View Poll Results: Did you pre-order yourself an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I pre-ordered an iPhone 6 Plus.

42 51.22%
  • Yes, I pre-ordered the iPhone 6.

25 30.49%
  • No, I'm going to wait.

9 10.98%
  • No, I'm not interested in either.

6 7.32%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did You Pre-order an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus On Friday? [POLL]

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I ordered a Space Gray 16GB iPhone 6 Plus from AT&T. I'm supposed to see it get shipped by October 13-22.

16GB seems like such a small storage amount, but I should be fine with it since I only have 5GB used on my iPhone 5 (my daily user).
    The shipping dates for AT&T are incorrect. I had mine pre ordered the second it was available by the district manager in my area. He informed me that the dates are incorrect. They over shot the dates, I guess just to be safe, in case something happens and shipping gets pushed back.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default Did You Pre-order an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus On Friday? [POLL]
    Quote Originally Posted by killakill View Post
    The shipping dates for AT&T are incorrect. I had mine pre ordered the second it was available by the district manager in my area. He informed me that the dates are incorrect. They over shot the dates, I guess just to be safe, in case something happens and shipping gets pushed back.
    Exactly right! Because they don't actually have their shipments from Apple in their warehouse yet the only thing AT&T & Verizon could send out to us was a backorder date so as not to get our expectations too high. I have a feeling in the next five days hundreds of people who ordered from AT&T and Verizon on preorder night are going to see their delivery dates change to the 19th. .. No promises… But IF it happens, you heard it here first… ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes. I mentioned this a few posts back or in one of the other 10 to 12!! frickin' threads on this topic…

AT&T and Verizon likely do not actually have their shipments from Apple in the warehouse yet. That's why everyone's showing October and beyond delivery dates. When the iPhone 5 came out there were similar shortages. My guess is that many of you will see your shipping dates get much closer to or ON launch day after the actual shipments are received at AT&T and Verizon from Apple.

Not promising.. I've just seen it before in other years. With nothing in the warehouse they have to give you a backorder date so you don't have expectations too high.
    The district manager of many of the AT&T stores in my area is a friend of mine. He pre ordered a 128gb 6+ plus for me, as well as 3 64gb regular 6's. I saw the shipping dates in my email and asked him about it because mine said october. He informed me that the dates are incorrect. He said that they "over shoot" the shipping dates in case something happens with shipping. He let me know there should be NO problem with me receiving my phones on the 19th.

I'm just happy when I can help bring some good news to people.

Not interested. I love my iPhone 4S. I downgraded to it from a iPhone 5. They're making it thinner than the 5/5s? I see them all bending. My son's iP5 is really bent and my wife's iPhone 5s bent slightly. It at the point that if my son doesn't keep it on his otterbox case, the sim card tray gets pushed out cause that's where its' bending from.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyVee73 View Post
    Not interested. I love my iPhone 4S. I downgraded to it from a iPhone 5. They're making it thinner than the 5/5s? I see them all bending. My son's iP5 is really bent and my wife's iPhone 5s bent slightly. It at the point that if my son doesn't keep it on his otterbox case, the sim card tray gets pushed out cause that's where its' bending from.
    Dear lord???? What are they doing to them?? Sitting on them all the time or throwing them lmao? Never had a issue or anyone else having issues with bent iPhone 5/5S's

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-09-13), Zokunei (2014-09-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Dear lord???? What are they doing to them?? Sitting on them all the time or throwing them lmao? Never had a issue or anyone else having issues with bent iPhone 5/5S's
    I'm not the only one:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...t%20iphone%205

We use charger cases on them and if you're using the phone while it's charging, it gets really hot. Hopefully the new construction og the 6 and 6+ makes it a stronger.

I will NOT purchase an iPhone 6/6+ until the jailbreak for iOS 8 is available. When that day comes, I'll buy the 6. Until then, I'll stick with my HAPPILY JAILBROKEN iPhone 5s 64GB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised and think it's so weird how so many people here are getting the Plus, I'm just confused. Going from Apple's nitch of belief that it needs to stay small, and every Apple fan here understood that, then they release two bigger phones and the majority seems to be going for that ginormous one? It's just so odd to me. That thing is just huge lol, like stupid big. I made that print out of the sizes and just, yeaaaaaah....
    I agree it's big but the display will be sweet and so sharp it's why I went for 6+. I will get used to the size. It's tall.
    I'm looking forward to the greater width, I wanted apple to make the phones a bit wider

I will miss one handed use though.

I must admit I'm keep debating if I should get a iPhone 6 as a backup in case
    Last edited by nealh; 2014-09-13 at 07:38 PM.

I'm honestly surprised and think it's so weird how so many people here are getting the Plus, I'm just confused. Going from Apple's nitch of belief that it needs to stay small, and every Apple fan here understood that, then they release two bigger phones and the majority seems to be going for that ginormous one? It's just so odd to me. That thing is just huge lol, like stupid big. I made that print out of the sizes and just, yeaaaaaah....
    Just because Apple wanted to stay small doesn't meant that their customer didn't want a larger phone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyVee73 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-09-13)

Yes. I mentioned this a few posts back or in one of the other 10 to 12!! frickin' threads on this topic…

AT&T and Verizon likely do not actually have their shipments from Apple in the warehouse yet. That's why everyone's showing October and beyond delivery dates. When the iPhone 5 came out there were similar shortages. My guess is that many of you will see your shipping dates get much closer to or ON launch day after the actual shipments are received at AT&T and Verizon from Apple.

Not promising.. I've just seen it before in other years. With nothing in the warehouse they have to give you a backorder date so you don't have expectations too high.
    Thanks. I saw your comment before. I guess I'm just trying to talk myself (and others) down off the ledge.

Has anyone been in an Apple or Best Buy store and seen these on display?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

I'm not the only one:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...t%20iphone%205

We use charger cases on them and if you're using the phone while it's charging, it gets really hot. Hopefully the new construction og the 6 and 6+ makes it a stronger.
    Awww I see! We'll that a uncharted territory for me, sorry, my bad! Never have use a charging case or have seen anyone use one before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    Thanks. I saw your comment before. I guess I'm just trying to talk myself (and others) down off the ledge.

Has anyone been in an Apple or Best Buy store and seen these on display?
    They don't have them on display till the 19th. That's what the Apple store told me when I stopped on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    I agree it's big but the display will be sweet and so sharp it's why I went for 6+. I will get used to the size. It's tall.
    I'm looking forward to the greater width, I wanted apple to make the phones a bit wider

I will miss one handed use though.

I must admit I'm keep debating if I should get a iPhone 6 as a backup in case
    I was so bummed when they didn't up the ppi count on the 4.7", because I too was hoping for that sharper display. Same with the Optical Image Stabilization, that's another somewhat big deal to me as well. But the inconvenience of mobility in itself is enough for me to not consider the Plus. In & out of my pocket, getting in awkward positions for that perfect picture shot, putting that giant thing up to my face in public (lol), etc etc - I just couldn't do it. The mobility aspect is just seriously hindered with such a large phone, IMO. Now for the people that use bluetooth headsets, and carry their phones around in a bag/purse (hi ladies) - I can see it, which is what I see with Note users. Hoping the 4.7" is the perfect middle ground, and that they won't scrimp the 4.7" on features come the 6S & beyond, up that pixel count and give it that optical stabilization!

Does anybody know if the Apple/carrier stores have them on display already? Or are they not displayed until day of release? I already have me an the ladies pre-ordered, but would be nice to check 'em out in advance.

Just because Apple wanted to stay small doesn't meant that their customer didn't want a larger phone.
    They did make a larger phone, and a largerer phone lol. Like a direct compete with the GS/Note series'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killakill View Post
    I saw the shipping dates in my email and asked him about it because mine said october. He informed me that the dates are incorrect. He said that they "over shoot" the shipping dates in case something happens with shipping. He let me know there should be NO problem with me receiving my phones on the 19th.
    Is there an echo in here? … That's basically what I just said… But, indeed good news…

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-09-13)

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetjoey View Post
    I will NOT purchase an iPhone 6/6+ until the jailbreak for iOS 8 is available. When that day comes, I'll buy the 6. Until then, I'll stick with my HAPPILY JAILBROKEN iPhone 5s 64GB!!!
    I know how you feel! I've had years where I wouldn't buy an Apple product until a jailbreak was released. I think all of us here at MMi weigh that factor every time we buy something Apple.

Thanks

For the 5 and 5S I certainly waited for the Jailbreak to be being released within a week. So in December for 5S and later January for 5. To me there wasn't enough changed between 4S to be worth it STOCK.. But iOS8 is a game changer than made me stay up until 3am EDT the other night to pre-order my 6. Though I still need 'theming' of the icons like the next guy and love my widgets, to me, a stock iPhone was completely worthless without the equivalent of biteSMS which is a must-have for so many of is. iOS8 now has that - with Quick Reply and Quick Compose being the most important features. There are several other things in iOS8 that replace jailbreak tweaks we have now that are great - but they're not coming to mind now... But that larger screen and the biteSMS functionality made me go for it on Pre-Order night this time.

I guess it's sorta good that Apple is listening, albeit just a little, to the jailbreak community.

I was so bummed when they didn't up the ppi count on the 4.7", because I too was hoping for that sharper display. Same with the Optical Image Stabilization, that's another somewhat big deal to me as well. But the inconvenience of mobility in itself is enough for me to not consider the Plus. In & out of my pocket, getting in awkward positions for that perfect picture shot, putting that giant thing up to my face in public (lol), etc etc - I just couldn't do it. The mobility aspect is just seriously hindered with such a large phone, IMO. Now for the people that use bluetooth headsets, and carry their phones around in a bag/purse (hi ladies) - I can see it, which is what I see with Note users. Hoping the 4.7" is the perfect middle ground, and that they won't scrimp the 4.7" on features come the 6S & beyond, up that pixel count and give it that optical image stabilization .
    All excellent points. I agree with them.

I made a cutout and put on cardboard , then in my pockets seem to fit well the 6+

Weird! I know that some cases can actually damage the iPhone more than it protects it. Plastic will warp (as anyone that has ever left a CD in direct sunlight knows), and soft rubber cases can get one granule of sand in there and leave all kinds of scratch marks as it shifts around.

An Otterbox was not designed to slough off heat. Plastic is one of the worst insulators, so if you have a hot phone in there the heat will build up and warp the plastic.

I stopped using cases and just got used to good habits and now I've kept my iDevices in mint condition for the last several years.

There are several other things in iOS8 that replace jailbreak tweaks we have now that are great - but they're not coming to mind now... But that larger screen and the biteSMS functionality made me go for it on Pre-Order night this time.
    I don't want to throw this thread off-topic or anything, but I haven't been paying much attention to iOS 8 lately. What are these nice new features that are coming to it that make it better than before?
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2014-09-13 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

I stopped using cases and just got used to good habits and now I've kept my iDevices in mint condition for the last several years.
    I like the feel of a naked iPhone too.. But I'm not stupid enough to think that it could NEVER fall. So I use a thin little bumper case.. AND make sure that I have Zagg Invisishield™ HD on just the front of my phone (back of phone is naked). My phones are always in MINT condition when I sell on eBay, give to a family member or trade in.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-13), chevymusclecar (2014-09-13)

#NakedFamily right here as well

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-14), chevymusclecar (2014-09-13), NewD (2014-09-13)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast