Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limited Quantities of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 to Release With 4.7-inch On Sept. 19th

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Limited Quantities of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 to Release With 4.7-inch On Sept. 19th

The highly anticipated September 9th event is now less than 24 hours away. For those who were disappointed that Apple may not be releasing the larger sized iPhone 6 can now turn that frown upside down. New reports are claiming that Apple will be launching their phablet the same time as the 4.7-inch model on September 19th, however, only in limited quantity. According to iGen.fr, both versions of the iPhone 6 will be launched on September 19th, which is not surprising since Apple has always previously released their iPhones two Fridays after the announcement.

iGen.fr reported that the smaller 4.7-inch iPhone 6 has an internal model number of N61, and the larger 5.5-inchs version has a model number of N56. Both iPhones will be larger than the current iPhone 5s model and apparently, will be named iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Rumors have been going around saying that the next generation iPhones will have a completely new design with rounder corners, larger volume buttons, and tapered glass edges. Were not sure how accurate or true any of these rumors are, but we will definitely be finding out soon.

The Cupertino-based company will be holding their event tomorrow at 10am PDT, and 1pm EDT at the Flint Center. For those who wont be at the event live, will be able to stream the whole thing online or on their mobile devices.

Source: iGen.fr

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

*ready to order!*

I am so ready to order!!!

Ugh, is their smallest phone really going to be 4.7??? I really hope not! Id be ok with 4.3 if most of the growth was from pushing the screen to the edge of the current exterior dimensions, but busting it out to 4.7 is just disappointing!

And sure, they will continue to sell the 5S for who knows how long, but it wont last forever. Looks like Im going to have to keep mine in tip top shape so itll last as long as possible!

Hopefully it's true if not guess they will be available in October.

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Ugh, is their smallest phone really going to be 4.7??? I really hope not! Id be ok with 4.3 if most of the growth was from pushing the screen to the edge of the current exterior dimensions, but busting it out to 4.7 is just disappointing!

And sure, they will continue to sell the 5S for who knows how long, but it wont last forever. Looks like Im going to have to keep mine in tip top shape so itll last as long as possible!
    Yea it is weird that their first step into a big screen device world. Would be 4.7 and no 4.3-4.5. But we will see if their is any truth to these leaks soon.

I'm with you. I like using my iphone with one hand... No way I will be getting bigger than the current 5/5s size.

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    I'm with you. I like using my iphone with one hand... No way I will be getting bigger than the current 5/5s size.
    It's just gonna be weird holding it. The 5/5s are just so compact and easy to use. Given the bigger screen will be better for viewing media. I'm fine with the current screen size. Can't wait to see what they have in store.

5.5" is a big difference but the 4" 5s was a bit weird compared to the 3.5" but now the 4" is perfect if not small for me. 4.7 will feel/look weird for a while but it will become second nature once we get used to it. 4.7" is not a big deal. And I have small hands

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I'm gonna assume they'll be keeping the 'C' line for the 4" screen. Nobody has really talked about that but it's my assumption...

My upgrade isn't till February. I plan to wait for iphone 6s

Com on clock tick faster I need two 5.5 I phone 6 I have been waiting please take my money Apple

My upgrade isn't up till the 28th of September so I'll wait but otherwise could I still preorder?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

T-Mobile jump program is awesome for a time like this👌 for me to jump into a new iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    T-Mobile jump program is awesome for a time like this for me to jump into a new iPhone.
    I've read that Apple is adding AT&T Next to it's preordering! Can't wait!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno guys....I might wait for the iPhone 6S Plus Air

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackbauerctu For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2014-09-09), justinpotter81 (2014-09-09)

Excited for this, but sadly I'll have to wait for iPhone 6s because my upgrade isn't until September 2015 =/

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Streebs87 View Post
    Excited for this, but sadly I'll have to wait for iPhone 6s because my upgrade isn't until September 2015 =/
    Who is your carrier?

Isn't the upgrade fee just $40. For AT&T of course

When will we be able to order?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiehr View Post
    When will we be able to order?
    Hopefully soon after and not October.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast