Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Delivers Six New Ads Jabbing at Apple's New Product and Service Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Samsung is an insecure company! This shows they are not sure with their product to compete with Apple!
    +1

Default Samsung Delivers Six New Ads Jabbing at Apple's New Product and Service Lineup
    Samsung is far from insecure with its self. Samsung is out to bash and smash the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    I love how notorious I have become. Thank you for the recognition.

First off...I took the liberty of reporting your comment.

Second, I will not comment at how funny they were, because they were not funny...they were intended to be true...and they are very, very true. These ads are not intended to be funny. They are intended to highlight the weaknesses of the iPhone brand. For example; the very fact that the main selling point of the iPhone 6+ is the fact that it has a larger screen, is quite pathetic. Android OEMs have been giving us larger screens for a while now. Besides, what good is a larger screen, without features to take advantage of said large screen? At least the Note 4 has the undisputed champion of the smartphone stylus in the S-pen, and also comes fully loaded with software enhancements to allow the end user to take full advantage of the screen size. Has Apple bundled ANY software improvements to take advantage of the iPhone 6+ screen size...aside from a double tap on the home button to scroll (something which can be done with one hand, despite screen size)? They have not.

The Note 4 also comes with rapid charging technology; something which can essentially be compared to a decent step forward in battery innovation. As a Note 1 user, I will admit that there have been a few times I have drained the battery on my phone to dangerous levels (4 times in my ~2 years of owning it). WIth rapid charging tech, I could give my phone a 20-30 minute charge, and get another half a day of use...unlike iPhones which take much MUCH longer to charge and discharge MUCH faster. Samsung has always been good for its battery consumption and its battery charging.

While I cannot say with 100% certainty that the iPhone 6+ will support running 2 apps at once (which my Galaxy Note 1 was doing in 2012), but traditionally, iPhones have been about unitasking. Doing more than one thing at a time was far too difficult for that child's toy known as the iPhone. If the iPhone cannot do this natively (no jailbreak tweaks or 3rd party apps) then I call it a limitation of the device and the software.

I will admit, the live streaming one was kinda dumb, as any phone will struggle with a live stream if the internet connection is limited or slow, so shame on Samsung for that. However, the rest of the ads were pretty spot on. The iPhone cannot multitask, it has no support for accessories or software to take advantage of the larger screen, the battery cannot hold a charge and takers longer to charge, and the only reason the iWatch was shown was to distract iPhone users from the limitations of the iPhone 6.

And for all you people who talk about Samsung's mudslinging...I wish to direct you to the following Macbook commercials.

Apple COMPLETE "Get a Mac" ad campaign compilation (with Bonus ads) - YouTube

Then we have this:

Siri Mocks Samsung Galaxy S4 !!!! - YouTube

Then we have this:

Apple making Fun of Samsung Galaxy Tab at iPad mini Launch - Apple Special Event October 2012 - YouTube

And this:

Apple CEO Tim Cook: Our Competition Is Confused - YouTube

You Apple fanboys need to STOP with the revisionist history, and start owning up to the fact that your phone is limited, your memories are short, and that the leadership status that Apple once COMMANDED in the smartphone market has faded to a dim and distant echo. Denial is a terrible thing. However, once you reach the acceptance stage, the Android community will accept you with open arms.

If Apple did this, they would sue Samsung for stealing the idea of the iPen and the iMultiwindow (coming soon...in the year 2075). Apple has done enough lawsuit innovation. They should divert some of that money into HARDWARE and SOFTWARE innovation.
    What is your current phone or phones you use on a daily basis?
    What do you like about them? (Not what they do better then apple but what do you like about them and what made you buy it?)
    Is there a new android apple or windows phone out or coming out you really want?
    Last edited by Cowboy; 2014-09-11 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You Apple fanboys need to STOP with the revisionist history, and start owning up to the fact that your phone is limited, your memories are short, and that the leadership status that Apple once COMMANDED in the smartphone market has faded to a dim and distant echo. Denial is a terrible thing. .
    Lol, you are a funny guy. Distant echo lmao, ridiculous. Funny how a distant echo can still incite so many like you to feel the need to bash one company over another.

You can't even escape the haters on modmyi which is supposed to be about idevices. The haters are everywhere

Wow. That was actually stupid. None of them made sense. Who draws and watches a show at the same time? And I'll take a nic on the top over hearing that plastic shatter every time someone drops a plastic phone in the parking lot. Not to mention I have a case so I have no nics. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Samsung Delivers Six New Ads Jabbing at Apple's New Product and Service Lineup
    Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Those videos weren't even funny. I'm all for poking some fun here and there but those were just lame.

Now this one is kind of funny. Not as directly as the other videos but they are clearly making fun of the Apple videos, which let's face it, are rather pretentious.
    Totally hilarious. Much more funny than those Samsung videos. Good job at failing to get the point across Samsung.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

You're recognized as being a nuisance, nothing more...

And I hope reporting me really pans out for you! What's the worst that'll happen; I get banned from MMI?!? SCARY!!!

Everything you wrote afterwards wasn't worth my time. Find a better hobby than to bother a group of people that are perfectly happy in their bubble. We're sheep, fans, whatever; but we're content...unlike yourself!

Good luck on your mission, Morpheus...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-09-11)

Quote Originally Posted by chris4851 View Post
    I use to think Samsung commercials were funny regardless of the jab they took at Apple. Can't believe I wasted time watching those and didn't laugh once. Hoping these commercials never air on television because they make Samsung look desperate.
    I Totally agree with you !

O_o Wow. You know what that was?

Corproate-level trolling.

It was a big corporation version of a a dedicated Apple hater jumping on a forum as soon as the keynote was over (or during the keynote) to immediately startr talking crap about whatever Apple announced. I figured it out in the first video, because it immediately made me think "this is the kind of video some little haters would make to rip on Apple" Except it was a big corporation, supposedly run by mature adults?

Just the sheer speed at which they produced and put these out proved that they had the actors and set ready prior to the keynote, and were just waiting for the details of the keynote to make some quick and dirty (and terrible) jokes. It's just so, so sad how insecure they are, and/or how they feel they need to pander to the bottom-feeding fanboy trolls of the world.

Here's the main problems with these very bad videos.

Video 1: sheer jealousy that Apple has so many people wanting to watch the keynote live their servers can't handle it. It's not unlike samsung poking fun at the massive lines for new Apple products. They try to make it look bad, but you know they would be giddy with happiness if they had that kind of following.

Video 2: Making a screen slightly larger has been the cornerstone of all of Samsung's new phones for at least 3 years. And they're going to try to make fun of apple for the same thing???? (more to come on this)

Video 3: Does anyone really, really need multiple Windows on their phone?? What are you really going to get done constructively on half a phone screen?? and the answer is in the next video...

Video 4: Also, could they have a geekier, less constructive example than "drawing cosplay while watching superhero cartoons" Will that really make people want multiple windows?? And how will that masterpiece look drawn on half a phone screen???

Video 5: Samsung, you have been beating this dead horse for far too long. Battery life on iPhone is totally fine. This is a classic example of trying to compain about ap roblem that doesn't exist. I work with tons of people every day with iPhones at the office, and never once have I seen or heard someone running out of battery life, or compalin about it.

Video 6: Ok, seriously?? WTH was that?? Notice they had zero criticisms of the watch itself because they also have a watch, and it does pretty much the same thing! In some making fun, but not really making fun, of the Apple Watch, they are basically making fun of themselves too! I guess they think their fanboys are too blinded to realize that.

All in all, the single most pathetic, immature attempt by a company to troll another company. I can't believe a bunch of so-called professionals that make more money than I can dream of thought this was a good idea. Way to make yourself look like an immature child, Samsung!

Thanks

The fact is that no, in some cases Apple is not the first to take certain steps - that is undeniable. To that end, Apple may not be the first to do something, but they are the first to do it right.

**Insert scene from Jurassic Park where Ian Malcolm tells John Hammond that his scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should." Being first out of the gate can pay off handsomely or it can leave people wondering why an open source platform didn't work across the board because apps like Instagram wouldn't run on certain builds of certain devices when it was first released.

There's a refinement to releasing a quality product, rather than whatever they can force onto the masses. This is evidenced by the number of devices released each year. Since 2008 there have been over 60 android phones released by various makers versus 9 by Apple (including the 6 and 6+) and excluding the original since I only began counting from 2008. *raises one eyebrow*

Second, I will not comment at how funny they were, because they were not funny...they were intended to be true...and they are very, very true. These ads are not intended to be funny. They are intended to highlight the weaknesses of the iPhone brand. For example; the very fact that the main selling point of the iPhone 6+ is the fact that it has a larger screen, is quite pathetic. Android OEMs have been giving us larger screens for a while now. Besides, what good is a larger screen, without features to take advantage of said large screen? At least the Note 4 has the undisputed champion of the smartphone stylus in the S-pen, and also comes fully loaded with software enhancements to allow the end user to take full advantage of the screen size. Has Apple bundled ANY software improvements to take advantage of the iPhone 6+ screen size...aside from a double tap on the home button to scroll (something which can be done with one hand, despite screen size)? They have not.

The Note 4 also comes with rapid charging technology; something which can essentially be compared to a decent step forward in battery innovation. As a Note 1 user, I will admit that there have been a few times I have drained the battery on my phone to dangerous levels (4 times in my ~2 years of owning it). WIth rapid charging tech, I could give my phone a 20-30 minute charge, and get another half a day of use...unlike iPhones which take much MUCH longer to charge and discharge MUCH faster. Samsung has always been good for its battery consumption and its battery charging.

While I cannot say with 100% certainty that the iPhone 6+ will support running 2 apps at once (which my Galaxy Note 1 was doing in 2012), but traditionally, iPhones have been about unitasking. Doing more than one thing at a time was far too difficult for that child's toy known as the iPhone. If the iPhone cannot do this natively (no jailbreak tweaks or 3rd party apps) then I call it a limitation of the device and the software.

I will admit, the live streaming one was kinda dumb, as any phone will struggle with a live stream if the internet connection is limited or slow, so shame on Samsung for that. However, the rest of the ads were pretty spot on. The iPhone cannot multitask, it has no support for accessories or software to take advantage of the larger screen, the battery cannot hold a charge and takers longer to charge, and the only reason the iWatch was shown was to distract iPhone users from the limitations of the iPhone 6.

And for all you people who talk about Samsung's mudslinging...I wish to direct you to the following Macbook commercials.

Apple COMPLETE "Get a Mac" ad campaign compilation (with Bonus ads) - YouTube

Then we have this:

Siri Mocks Samsung Galaxy S4 !!!! - YouTube

Then we have this:

Apple making Fun of Samsung Galaxy Tab at iPad mini Launch - Apple Special Event October 2012 - YouTube

And this:

Apple CEO Tim Cook: Our Competition Is Confused - YouTube

You Apple fanboys need to STOP with the revisionist history, and start owning up to the fact that your phone is limited, your memories are short, and that the leadership status that Apple once COMMANDED in the smartphone market has faded to a dim and distant echo. Denial is a terrible thing. However, once you reach the acceptance stage, the Android community will accept you with open arms.

If Apple did this, they would sue Samsung for stealing the idea of the iPen and the iMultiwindow (coming soon...in the year 2075). Apple has done enough lawsuit innovation. They should divert some of that money into HARDWARE and SOFTWARE innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Since 2008 there have been over 60 android phones released by various makers versus 9 by Apple (including the 6 and 6+) and excluding the original since I only began counting from 2008. *raises one eyebrow*
    I think there have been a lot more than 60 android phones. At my local Kroger they at least 10 crappy budget android phones right now. That, BTW, is how android dominates market share: hoards of super cheap phones on super cheap prepaid plans.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I think there have been a lot more than 60 android phones. At my local Kroger they at least 10 crappy budget android phones right now. That, BTW, is how android dominates market share: hoards of super cheap phones on super cheap prepaid plans.
    Oh, not too many more. Just 18,000 or so lol

Android Fragmentation: The State of Play

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-12)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Oh, not too many more. Just 18,000 or so lol

Android Fragmentation: The State of Play
    Holy crap LMAO very interesting article and surprising to how many models there are. Thanks Simon!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-09-12)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

^ well, you have to give him one thing. He takes the cake for longest comment of the year.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I Like Apple...
    It Suffices my needs...

I tried Android...
    I did not like it...
    It didn't suffice my need...

At the end of the day it is consumer behaviour. So honestly i have no idea what the fuzz is about Android phones being far greater than Apple. (To each his own)

lol, awesome. The truth stings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Samsung is far from insecure with its self. Samsung is out to bash and smash the competition.

What is your current phone or phones you use on a daily basis?
    What do you like about them? (Not what they do better then apple but what do you like about them and what made you buy it?)
    Is there a new android apple or windows phone out or coming out you really want?
    1: Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    2: Multiwindow, S-pen, out of the box customization, large device size, FM tuner, micro USB, no iTunes needed to transfer music to my device, transfer files wirelessly, more verbose control of the OS, custom launchers and keyboards, custom roms, SD storage, removable battery, enterprise activesync support, overclocking, task and startup managers, more lockscreen options, ability to lockdown specific apps with alternate passcodes or lock patterns, and finally...my personal favorite...default apps.
    3: The only thing that has budged me, in the slightest degree to upgrade, is the Note 4.

why do you ask?

I watched the key note and was not surprised. Beyond boring really. Nothing new.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Who uses a pen on their phone? Beyond that…why? I for one don't and I never ever want to see the inside of my phone to change a battery or for any other reason. I'll take my phone battery solidly encased in the latest apple chassis snuggled next to a luscious 128 gigs of memory which is nestled right next to that smooth az butter browns A8 processor capable of lunching a FN nuck, Thank you!
    Last edited by DieselVexx; 2014-09-12 at 03:01 PM.

Samsung is a great company that produces outstanding products. They should focus on their own products. They're past the point of having to do this to get their name out there.

These extremely predictable ads (they come out after every single Apple keynote) makes Samsung look desperate and pathetic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast