Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Choosing Between a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    I am very indecisive as of which model to get myself. I drew up some mockups from the specs as to help me decide. Maybe they will help others as well.
    iPhone 6 Plus, 64Gb, Space Grey is what I'll be getting!
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

I've got a question;

I've cut the huge SIM card down in my daughters iPhone 2 times now so I didn't have to buy a data plan for her, don't want her to have internet at all times.
    It is now a nano-sim size.
    Will I still be able to use it in the iPhone 6 unlocked?

I'm assuming yes...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    I've got a question;

I've cut the huge SIM card down in my daughters iPhone 2 times now so I didn't have to buy a data plan for her, don't want her to have internet at all times.
    It is now a nano-sim size.
    Will I still be able to use it in the iPhone 6 unlocked?

I'm assuming yes...
    Should be able to

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Sniper488 (2014-09-10)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I can't find it. Did it say how much ram they both had?
    Anthony is right about it not being publicized yet, but current leaks claim that the base 6 model stays at 1GB.
    If the Plus model doesn't have more I think it'll be a disappointment to many people.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Anthony is right about it not being publicized yet, but current leaks claim that the base 6 model stays at 1GB.
    If the Plus model doesn't have more I think it'll be a disappointment to many people.
    I would think that because of the higher resolution of the iPhone 6 Plus, it must come with more than 1GB of RAM. That's just what I think though. That's the same reason that the iPad Mini with retina display came with more RAM than the iPad Mini.

I don't think we'll know until iFixit does a tear-down, which will definitely be after the device becomes available.

Does anyone know if these phones will be on display at the Apple Store tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Does anyone know if these phones will be on display at the Apple Store tomorrow?
    More than likely you will have to wait until pre-order or availability dates.

I'm not certain about that though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What I would like to know is why we in Australia are penalised again with price. iPhone 6 from $869 and iPhone 6 Plus from $999.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmeg42 View Post
    What I would like to know is why we in Australia are penalised again with price. iPhone 6 from $869 and iPhone 6 Plus from $999.
    Most likely your plans are a lot cheaper than here in the States. In the past the phone plans (voice & data) are more expensive to subsidize the price of the phone. I think carriers here are changing to cheaper plans and making people pay full pricing for phones. I could be wrong though....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggrassmid View Post
    Most likely your plans are a lot cheaper than here in the States. In the past the phone plans (voice & data) are more expensive to subsidize the price of the phone. I think carriers here are changing to cheaper plans and making people pay full pricing for phones. I could be wrong though....
    Those prices are to buy outright from the Australian Apple Store not connected to any phone plan. I have just seen that the prices are subsidised plan prices. Oops my bad.

Why would anyone buy outright? (Serious question)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I have only one complaint...
    Why the hell is Apple still continuing the 16GB model and not make the 32GB the lowest end?!
    16GB is hardly enough space nowadays to even still have it around.
    This is what the line up should've looked like instead:

$199 $299 $399
    32GB 64GB 128GB

Anyone else agree?
    I completely agree it makes no sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Why would anyone buy outright? (Serious question)
    People who don't like to be tied down to one carrier or to a certain package with one carrier. Or people who require an unlocked one.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

I buy outright as well, I need the unlocked device for business/pleasure travel, as well as I am grandfathered in to T-Mo with a monthly totally unlimited price that is at least half of what any other carriers would charge me. So it's worth it to me to pay the full price up front.
    As well as being an Apple FanGirl, ya just gotta have all the devices they make.

Yeah unlocked is too much but for me the carriers are fine. I get what I want and do what I need.

Default Choosing Between a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Hmm, wonder if the t-mobile no contract option will be unlocked like it was last year for the 5s...
    Yes it will, it shows you on the apple website can't remember correctly but I think the starting price for the unlocked device was at $649 for the 16GB iPhone 6.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I think I will go with 6 + as I wanted a much bigger iphone.

8 mgpxl f2.2 no 4k video???......seriously Apple? you got to be kidding me!!!! Also, no sapphire screen....I SOOOO Knew it. I think it's truly the time for me to make the switch to the Note 4
    Last edited by swifty7; 2014-10-08 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default Choosing Between a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I would think that because of the higher resolution of the iPhone 6 Plus, it must come with more than 1GB of RAM. That's just what I think though. That's the same reason that the iPad Mini with retina display came with more RAM than the iPad Mini.

I don't think we'll know until iFixit does a tear-down, which will definitely be after the device becomes available.
    If they had more RAM, either of them or both, they would have said so at the KeyNote as they have at every KeyNote in the past where there was a RAM change. There is definitely no bump to 2GB. And it's not needed. Now that the Dynamic RAM allocation is fixed in iOS 8 after the debacle of iOS. 7.. 1GB is more than enough for anything the devs can throw at a SmartPhone.

I have serious doubts about their battery claims for the 6 plus being so much better. Apple's never hit their battery specs since iPhone 4 .. The last phone that was 2 days on one charge. And I just can't hold a 5.5 phablet.

I'll be grabbing iPhone 6 - 16.. My 4000 song library is in iTunes Match - working perfectly. Never on my phone.. I keep about 500 of my favorites on it for when out of cell tower range or flying.

Never needed more than 16 since iTunes Match came out..

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    As well as being an Apple FanGirl, ya just gotta have all the devices they make.
    So , Bo, you'll actually be picking up both a 6, 6+ and Watch just to have "all that Apple makes"?
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-09-10 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    8 mgpxl f2.2 no 4k video???......seriously Apple? you got to be kidding me!!!! Also, no sapphire screen....I SOOOO new it. I think it's truly the time for me to make the switch to the Note 4
    Increased megapixels doesn't really mean that much. Unfortunately, most of the general public doesn't understand that what makes cameras good isn't the megapixels, it's the software involved. I did expect Apple to increase the MP some simply to appeal to these people, but as long as they made solid improvements to the camera software I'm more than happy.

I also think 4K is ahead of its time. It's a cool bell/whistle, but at the same time it's a hard drive hog and if you plan on throwing it up on a TV you'll have to spend at least $2k on the TV. 4K is in its infancy right now, and I don't blame Apple for not jumping on the bandwagon.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AUZambo For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-10)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast