Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Watch to Bring Several New Features to the Smartwatch Industry

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Nobody has reported on battery life. If anyone would, it would be Apple. All the stories on battery life are pure speculation. Apple doesnít even know what battery life will be yet because they donít have the Watch production-ready. Until then, they canít run tests to determine battery life.

Expecting Apple to be able to quote battery life with confidence when theyíre still finalizing the product is the height of stupidity!

They said it does not have internal GPs. It has to be paired with a phone, which is disappointing to me and kills it as a real fitness watch option. Most people who use fitness watches use GPS watches for running tracking.
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/09/10/apple-watch-24-hour-battery/

I am very happy with the battery life. So far I have not heard a single person say they need to charge their Apple Watch. Can't get better than that....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone IS my watch, and has been since smart phones first came out. I haven't worn a watch for about 5 years now. I see no need to start wearing them again. If my iPhone is in my pocket what extra benefit does this watch add ? I don't get it.

My kids don't wear watches, they use their phone. People of my generation who do wear watches tend to have a decent watch (Which probably cost a lot more than $349!) so the market is fairly limited but I have a feeling it will still be very popular, not having to get your phone out of your pocket is an obvious benefit but I'm sure there will be a lot more. They will probably not become obvious until you see them.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    My kids don't wear watches, they use their phone. People of my generation who do wear watches tend to have a decent watch (Which probably cost a lot more than $349!) so the market is fairly limited but I have a feeling it will still be very popular, not having to get your phone out of your pocket is an obvious benefit but I'm sure there will be a lot more. They will probably not become obvious until you see them.
    Agree, I only own 1 watch (a really nice one) that I only have worn a few times when attending formal events. More jewelry then actually using it. But I'm all in on the Apple watch, not certain yet if it will be part of my daily wardrobe, but I just want it. Was very impressed with it and all it's capabilities. Just me...

My watch doesn't leave my wrist. I paid £600 for a 12 year old, second hand watch that still looks like new, if you swap watches the Apple watch makes sense but my watch is part of me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12