Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pre-ordering An iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus Friday Morning Was a Nightmare

Default Pre-ordering An iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus Friday Morning Was a Nightmare

If you're like us, and you stayed up late last night to pre-order your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, then you were in for the usual heavy traffic slamming the Web sites as people around the country were trying to order their device(s) at once. This is nothing new to the Apple world – every time a new iPhone is released, demand is so high that supply can hardly keep up.

Apple's Web Site went down just before the pre-order period began, and although Apple promised pre-orders would begin at 12:01 A.M. PDT time, many weren't even able to get the Web site to load properly until 40 minutes later due to all of the traffic, and by then, many pre-orders had already been placed.

Those trying to upgrade from their existing iPhones could also order through their carrier's Web site. It seemed that Verizon's Web site was holding up the best with all of the traffic, while competing carrier AT&T's Web site just barely holding on with all the stress. Last night for a good hour, I sat and waited on AT&T's Web site for it to load, and it wasn't until after 3:49 A.M. EST that the traffic died down enough for me to actually place an order without errors.

Did you have luck last night trying to pre-order your new iPhone?
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-12 at 05:37 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-09-13)

Was an absolute nightmare last night. Now I am stuck with an estimated ship timeframe of 21-28 days through att. Very annoyed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I went on AT&T about 5 mins early just to check it all out and I was able to order! I got a 6+ and a 6. But this morning I saw that I got charged for 3 6+'s!!! Wtf?

I was able to preorder but i decided to wait and do it in store lol. Got my 6+ 128gb.
    http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

It took me about 30 minutes to get mine finally to go through. I wouldn't exactly say a nightmare. At least for me. Then 20 minutes later I needed a case which I got from apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lucky Verizon customer here. As soon as realized Apple site was dithering, I hopped onto Verizon and got order through right away. Confirmation email says being shipped on 17th Sept.

Thanks

Mine was ordered..can't wait..come on 19th woohoo!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

I got in at AT&T's online store at two minutes before midnight PDT. And it went what right through. But but because I used an AT&T gift card without enough money on it in the equation I have to call them this morning to give them the rest of the money. So I may lose my place in line there. On shipping. So this morning I also ordered from Apple store - order went immediately through for a promise delivery of 9/19. So I we'll see which one gets me a ship date I like in the confirmation emails in the next few days, as we all know they keep changing the ship date over the next 24 to 48 hours. Watch your email. You may get it sooner than you think.

I wanted to also use an upgrade on my line and when I finally got onto apples website, it wouldn't allow me to use that upgrade. I was forced to use att next.

Anyway around that?

Pre-ordered mine through my carrier... iPhone 6+ 64GB Space Gray. Can't wait

Apple website was smooth as glass around 7 AM EDT. Got 2 iPhone 6 [64gb] ordered without any issues, and a delivery of 9/19/14.
    AT&T website (my first attempt to order) was crap. It kept trying to change my data plan and price.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to peacedog For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-09-13)

I had my laptop, iPad and iPhone all cranking away. Was not able to get through to store on laptop at all. Ended up ordering thorugh AT&T. My son's 64gb 6 will be here the 18th. My 128gb 6+ will take 3-4 weeks. Oh well. Finally got the sore app to load on my iPhone, but by then all that were left were the silver.

I know this is a once-a-year thing, but they need to come up with a solution. As a customer in CST time zone I had to get up at 1:45am and wasn't able to go to bed until after 3:00am. It's just a lousy way to do things.

Started at 3:01 but didn't get it placed until 5:08. Got the 6 plus gold 128gb. Wanted silver but kept on saying it was unavailable.

Went threw att site and got it done in about 30 minutes last nite after the site went live. Didnt get my confirmation email for about 2 to 3 hours later saying 21- 28 days so then i log in to check my order and now its Expected Ship Date: 10/31/2014 To 11/11/2014. What good does it do to stay up and play the game with ordering if the systems can't handle the load then puts you at the end of the line when they do decide to work. I guess i need to cancel the order and try my luck at the store next friday. what a pain in the butt!!!

Woke up at 3am, used apple store app on my phone. Ordered 3 of the 5.5 64gb. Was back to sleep in 10min. Feel great!

Oh, and if anyone is looking for nice cheap iP6 cases, visit to amazon!
    Last edited by hogcia; 2014-09-12 at 05:38 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Woke up at 3am, used apple store app on my phone. Ordered 3 of the 5.5 64gb. Was back to sleep in 10min. Feel great!
    See, I had a similar experience for the iPhone 5 launch. This time however, not so lucky. I did mange to get my order in through the Apple Store app though.

Nightmare as well. Stayed up 2 hours. The best that happened finally was through the apple store iPhone app. They said they would hold my res. this morning I logged in to complete following the email they sent. Says it will ship in 7-10 days, and then says delivery October 6th. That's not 7-10 days from now or from the release date. Frustrating. And. I'm eligible for an upgrade sep 21 but can't use it even though the phone won't ship until well after that. I'm just going to not get it.

In fact. The 3-4 weeks quoted now is quicker than the "7-10 days" they are telling me!

Thanks

Clicked away on my iPad and MBP to no avail through Apple. Apple app got me farther in but still no deal. AT&T's site was smooth and quick, but because I want the 6+ 128gig, my confirmation email this morning said 21 - 28 days until it ships so I'm on hold with AT&T now to find out if I wait in line to get it on 9/19, can I cancel what I ordered on line. We'll see how well this goes.

I'm just tired of how apple operates this. The last few phones I've gotten on release day after similar experiences. This time I went through the experience and I'm still being yanked around. I think it's time to move on from the iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used the Apple Store app on my iPhone to place the order. I was lucky because it took about 15 minutes as the site was spinning and the "We'll Be Back" kept popping up. I kept reloading the app and after into the 23rd or so minute (and about 20 or so seconds of a spinning circle) it got me to the order page. I was able to order the 6+ (thru ATT). I'm glad I didn't order thru my computer - I would have never got thru!

Bottom line: It is best to go thru the Apple Store app instead of doing it any other way. I went thru this two years ago when the iPhone 5 came out. Took me about 15 or so minutes to go thru the process then.

Can't wait till next week!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast