Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Store Goes Down for Maintenance Ahead of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Preorders

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

i was on (as were two other friends) at midnight pacific. at the verizon site two of us got through immediately - and got our emails within 5 min for confirmation of the delivery on the 19th. another friend tried the apple store (and then sprint his carrier) and it was still down last time i'd checked in with him 45 min later. but on verizon...we got right through and confirmed. all three of of got the plus...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Matatoto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    That's kinda what I was trying to say. Basically you have to pay to get it unlocked. Whether it's pay the device in full or an early termination fee It's not gonna be unlocked once you get it. That's what was asked about AT&T and their next program
    Yup! Pretty much that's the case. I sometimes cancel my contract half way there( 1 year) paid half of my etf ($220?) the. Resale my phone for around $400.. Then I can get new contract with new phone. Not for everyone but that's a way to get off 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Roadw3 View Post
    I saw that on my ATT checkout as well, "activation/upgrade" fee. I think it's a bunch of crap, they are going to make a killing off of this anyways.

I should order my three extra upgrades and sell them on eBay.

I always call up ATT after the activation fee shows up on my monthly bill and ask them to waive the fee for me. 9 out if 10 times they'll do it for me. Maybe it'll work for you too.

Oh btw just to share my online ordering experience (nightmare), I started trying to order from both apple and att at 3am est. First one to actually not give me a "we'll be back" screen was ATT at 4:25am. But they were showing the 6 plus 128gb being a 14-21 day wait. I kept trying apple for 10 minutes hoping to see something different but the first thing they showed was 7-10 business days. I was upset to say the least. So now I'm waiting for my expected ship date of oct1-oct 6.
    Last edited by NiteStar; 2014-09-12 at 05:35 PM.

My guess is that the iphone 6plus had supply issues as I got in at 2:20 AM CST and ordered a 6plus 128 gig silver and it said 9/19 for delivery. However when I got the confirmation email the dates changed to 10/1 - 10/6

I then ordered a iphone 6 128 Gig silver at 6:15 am CST and it said 9/19 as delivery and the confirmation email also said 9/19.

Looked at Apple store app orders and it also says iphone 6 delivery 9/19 and my iphone 6 Plus says delivery 10/1 - 10/6

So the 6 plus must not of had a lot of supply on hand to handle the orders.

Also my card was charged for the iphone 6 already but haven't been charges yet for the 6plus.

Very weird.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-12)

So T-Mobile wasn't even taking preorders at midnight last night, the Apple Store was down, I couldn't place an order for the T-Mobile iPhone on the Apple Store App.

I woke up this morning, and T-Mobile site is up and taking preorders, but it's not going thru. The T-Mobile store is 2 blocks away from me, so I went down there to place my order, only to find out their system is down for EIP. The girl helping me out calls customer service and she's told that EIP is down system wide and not just for me. I'm told it could be up to 5 days before they restore EIP, but she'll call me back as soon as she finds out it's back up.

I guess worst case scenario, I'll have to walk into the store next Friday for a phone. I want the iPhone 6 Plus, 64gb, Space Gray

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    So T-Mobile wasn't even taking preorders at midnight last night, the Apple Store was down, I couldn't place an order for the T-Mobile iPhone on the Apple Store App.

I woke up this morning, and T-Mobile site is up and taking preorders, but it's not going thru. The T-Mobile store is 2 blocks away from me, so I went down there to place my order, only to find out their system is down for EIP. The girl helping me out calls customer service and she's told that EIP is down system wide and not just for me. I'm told it could be up to 5 days before they restore EIP, but she'll call me back as soon as she finds out it's back up.

I guess worst case scenario, I'll have to walk into the store next Friday for a phone. I want the iPhone 6 Plus, 64gb, Space Gray
    Yeah.. Just take a half day off work - and stand in the line. The Stores are little slow because you have to wait to talk to a rep. But they have someone there scheduling appointments as you walk in the door. Will be 2 hours of your life you'll never get back.. LOL!! But you'll walk out the door with a shiny new 6+ LONG before the preorder people get their shipments which is usually never before 3pm (15:00) on launch day. When I did store on launch day for 3GS, 4 and 4S I always had my phones before pre-order people. Or maybe it was for the 3/4/4S... One of them didn't have a pre-order.. the 3GS, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah.. Just take a half day off work - and stand in the line. The Stores are little slow because you have to wait to talk to a rep. But they have someone there scheduling appointments as you walk in the door. Will be 2 hours of your life you'll never get back.. LOL!! But you'll walk out the door with a shiny new 6+ LONG before the preorder people get their shipments which is usually never before 3pm (15:00) on launch day. When I did store on launch day for 3GS, 4 and 4S I always had my phones before pre-order people. Or maybe it was for the 3/4/4S... One of them didn't have a pre-order.. the 3GS, I think...

Actually, I remember some people getting their preorders in the mail a day before official launch in the past.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Actually, I remember some people getting their preorders in the mail a day before official launch in the past.
    Yes, I remember this too. Rare.. But has indeed happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    I noticed I also had a BS $40 "activation charge" on mine too. Greedy AT&T
    If you chose Att NEXT the fee was waived.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678