 9/19 once AT&T gets their actual shipment. Still it's the 6+ people that will be the most disappointed.

But keep watching your email. And report to us when your email delivery date changes!!

----------------------------------
    PLEASE FILL OUT THIS POLL FOR US! Would Like to TRACK your SHIPMENT date experiences.

CLICK HERE
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-09-14 at 06:07 PM.

I received my "confirmation" email from att at 3:04AM EST and it said delivery Oct 14-18

Now is says pending confirmation! Anyone else's say this now?
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    I received my "confirmation" email from att at 3:04AM EST and it said delivery Oct 14-18

Now is says pending confirmation! Anyone else's say this now?
    AT&T store? If so -- it's all nonsense right now. They don't have shipment from Apple yet.. Insider AT&T employees have reported to forum member friends here on MMi that the system is just putting out gibberish right now. Don't worry..... yet...

Well that's good news! Thanks
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Quote Originally Posted by SpottedBilagaana View Post
    No thanks. I'm with Steve Jobs on this one. Smaller is better. But of course he was a pragmatic techie like me, wanting his iPhone to be a simple tool rather than a gaming and video machine. Also, he was nearsighted like me, so he had no trouble seeing tiny print close-up.
    Well I could use the bigger screen to make it easier for me to see because my vision is not as good as it was when I was young. I am sure there are more than a few reasons why the 6 is pleasing to people, so keep that in mind while you are patting yourself on the back.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mossdef's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone 6 plus silver 16 go

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    Well I could use the bigger screen to make it easier for me to see because my vision is not as good as it was when I was young. I am sure there are more than a few reasons why the 6 is pleasing to people, so keep that in mind while you are patting yourself on the back.
    +1 here. Ya my vision isn't getting better either and having to sport bi-focals now LOL One of my reasons for choosing the 6+

Default Did You Pre-order an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus On Friday? [POLL]
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    +1 here. Ya my vision isn't getting better either and having to sport bi-focals now LOL One of my reasons for choosing the 6+
    Well, I'm 49 so I'm with you

I have small hands but I am hoping the transition won't be so bad to the larger but really sweet display

If Apple had made the iPhone 6 400ppi I would have got the 4.7"
    Last edited by nealh; 2014-09-14 at 07:39 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nealh For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-14)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Just got 1 of 2 phone 6+ cases in from Amazon

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Did You Pre-order an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus On Friday? [POLL]
    Me too!!! Awesome; I have the same one!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-14)

Which case is that? I got spigen clear capsule. Went inexpensive. I wanted something for launch day. I prefer an Apple- like bumper
    I hope I-blason makes one

Thanks

Which case is that? I got spigen clear capsule. Went inexpensive. I wanted something for launch day. I prefer an Apple- like bumper
    I hope I-blason makes one
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH8398Q/..._E2Gfub1HVPSQR

I almost got that one too. I chose the one that is all TPU, I am hoping it provides a little more grip so to speak over the smoother polycarbonate.

How do you like the feel?

I really prefer the "true bumper" with just an invisible shield with total coverage. I like the "lip" on the bumper to the "bare back" helps me handle the phone better/

I have dropped my 5S and the bumpers seem to do fine. The drops are close to the ground in lost all cases.

I ode red two first order I placed around3 est coming on Oct 2 to 13 and 2nd order I paced after few mins was first coming on 13 cot but now it changes to same 2 to 13oct. Happy to see that it's coming early

Thanks

I almost got that one too. I chose the one that is all TPU, I am hoping it provides a little more grip so to speak over the smoother polycarbonate.

How do you like the feel?

I really prefer the "true bumper" with just an invisible shield with total coverage. I like the "lip" on the bumper to the "bare back" helps me handle the phone better/

I have dropped my 5S and the bumpers seem to do fine. The drops are close to the ground in lost all cases.
    I think it feels good! It has grip on the sides while the back is smooth. I know what you're talkin about but I think this feels like the regular bumper on the edges.

As I posted earlier, I finally was able to order my iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB on Sept 12 @ 12:45am. The 45min delay was due to AT&T website kept crashing from 12:01 to 12:44am. Needless to say, I ordered the phone I received the AT&T confirmation email 2 secs later, stating that my new iPhone will be delivered by Sept 19. So yesterday I looked at my order status and to my surprise my order and delivery date had changed. First it said that I had ordered the phone on Sept 13 and now my delivery date was changed to Oct 13-31st. I was not happy. I called AT&T to get some clarification on my order. The first AT&T rep informed me that I had "actually" ordered my phone on Sept 13 @ 10:58pm and my new phone will be delivered on Oct 13. I informed her that I had ACTUALLY order the phone at 12:45am on Sept 12 and I had an email from AT&T stating that fact. She was confused, transferred me to another department. The next rep asks me the same question as the first rep, but she has more answers. She informed me that almost every order after 12:15am was back ordered. That my ordered was back ordered and then released on Sept 13 @ 10:58pm. The new posted delivery date is worst case scenario and that most of those orders will be filled before the posted date. I hope this helps someone else in a similar situation.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast