Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Walmart Offering Incentives for Purchasing New Apple Devices via Preorder

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Walmart Offering Incentives for Purchasing New Apple Devices via Preorder

For many, pre-ordering Apple’s new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be the highlight of their day. However, U.S. retailer Walmart has been reported to offer an exclusive discount other smaller retailers can’t and won’t. According to CNET, Walmart will be offering a discount of $20 on Apple’s new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. This will make the new devices come at a starting price of $179 and $279. The requirement for this offer is a two-year contract with Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon.

The retail company will also be offering the new Apple devices for pre-order on Friday, September 12th and consumers who pre-order with Walmart will be receiving a $15 e-gift card. Consumers who are members of Sam’s Club will receive an additional $2 discount on either models. Competitor tech retailer RadioShack, is also offering an incentive for purchasing with them; customers will receive a free $50 iTunes gift card when purchasing the iPhone 6 with them until the 27th of September.

Are you excited for the new devices and will you be pre-ordering? Let us know below!

Source: CNET

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I'll be trying to order mine online once they go live but if I fail I'll head to Walmart.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

That's my approach too. The stores never sell out on preorder day.. Apple.com often sells out in first 3-4 hours. By 5am PDT Apple will sell out. But the Verizon and ATT stores, online and walk-in, won't.

Walmart only carries 16gb iPhones to suit their clientele. Last few releases have been this way. Also, for people in Cali, Walmart does not charge you that ridiculous inflated full price cell phone tax.

20 bucks big deal. You need to work a lot harder than that to get my money.

I checked with both Walmarts in my town. They knew nothing about this. I won't take my chances on waiting, I will just order through Apple tonight.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

20 whole dollars? 😱 I'd pay $20 just to avoid walmart.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-09-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Also as a note: Verizon and ATT are offering $200 gift cards (may slightly vary) for 'good condition' iPhone trade ins, 4S - 5S models. This means all buttons have to work and the screen cannot be cracked. I think that's the best deal for anyone looking to upgrade their existing iPhone. Check with Verizon and ATT. Should work with either of the 2yr contract agreements and/or their early upgrade plans, EDGE and Next, respectively.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Walmart Offering Incentives for Purchasing New Apple Devices via Preorder
    Man,screw Tmobile and their stupid no subsidy prices. Not fair all the other carriers get to pay half price for two more years on contact. We get stuck paying up the *** for a dam phone when who really has $500-750 to spend on a new phone every other month...

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    Man,screw Tmobile and their stupid no subsidy prices. Not fair all the other carriers get to pay half price for two more years on contact. We get stuck paying up the *** for a dam phone when who really has $500-750 to spend on a new phone every other month...
    They offer 0% financing on it and give it to you unlocked... The savings over time from paying less monthly more than make up for it

Thanks

I've not heard before that it's given to you unlocked. I'd rather pay $300 and be done with it. I don't see how an unlocked phone makes up for the $450+ difference.

All iPhones sold through tmobile are factory unlocked. That's an incentive in itself.

Thanks

Only an incentive if you plan on switching carriers. It costs $110 to unlock an iPhone. I had my i5 unlocked.

It's boosts the value should you choose to sell it.

Thanks

It's not much of an increase in price over locked. I'd just really like an iPhone 6 but don't want to pay full price. Though it's worth it. T-mobile offered me $230 for mine.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

The money you lose to subsidies though...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

If they pay me i might consider the thought.

Stupid people that don't understand subsidies, contracts, and higher rates.... SMFH

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Stupid people that don't understand subsidies, contracts, and higher rates.... SMFH
    I'm sorry we're not up to your high level of knowledge on the subject. Perhaps you can enlighten us instead of calling people stupid.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to hopethemodworx For This Useful Post:

blanco10kid (2014-09-13)

Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    I've not heard before that it's given to you unlocked. I'd rather pay $300 and be done with it. I don't see how an unlocked phone makes up for the $450+ difference.
    The 450 comes into play when you're paying $45 extra each month compared to people with no contracts. It all evens out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast