Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'VolumeStatus 2' Adds a Dynamic Volume Icon to Your iOS 7 Status Bar

Default 'VolumeStatus 2' Adds a Dynamic Volume Icon to Your iOS 7 Status Bar

The normal iOS 7 volume HUD is obtrusive. It sticks itself right in the middle of your display and you can't do anything until it goes away. A new free jailbreak tweak called VolumeStatus 2 by iOS developer Rabih M fixes this by moving the volume level indicator to the Status Bar in iOS 7 so that it's out of your way, as shown above.

As your volume level goes up, more curved lines are displayed after the volume icon. As your volume level goes down, less curved lines are displayed after the volume icon.

You may remember the original VolumeStatus, but VolumeStatus 2 is new and improved. The developer notes that it's a complete re-write with improved accuracy and a large number of bug fixes on top of new features.

VolumeStatus 2 keeps track of your media volume, not the ringer volume, so even if you're pressing the volume buttons and nothing seems to happen with the icon in the Status Bar, it's probably because you're adjusting your ringer volume and not the media volume. The media volume can be changed with the volume buttons whenever media is playing; otherwise, you need to adjust it from Control Center, or somewhere else.

VolumeStatus 2 adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as hide or show the stock iOS volume HUD on demand:

The developer hints that more features are coming soon.

If you would like to give VolumeStatus 2 a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. iOS 7 is required for the installation.

Name: VolumeStatus 2
    Price: FREE
    Version: 2.0.1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Rabih M
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I hope a future update takes account of toggling the Mute switch. For the moment this doesn't seem to register with this tweak.

I still like StatusHUD 2.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

mmh...I would definitely prefer to see/change the ringer volume. I can see and hear (!) the music volume at control center and music app. Sorry, but currently a senseless tweak in my eyes
    Last edited by Blue; 2014-09-08 at 09:57 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Completely pointless app if it doesn't work on the springboard volume.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps add an option to add a bell with curved lines under it for ringer volume. That way both volumes can be displayed without confusion or ugly UI.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!