Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shipping Estimates for Pre-ordering iPhone 6 Slipping to 7-10 Business Days

Default Shipping Estimates for Pre-ordering iPhone 6 Slipping to 7-10 Business Days

Not too long after the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus went up for pre-order early Friday morning, the iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipping estimates slipped to 3-4 weeks. The basic iPhone 6, on the other hand, was continuing to show a steady shipment date of September 19th, which also just so happens to be the official release date for the handset. Both Apple and AT&T reported record iPhone sales during the first night of pre-orders.

The basic iPhone 6 is now beginning to show signs of low supply. Apple's Web site is now beginning to show a 7-10 business day wait for several iPhone 6 configurations to ship. Some configurations of the device, such as 16GB and 64GB Space Gray models, are available to ship as soon as September 19th, while the 128GB Space Gray model is showing a 7-10 business day delay.

The Space Gray and Silver colors are proving quite popular for both the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. The 128GB option is also proving to be one of the most popular. The smaller storage configurations don't appear to be as popular as the larger storage configurations, which makes sense since most people want to be able to fit all of their photos and media on their device, which is getting harder to do with the storage-starved 16GB model. Apple also skipped the 32GB configuration and went right to 64GB after 16GB with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus release, meaning fewer options for customers.

If you're wanting to get your hands on either an iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6 Plus, we recommend you get your pre-order in before shipping times slip so far that waiting on a new device to come in the mail will feel unfathomable. You can make your pre-order from Apple's Web site, as well as from your cellular carrier's Web site.

Sources: Apple

"we recommend you get your pre-order in before shipping times slip so far that waiting on a new device to come in the mail will feel unfathomable."

I am looking at Nov 9 - 27th on a 64 6+. That's looking a bit unfathomable to me.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peakay View Post
    "we recommend you get your pre-order in before shipping times slip so far that waiting on a new device to come in the mail will feel unfathomable."

I am looking at Nov 9 - 27th on a 64 6+. That's looking a bit unfathomable to me.
    By that time you could wait a day or two and get it on Black Friday special!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by peakay View Post

Wow!

I ordered mine last night and I have to wait until October 13-22.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Somebody please explain to me why you'd wait that long instead of just going to the store on Friday and purchasing one. Am I the only one who thinks the stores will have them???

Oh and PS, how many of you guys have Jailbroken idevices and are choosing to upgrade before a jailbreak is released and what are your thoughts on that?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
    Somebody please explain to me why you'd wait that long instead of just going to the store on Friday and purchasing one. Am I the only one who thinks the stores will have them???

Oh and PS, how many of you guys have Jailbroken idevices and are choosing to upgrade before a jailbreak is released and what are your thoughts on that?
    Because I got tired of wait every time one iPhone is released in line for hours, maybe the whole night and later they tell me when they open the store that they have limited inventory 16 iPhones for 200 people in line. So I prefer to wait a little and let it come to me.

I almost never have that kind of luck...

Jailbreaking used to be a big deal as the iPhone was short on features just about every other smartphone came with standard. Starting with iOS 7 and continuing through iOS 8, most of these features are now included as they always should have been and the list of missing things is short.

With that being said, the few tweaks I use, I can live without to avoid the instability and compatability problems with some tweaks as well as the extra steps required to restore in the event of problems. For the most part the only people who still care at all about a jailbreak are the people who don't want to pay developers for software and the ones that want to jailbreak just because it is their device and Apple shouldn't be able to control what they can do with their property.

If I want to play with system files and themes so badly, there are plenty of smartphone manufacturers that can accommodate me. I stick with Apple because of the boring reliability and having the peace of mind of knowing that my device will almost always function without issue.

"Somebody please explain to me why you'd wait that long instead of just going to the store on Friday and purchasing one. Am I the only one who thinks the stores will have them??? "

You obviously have never waited in line in release day. They have a small amount and they will most likely be 32g blacks only. That's the game Apple plays to bring up Christmas sales. 2 months is a rather long time, even through AT&T, but the pre-orders are fulfilled before the stores are restocked after release day.

I also think the dates are a bit of hype to get sales up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Roger1079 - I'm jailbroken because I rely on a few tweaks (which I paid for) like MyWi which allows me to tether my verizon grandfathered unlimited data. Hotspot is not included with that plan and verizon wants to charge me 30 bucks a month extra to use my own data that I already pay for....there are a few others but that's the primary one.

Peakay - I bought my iPhone 5 16Gb on launch day, in an apple store at a mall in Orlando, Fl (tourist capital of the world, only 2nd to Las Vegas). It was about 3:30pm, I walked into the store and walked out with my iPhone not more than 10 minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by roger1079 View Post
    For the most part the only people who still care at all about a jailbreak are the people who don't want to pay developers for software and the ones that want to jailbreak just because it is their device and Apple shouldn't be able to control what they can do with their property.
    Well now, that's not entirely true. I use of number of paid tweaks, daily, that I'd be annoyed if I had to live without them.

-BiteSMS
    -IntellScreen X
    -Mail Enhancer Pro
    -JellyLock 7
    -AltKeyboard 2
    -Apex 2
    -Auxo 2
    -CCToggles
    -f.lux
    -Nitrous
    -RecordMyScreen
    -TypeStatus