Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pre-ordering An iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus Friday Morning Was a Nightmare

I went through the apple store app. And the issue is they locked me out once they couldn't get through to ATT. And they held my phone reserved. Bit today they are telling me it's 7-10 days and October 6th which doesn't add up.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by etmakesmovies View Post
    I'm just tired of how apple operates this. The last few phones I've gotten on release day after similar experiences. This time I went through the experience and I'm still being yanked around. I think it's time to move on from the iPhone.
    You're going to change to an Android because you can't get an iPhone the day it comes out?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

So it seems those who ordered through their carrier had a pretty easy time. I went through Apple site for the T-Mo unlocked devices and it was a nightmare. After 3AM I got through, 6 is coming and the 6+ is mid October. wow

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

had everything filled out and waiting on the verizon site. pressed continue at midnight and no problem got my confirmation email in the next 5 min. delivery of 6 plus on the 19th. very easy

I went on ATT.com 10 minutes early and they were already excepting pre-orders! It literally took me about 1 minute to get my order in, it was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    So it seems those who ordered through their carrier had a pretty easy time. I went through Apple site for the T-Mo unlocked devices and it was a nightmare. After 3AM I got through, 6 is coming and the 6+ is mid October. wow
    im still waiting for my confirmation emails from Verizon, so maybe not so well.

Default AT&T 6+ Ship Estimates Seem A Little Off...
    Upgraded 3 lines last night. AT&Ts page went live a little early so I was able to get my first 6+ purchase done at 0251 EST, the 2nd one at 0254 EST and the 3rd one at 0304 EST.

It looks like AT&T either isn't allocating any 6+ units to the web pre-order or they are seriously under promising on the delivery dates. My first two 6+ orders that went in by 6 minutes to midnight PST have estimated ship dates between 10/2 and 10/13. The 3rd 6+ put in at 3 minutes after midnight PST has an estimated ship date between 10/13 to 10/22.

Starting out at a minimum 2 week wait time for the web pre-order is a pretty poor showing for AT&T.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

All any of you really have to do if you're worried about delivery next Friday is to cancel your online order and just go to a Best Buy or Target or a Walmart at the opening of the store next Friday… There is never any lines at those stores and you'll get whatever size and color you want the day you walk in. The times when I've stood in line at my Apple Store (which is in a mall - no outside entrance directly) I've always gotten my phone long before people get their FedEx shipments from pre-order. I've always been person number 2 to person number 10 in line at the mall Apple store in my area. Maybe 1 or 2 people ahead of me at a Target or a Best Buy on opening day. Even when I go in after work on a Friday they've never been sold out of anything at those stores.

Has anyone had their orders processed yet? I did mine through the Apple store app

T-Mobile just won't work, at all. I tried it a few times this morning, and the page kept getting stuck on the payment phase. Now, since they've checked my credit too many times, they want $1100 down. >_<

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    T-Mobile just won't work, at all. I tried it a few times this morning, and the page kept getting stuck on the payment phase. Now, since they've checked my credit too many times, they want $1100 down. >_<
    Order through the Apple Store for T-Mo phone, my secretary just did it 5 minutes ago and had no issues.

The store is still having issues.

We're Sorry.
    Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later.

That's when going to check order status. Been on hold for 50 minutes now with apple. Looks like Sprint site is even down for pre order. I don't think I'd buy it on Sprint as they don't allow unlocking for in the US

Thanks

Apple Store's down again this am.. App still good - but I know T-Mobile not available on app. Any body just wanna drive to TMobile store.. LOL! Call me crazy!!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Well I'm seeing like this right now. Modmyi just did this article yesterday

First iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Shipments Reportedly Already Arriving in U.S. Territory

Which means that none of the carriers have received their actual inventory yet. Once they get their inventory?, then the systems will fulfill the pre-orders on the first come, first serve basis, thus updating the delivery dates to everyone. Once all the carriers have their inventory on hand. JMO tho

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Pre-ordering An iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus Friday Morning Was a Nightmare
    Need some friendly advice...
    My AT&T preorder was a nightmare. Delivery for my 6+ 128GB is 10/13-10/22!?!? Since I didn't know if my order went through, I was able to reserve 2 spots on Apple's site.

Here's the dilemma for the 6+:
    - Gold, 64GB, 9/19 delivery
    - Silver, 128GB, ships in 7 to 10 days

I originally was gonna get 64GB but decided at the last minute to go w/ 128GB. So, it boils down to, who thinks I should get the Gold or Silver?

BTW, I JUST NOW preordered another Silver 64GB ip6 w/ 9/19 delivery! I'm gonna cancel the AT&T order for that
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-12 at 08:10 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree, not a "nightmare", more of just an annoying inconvenience. i started checking the apple and at&t websites a little before 2AM CST and got a busy message. around 2:20, the apple site started to load, but no "add to cart" option was available. around 2:40, i was able to add to cart and order with no problems.

cant wait to finally get a new phone...the iphone 6+ at that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Well I'm seeing like this right now. Modmyi just did this article yesterday
    First iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Shipments Reportedly Already Arriving in U.S. Territory

Which means that none of the carriers have received their actual inventory yet. Once they get their inventory?, then the systems will fulfill the pre-orders on the first come, first serve basis, thus updating the delivery dates to everyone. Once all the carriers have their inventory on hand. JMO tho
    And to be clear, Carv.. 'carrier inventory' ONLINE and IN STORE are two different animals.. Carriers won't start filling their pre-orders online FROM IN STORE STOCK.. That DOES NOT happen. Carriers would never allow their stores to be EMPTY for walk-ins on launch day. In a WAY that's unfair... not really giving the Pre-Order people any real advantage except the convenience of not having to go to a store.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    BTW, I JUST NOW preordered another Silver 64GB ip6 w/ 9/19 delivery! I'm gonna cancel the AT&T order for that
    Did the same thing this AM.. Canceled AT&T.. Apple Store gave the 'guarantees'.. All people wanting 6+'s are sorta screwed.. like last year with the Gold 5S'. There just weren't enough made... I only know of a few forum members that have a 9/19 delivery date for any version of the 6+. Gonna start a poll thread.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    And to be clear, Carv.. 'carrier inventory' ONLINE and IN STORE are two different animals.. Carriers won't start filling their pre-orders online FROM IN STORE STOCK.. That DOES NOT happen. Carriers would never allow their stores to be EMPTY for walk-ins on launch day. In a WAY that's unfair... not really giving the Pre-Order people any real advantage except the convenience of not having to go to a store.

Did the same thing this AM.. Canceled AT&T.. Apple Store gave the 'guarantees'.. All people wanting 6+'s are sorta screwed.. like last year with the Gold 5S'. There just weren't enough made... I only know of a few forum members that have a 9/19 delivery date for any version of the 6+. Gonna start a poll thread.
    Ya, I know that they don't fill orders from store inventory LOL that would be crazy LOL. I know they have separate store inventory and warehouse inventory for online orders. I just used the term carriers in general, meaning warehouse and store inventory.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Ya, I know that they don't fill orders from store inventory LOL that would be crazy LOL. I know they have separate store inventory and warehouse inventory for online orders. I just used the term carriers in general, meaning warehouse and store inventory.
    Gotcha, bro. Just wanted to clarify for some others… ;-)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Gotcha, bro. Just wanted to clarify for some others… ;-)
    Gotcha!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast