Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Choosing Between a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus

I donít care for the larger phones. I really donít want anything bigger than the 5S. NFC payments has no appeal to me until itís pretty ubiquitous in the retail world. Camera is marginally better, but not enough to make me want a new phone. Plus I donít like the way it sticks out; seems to make it more prone to damage.

Iím going to stick it out with my 5S as long as I can. I think Iíll switch to T-Mobile and save a lot on my monthly bill, so when I do have to eventually upgrade I can buy outright and stay untied to contracts.

iPhone 6 can be summed up with the following:

The iPhone 6 plus would be more appealing if it could touch the greatness of the Note 4. iPhone 6 plus has an inferior display, less ram, and fewer features. Why have a display that big without an S-pen like accessory? The iPhone 6 plus is average, at best, and it has put Apple further on Fragmentation road.

I cannot wait for the iGlass to popup. That will be point and case that Apple is just copying.

If Apple customers are actually impressed by the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 plus, might I recommend the Nexus 4 or Note 2? THese devices are much cheaper, and exceed the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 plus in specs. Stop paying more for yesterday's technology. Come and join Android users in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post

The iPhone 6 plus would be more appealing if it could touch the greatness of the Note 4. iPhone 6 plus has an inferior display, less ram, and fewer features. Why have a display that big without an S-pen like accessory? The iPhone 6 plus is average, at best, and it has put Apple further on Fragmentation road.

I cannot wait for the iGlass to popup. That will be point and case that Apple is just copying.

If Apple customers are actually impressed by the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 plus, might I recommend the Nexus 4 or Note 2? THese devices are much cheaper, and exceed the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 plus in specs. Stop paying more for yesterday's technology. Come and join Android users in 2014.
    There is no greatness in the Note 4. It's an Android. Bleh.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2014-09-10), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

If Apple customers are actually impressed by the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 plus, might I recommend the Nexus 4 or Note 2? ........ and exceed the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 plus in specs. Stop paying more for yesterday's technology.
    Pure nonsense!!! No Android out there can touch the camera ability of the 6. Those who believe more pixels = better camera are just uneducated. Those who believe 2GB of RAM on a smart phone is necessary are just uneducated and don't understand Dynamic RAM allocation..

But fair enough -- It's only natural that the Android trolls would come out in numbers to try and spread the propaganda that ANYTHING Nexus makes is superior and ahead of Apple... wanna-be's.. only natural...

And Anthony's right.. you can have the coolest hardware in the world - but Android OS?? Bleck.... just a toy for children compared to iOS. Pure Google Android - little better... still not iOS..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2014-09-10), Bo Troxell (2014-09-10)

When the original iPhone came out I couldn't understand what the fuss was about, on paper my windows mobile had been doing everything the iPhone did for years. It was only when I first saw an iPhone I realised how much better it was, I've tried Android and it's not for me, if you like it, fine, it's your choice, but paper specs can be very misleading.

But why, oh why, didn't Apple release a phone size phone, if I wanted to carry a big device as a phone I would have bought an Android. I have my iPad for a big screen and don't want to carry a massive phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooropalg View Post
    My heart tells me "just an iphone 6" but the awesome big screen of the iphone 6 plus is calling meÖ
    I will choose once I got both iphone 6 in hands.
    Zoo you need to pick up a 6 plus wit paul and myself!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    But why, oh why, didn't Apple release a phone size phone, if I wanted to carry a big device as a phone I would have bought an Android. I have my iPad for a big screen and don't want to carry a massive phone.
    LOL... Little hysterical don't ya think, bro? 0.7 inches larger for an iPhone 6 is 'hardly' a MASSIVE phone.. be at peace...

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Pure nonsense!!! No Android out there can touch the camera ability of the 6. Those who believe more pixels = better camera are just uneducated. Those who believe 2GB of RAM on a smart phone is necessary are just uneducated and don't understand Dynamic RAM allocation..

But fair enough -- It's only natural that the Android trolls would come out in numbers to try and spread the propaganda that ANYTHING Nexus makes is superior and ahead of Apple... wanna-be's.. only natural...

And Anthony's right.. you can have the coolest hardware in the world - but Android OS?? Bleck.... just a toy for children compared to iOS. Pure Google Android - little better... still not iOS..
    I agree Grant totally, think about it like this folks. Apple makes seamless working, key there is seamless. I need functionality and daily usage then extra bells and whistles that i don't use. S Pen is nice if most folks actually used it. I could say a good amount of folks I've encountered in my line of business who could utilize it, don't and wouldn't. I mean PlanetBeing had android running on a 3GS i believe it was and it ran better on that then most android phones available at that time. Overall iphone is just a better built device.

"In terms of cameras, the devices are practically the same."
    LOL! OIS being iPhone 6 Plus-only is a pretty big oversight to have in an article specifically about making your decision between the two based on the differences between them. Optical Image Stabilization is a big reason many will opt for the Plus. Please write more carefully!

It's just exactly like when I owned my Viper, I would have so many people trash talk my car.
    You could've spent so much less and had a faster car and so on...
    Yes I could've spent $5000 on a mustang and beefed it up but it's a Mustang.
    People will never get it, to me, Apple is just so much more refined...

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    I am very indecisive as of which model to get myself. I drew up some mockups from the specs as to help me decide. Maybe they will help others as well.
    I will be printing mockups of both the 6 and 6+ on my 3D printer tonight so I can actually feel the difference and know which one I want to pre-order this Friday. I'm leaning towards the 4.7" because I use my iPhone 5S in portrait mode a lot and navigate with my thumb which won't be as easy to do on the 5.5" model.

I also agree that the base models should have 32GB instead of just 64 because 16 is not quite enough but I don't really need 64 either...

No thank you. Most people I know that have tried Android after Apple have gone back to Apple or will be getting an iPhone 6/6+. All those features don't matter when overall it is a less appealing phone.
    Last edited by The6uest; 2014-09-10 at 07:40 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-10), Bo Troxell (2014-09-10), thazsar (2014-09-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Anyone wanting to get a real feel of what the sizes will be like can print this out: http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/downl...le-cutouts.pdf
    LOL! Made mine on some .25" cardboard to get a rough idea of the thickness! Thanx man!!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-09-10), NewD (2014-09-10), Simon (2014-09-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

So , Bo, you'll actually be picking up both a 6, 6+ and Watch just to have "all that Apple makes"?
    Yes Sir, it's a sickness...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-10), Simon (2014-09-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Lol, they look great
    I was holding the two papers up to my ear and getting people to tell me which looked better lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Yes Sir, it's a sickness...
    Afflicts the best of us lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Choosing Between a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus
    Lol, they look great
    I was holding the two papers up to my ear and getting people to tell me which looked better lol.
    we're dorks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-09-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Lol, they look great

..and the masses told you??????????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ..and the masses told you??????????
    They all said the iPhone 6 looked more natural. Which I agreed. But then I thought how often do I actually use my iPhone as a phone (hardly ever) and am now at peace with my decision to get a 6 plus.

No ANdroid device surpasses the camera ability of the iPhone 6? How can you even say that without even TRYING the camera of the iPhone 6?

Wait a minute...look what I found: Alleged iPhone 6 Camera Shot Shows Possible Improvements to Low Light Performance OH NO!

Calling Android OS a toy is a very ignorant statement, given how all the iPhone is known for is the GAMES in its app store. If anything, iPhones and iOS are for kids and games. After all - look at the countless kid-friendly iPad and iPhone cases there are on the market so BABIES can play with iDevices.

Specs are everything when it comes to a phone. Not only do cutting edge specs allow Android devices to run the cutting edge software that end users DEMAND, prices of this hardware are also being driven down. You see, because Android OEMs are standardizing phones with 2GB of RAM, QHD screens, cutting edge cameras, quad and octo core processors, and SDXC storage options, they are driving costs down. Instead of 2GB being a premium feature, it is being turned into the baseline standard. With every single Android phone able to have 2GB of ram under the hood, prices will go down due to saturation and competition. Additionally, the software on ANdroid versions 4.4.2 and up have proven, time and again, to launch and shut down faster than their iOS counterparts. if Android is as slow and unstable as most of you claim it to be, how does it outperform iOS?

And if Android OS is "just a toy for children" why is it widely considered to be the far more customizable, verbose, and technically more complicated than the iOS' "sandbox"? (a sandbox is something that children lay in, just so you know).

I hate to say it, but iPhone users are brainwashed into thinking that iOS is "good". Remember when Steve Jobs said "nobody would ever buy large phones"? Why are you iSHeep buying them now? Are you gonna buy your larger iPhones because your Cupertino gods tell you to do so? Sad...sad...sad...
    Last edited by nakedcrook; 2014-09-10 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks

Specs are everything when it comes to a phone.
    For Androids yes, that is true. Not so much for iOS devices.

With every single Android phone able to have 2GB of ram under the hood
    Lol, that's just hilarious. Android devices that have that spec or anywhere near that spec are actually a very low percentage of what androids are actually available.

Some good reads: http://opensignal.com/reports/2014/a...fragmentation/
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...elling-for-215

btw, I am an android fan too, have almost always owned at least one android device, usually the Nexus line or an HTC.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-10), NewD (2014-09-10), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-10)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast