Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Confirms Demand for New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus is Higher Than Any in the Past

  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,734
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

    One of my post from another thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I'm happy! ATT system let me in early and ordered my iPhone 6 Plus. Confirmation email was sent at 11:49pm PST and my delivery date is still 10/02/2014 to 10/13/2014. But as NewdestinyX has said, let the system catch up and reorganize and those date may/can change to earlier dates


  2. #22
    Don't they say that every year?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    Really? And where did you get that stats from?
    Wow, the droid rage is runnign high in this one!

    Unlike some companies that liek to misdirect with shipments rather than sales, like Samsung, or others who don't publish numbers at all and just claim it's the best ever, like Amazon, Apple has always published their actual sales numbers, so it would be a bad move on their part to say they sold more than ever, only to report less later.

    And since they also include sales in their SEC filings that are audited by an independent accounting firm, it's not likely that they are simply lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    If people wanted a big phone they already own a Galaxy Note 1/2/3/4 so the phablet market is already done.
    Woah, better let Samsung and all the other manufacturers know that they have 100% saturated the market of large phones, and nobody will ever need to buy a new phone ever again!

    Quote Originally Posted by jery911 View Post
    Don't they say that every year?
    If they actually do increase sales every year, then what's your point??

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    I'm really bummed. Got online at 12:00AM and was finally able to get my Silver iP6+ 128GB preordered at about 1:30AM. By then shipping slipped to Oct 1st-6th. So much for getting it on release day. What are the chances that shipping times improve? I know its happened in the past.

    It's happened in the past years because most ppl like your self didn't like the long wait from ordering online so what some would do is go out and risk a walk into the apple store and see if they could get one there and if they would, then they would call and cancel there online pre-order. There for making more phones available sooner then expected which is what lowered the shipping time for some ppl in the past and speed up shipping.

  5. #25
    Ordered my 6 Plus early this morning through AT&T and it's saying 3-4 weeks. So the demand is definitely high.

  6. #26
    Default Apple Confirms Demand for New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus is Higher Than Any in the Past
    From what I understand apple were anticipating selling more 4'7 than 5'5 and therefore made more 4'7 and that's why stocks are running out

  7. #27
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ashasg03 View Post
    From what I understand apple were anticipating selling more 4'7 than 5'5 and therefore made more 4'7 and that's why stocks are running out
    Yep. Exactly the case. Or shall we say - Apple was 'hoping' that more would want 4.7... . Part of Steve Cook HATES the idea that the public wants these 'phablets'. My guess is that he thinks they look ridiculous (like many of us) and was believing that the Apple base would just want a 'smaller jump' in size.. Guess he was wrong... But also the rumor sites have been saying for 2 months that there were parts supply issues with the 5.5. The rumor sites are rarely wrong on this stuff.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    Sage I (2014-09-22)

  9. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone kevin.e.white's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 129 Times in 104 Posts

    I'm in the uk and pre-orders opened at 8:01 this morning and I was straight on EEs website. At 14:00 this afternoon I gave up, the websites server could not keep up with traffic . So I went to another phone supplier and got a nice big IP6+. Hopefully this time next week👉📲

  10. #29
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Great Falls Montana
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 51 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    Really? And where did you get that stats from?
    I've spoken to lots of people and nobody here is getting one. I've read lots of comments on a lot of forums and nobody is interested in the iPhone anymore.
    I think the 6plus will be just like the 5C. A flop from the start. If people wanted a big phone they already own a Galaxy Note 1/2/3/4 so the phablet market is already done. Anyone that went from iPhone to Android wont go back to iPhone.
    I invite you to read this. https://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/840300-flood-samsung-smartphone-trade-requests-surface-after-iphone-6-unveiling.html

  11. #30
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts

    Default Apple Confirms Demand for New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus is Higher Than Any in the Past
    Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    Really? And where did you get that stats from?
    I've spoken to lots of people and nobody here is getting one. I've read lots of comments on a lot of forums and nobody is interested in the iPhone anymore.
    I think the 6plus will be just like the 5C. A flop from the start. If people wanted a big phone they already own a Galaxy Note 1/2/3/4 so the phablet market is already done. Anyone that went from iPhone to Android wont go back to iPhone.
    It appears...The people have spoken...Lol man.

    Thank u for posting your hilarious comment though. It was really actually quite interesting watching the people of this forum post comment after comment stating that they are not only interested, but have already pre-ordered their iphone 6s. Which in turn made you not only look like even more of an idiot, but created a kind of democratic movement/response, showing with absolute certainty that people do care about and want the iphone6(+)...and above all...that your wrong!

    And so again, I say...The people have spoken.

    Apparently, the next big thing...WASN'T already here...
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 2014-09-13 at 01:53 AM.
    El Zurdo

  12. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    Really? And where did you get that stats from?
    I've spoken to lots of people and nobody here is getting one. I've read lots of comments on a lot of forums and nobody is interested in the iPhone anymore.
    I think the 6plus will be just like the 5C. A flop from the start. If people wanted a big phone they already own a Galaxy Note 1/2/3/4 so the phablet market is already done. Anyone that went from iPhone to Android wont go back to iPhone.
    Funny.. Everyone I know want's to get the 6+ and it appears that most people who comment on Modmyi do as well so I seriously doubt it will be a flop. No, they wouldn't get the Galaxy Note because they want an iPhone. And I know people who went from Apple to Android and are going back to Apple so that comment is false as well.

  13. #32
    Android fans are worried, and for good reason. The reason most people everyone I know that switched from Apple to Android did so because of the bigger screens that Android offered.

    Copying Android/Samsung hardware doesn't worry us, its rather flattering that Apple admits it was wrong and ignored its customers.

    Now the only real reason I can see to switch to Android is expandable storage and battery swapping, and those are hardly a problem. A vendor that doesn't change its connections every few years, an OS that isn't locked tighter then fort knox because Apple doesn't want its users making better apps then what are provided on their locked down store, choices to customize my theme so it doesn't look like every single isheeps hardware out there

    Expandable storage is quickly becoming a thing of the past when you can simply upload all your photos to Instagram or Imgur or Dropbox, or listen to all your music via a cloud service or Spotify. Cloud computing is very quickly ending our reliance on massive cell phone storage. Not bloody likely anytime in the next several decades, if you value being able to access your data at any given second and hoping your cell or inet provider carrier doesn't fail you.

    No one listens to music through the cloud all day unless you have an endless supply of bandwidth and do not tell me current packages will suffice, the simple fact that Apple chooses to outright ignore an industry standard of expanding storage (not to mention their connectors) is mind blowing

    Extra batteries still cost money (about 2-5 dollars on ebay, shipping is usually free), and battery power on the iPhone can be expanded with all kinds of chargers, some built right into a case if you're planning on extended trips away from an outlet Don't know about you but most Apple users whine, ***** and complain about the bulk of cases on phones, but when your battery bites the dust you are SOL! while Android users continue about their day with a fresh new battery. The fact is that power will ALWAYS be a problem for mobile devices Absolutely and the difference is the manufacturers that do what they can to make sure the end user has options to work with. Every user has to more or less worry about it at some point during the day.

    Working on pre-ordering an iPhone 6, 16gb through the Sprint website at the moment.

  14. #33
    i just wait for it to get fully ready in the market instead of pre-ordering it now. i stopped using iPhone since the iPhone 5-5s because of the small display. i haven't used an iPhone since i had the iPhone 4s three years ago, i guess. this is a big change for me and finally i am able to get a hold of a larger and better display for my taste.

  15. #34
    Android fans are mad.
    Comparing the iPhone 6 Plus to the 5c? You have must have issues. Is that why even AT&T released a statement stating they broke records in pre-orders also?

  16. #35
    Hum can't say nobody i jus ordered my 6plus

  17. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Uh...

    The information was obtained from both AT&T and Apple, as noted in the article.

    Two very reliable sources can't both be wrong as you suggest in your logic.
    Really Anthony?? Don't waste ur time with this dude plz lol... iPhone alone sales more than all android together lol ain't that funny. And before some of u android dudes say something I have LG g2, just got LG g3 and galaxy s5 lol but always go to what's best Iphone. Sorry g2,g3 and s5 but my everyday use phone will be iPhone 6+ 128GBs....
    Wait 128GBs!!!!!??? Damn apple u did it again.
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

  18. #37
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    I think the 6plus will be just like the 5C. A flop from the start.
    I just gotta add in that I'm curious as to what you mean by "flop." As of May 2014 (that would be 9 months after its release) the iPhone 5c was the 5th best selling phone in the world. https://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/838869-apple-s-iphone-5s-takes-number-1-spot-world-s-best-selling-phone.html That's the best "flop" I've seen in my life, but perhaps I don't quite have the years and experience you do in these areas.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    NewD (2014-09-13)

  20. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Matatoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 44 Times in 34 Posts

    Why are android fans here anyway? "MODMYIPHONE" not MODMYANDROID LOL. Guess they are all worry or have nothing to talk about :-)
    Guess nobody talking about note 4
    Or whatever else they announce lol
    iPhone for life!

    Guys with so many people ordering at same time... They tend to get more orders than what they have. Like there so many orders that don't go thorough and they can't really calculate shipment til after next day and everything sore out. They don't wanna give u a 9/19 ship date and they don't have none to ship! So don't worry cause u will get before those dates!
    Last edited by Matatoto; 2014-09-14 at 06:21 PM.

  21. #39
    I think it was clear the release of a larger screen iPhone was going to bring back a lot of people who moved to android for the larger screens.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to yatezy For This Useful Post:

    Sage I (2014-09-22)

  23. #40
    What's J*******k? Sage I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawai'i Island
    Posts
    629
    Thanks
    836
    Thanked 169 Times in 122 Posts

    So many people have told me to jump ship from iPhones and get a Samsung device, mainly because of screen size... Glad I've not given up and waited it out... I first thought that the Galaxy Note was way too big, didn't think I would ever want anything that size... I preordered 2 6 plus though and now I'm patiently awaiting the drastic jump in screen size... I have asked numerous friends who left iPhones a few years back how they like their devices now and this is what I hear "I like the screen size of my S5 or Note 3 but I miss my iPhone."

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But also the rumor sites have been saying for 2 months that there were parts supply issues with the 5.5. The rumor sites are rarely wrong on this stuff.
    Exactly what you said... I've read for the past 4 or 5 months here and on the web that there was gonna be delays with the 6 plus due to supply issues... It was seeming like they weren't gonna even have any 6 plus on launch day and that they wouldn't be shipping till November or later... So I'm actually surprised that I'll be getting mine mid October, I was expecting to wait much longer...
    Last edited by Sage I; 2014-09-22 at 07:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •