Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Geekbench 3 Scores Allegedly Leaked Ahead of September 9th Special Event

Default iPhone 6 Geekbench 3 Scores Allegedly Leaked Ahead of September 9th Special Event

We are among our final hours before the Apple September 9th special event kicks off, and Apple is expected to unveil the all-new iPhone 6 along with other exciting hardware and software.

Apple's iPhone 6 is expected to come in 2 different sizes – 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch, and will coming with Apple's all-new iOS 8 operating system. The iPhone 6 will get a nice hardware bump from the iPhone 5s, and is expected to have a complete redesign over the iPhone 5s. Recent videos have shown what the alleged iPhone 6 built from leaked parts is supposed to look like.

Ahead of Apple's special event, it would appear that a Weibo user by the name of zzray has supposedly gotten his hands on a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and was able to report on some Geekbench 3 scores. The new 1.4Ghz dual-core iOS 8 device with 1GB of RAM scored a 1633 in single-core processing and a 2920 in multi-core processing. These scores out-perform the iPhone 5s.

While these could be the specs of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, if there is a 5.5-inch flavor, it should be even faster to accommodate for the bump in hardware. We won't know for sure until today's event is done and over with, so stay tuned!

Sources: G4Games via MacRumors

Thanks

Default iPhone 6 Geekbench 3 Scores Allegedly Leaked Ahead of September 9th Special E...
    I call fake because that's clearly a 4-inch screen in the screenshot. The distance between the clock and battery indicator is the same as my phone.

Yeah I was about to say. Not to mention I wanna see how the scores compare to the galaxy series

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I call fake because that's clearly a 4-inch screen in the screenshot. The distance between the clock and battery indicator is the same as my phone.
    Screen size has nothing to do with it. Whether it is a 4 inch screen or a 40 inch screen, screen resolution is what determines the size of the screenshot. Additional factors comes into play with DPI and other scaling technologies that Crapple may employ in order to not have a microscopic UI (assuming their phone is a FHD screen)

I am not going to say if this is the iPhone 6 or not...but I will say that if this IS the iPhone 6...then the iPhone has yet to join the 2 GB ram club, and the screen is trash (if it is not FHD). I am not expecting a FHD screen.

Not necessarily, if the new iPhone screen retains the same aspect ratio (16:9) as the 5,5s, unless you get the full res screenshot (to know dimensions) it's quite possible.

Thanks

Default iPhone 6 Geekbench 3 Scores Allegedly Leaked Ahead of September 9th Special E...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoarCowbell View Post
    Not necessarily, if the new iPhone screen retains the same aspect ratio (16:9) as the 5,5s, unless you get the full res screenshot (to know dimensions) it's quite possible.
    No, if they made the screen bigger then the UI wouldn't simply scale up because that wouldn't allow for the display of additional content.