Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Apple Watch is Set to Hit the Market in a Variety of Flavors and Options

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Apple Watch is Set to Hit the Market in a Variety of Flavors and Options

Those of you considering purchasing the Apple Watch when it becomes available will probably want to learn about all of the options and flavors it comes in. It will be made in a wide variety of styles and in two different sizes, allowing you to choose the right device for your particular style preferences and needs. This is the first time Apple has decided to offer a wide range of styles in its products.

The companyís new wearable device will be made available in three collections: a basic collection made of stainless steel, a sport version made with an aluminum casing and a high-end edition made of hardened 18-karat gold. All three editions of the Apple Watch will also be made available in two sizes based on which fits a userís wrist better as mentioned before.

The watch can be even further customized with six different styles of watch straps. One of the cool things about Appleís watch is that it has a quick-release mechanism that allows the strap to be interchangeable. The bands include an elastomer-based sport band, a leather loop with embedded magnets, a leather band, a classic leather buckle-type band, stainless steel and last but not least a stainless steel mesh band with a magnetic closure. Furthermore, it should be noted that some of the bands have hidden magnetic clasps that allow the accessory to be put on or taken off quickly.

Last but not least, one of the other things that makes the Apple Watch extra customizable are the various watch faces users can enable. The head of the productís software development team, Kevin Lynch, showcased how users can mix and match different functions and displays. Several watch faces were showcased and left many excited.

As a fashion accessory, many tend to think that the Apple Watch delivered. Personally, itís nice to see new technology being implemented in what was previously a dull industry from a technological standpoint. How do you feel about the iWatch?

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

The variety possible is pretty neat. I see four versions, though - gold, frosted metal, polished, and that black one on the top row.

The quick-release button on the band is probably the thing that has most impressed me, design-wise; normal watch bands are a pain to switch out, and the little metal pins tend to bend or break. It never made much sense to have such a strong leather strap held on by two fragile pins (unless, of course, they wanted it to break so you'd buy another one - called planned obsolescence).
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2014-09-10 at 03:42 PM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    The variety possible is pretty neat. I see four versions, though - gold, frosted metal, polished, and that black one on the top row.
    There are actually 6 designs: stainless steel, brushed aluminum, space gray, black, gold, and rose gold. There are also 2 different sizes and tons of bands. The thing I'm most curious about is if the hands are interchangeable or if you're stuck with one. This may have been covered in the announcement, but my feed died right about then.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Careful! Not only did you not make the claim "earlier" that the different sizes were for selecting what fits your wrist better, Apple did not claim that either. Women's versions of the same watch are often made smaller. It is purely for personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    There are actually 6 designs: stainless steel, brushed aluminum, space gray, black, gold, and rose gold. There are also 2 different sizes and tons of bands. The thing I'm most curious about is if the hands are interchangeable or if you're stuck with one. This may have been covered in the announcement, but my feed died right about then.
    There are no "hands." What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

The quick-release button on the band is probably the thing that has most impressed me, design-wise; normal watch bands are a pain to switch out, and the little metal pins tend to bend or break. It never made much sense to have such a strong leather strap held on by two fragile pins (unless, of course, they wanted it to break so you'd buy another one - called planned obsolescence).
    There are more. There is stainless steel in silver and black, aluminum in natural or space gray, and gold in natural or rose. There are two sizes in each as well.

Easily replaced watch bands and pins are not "planned obsolescence." Heck Wal-Mart will usually give you a new pin for free.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2014-09-10 at 06:25 PM.

Wow variety, I wonder who taught them that word and what it really means.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

It was autocorrect.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!