Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The New York Times Claims U2 Will Play a Significant Part in Apple's Upcoming Event

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The New York Times Claims U2 Will Play a Significant Part in Apple's Upcoming Event

It was just recently that we reported popular rock group U2 would be a part of Apple’s highly anticipated September 9th event. However, it wasn’t long before those rumors were shot down. But on Monday, The New York Times reported that the group would be performing parts from their upcoming album at Apple’s event, as well as announce an upcoming partnership with the company. They stated that U2 would be playing a significant part in tomorrow’s event. It was first rumored that U2’s upcoming album would be preloaded onto the iPhone 6 and now, sources are saying that the group ‘will reveal an integration’ with one or more of Apple’s upcoming devices.

Rumors circulating the web in regards to Apple and rock group U2’s partnership has been going back and forth in the last couple of days. The group’s manager shot down the rumors by saying “they are not releasing their album on the iPhone, and they are not performing at the iPhone launch." But the partnership between the two isn’t out of the blue since they’ve worked together in the past before. Apple not only made an exclusive U2 iPod back in 2004, but they’ve also collaborated for the group’s frontman, Bono’s Product (Red) charity efforts.

Source: The New York Times
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-09-09 at 07:03 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Hmm, seems unlikely the band would officially respond to rumors and say no, only to turn around and do it a few days later. More likely they wouldn't respond at all if there was any truth in it.

Either way, who really cares except hard core U2 fans, and even then getting a free album shouldn't sway you on a phone purchase.

Woohoo, U2...... And how does that affect my iPhone ????

If the new I phone 6 comes with a U2 album it will be the first thing I delete

Thanks

Supposedly everyone with iTunes account gets U2 album free?...they say it's already in ur library...I don't see it...