Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Faces' Lets You Change the Backgrounds of Your Passcode Number Buttons

Default 'Faces' Lets You Change the Backgrounds of Your Passcode Lock Buttons

Do you want to add a little extra pizazz to your iOS 7 Lock Screen's passcode buttons? If so, check out a newly-released free jailbreak tweak called Faces by iOS developers Ben Rosen and CP Digital Darkroom.

Shown above, Faces allows you to configure different image backgrounds for each of the number key buttons on your Lock Screen's passcode entry interface. The effect of the tweak gives your iOS 7 Lock Screen a more personalized look, and best of all, you can configure the options to your liking.

To start configuring the tweak after you install it, you can head over the Settings application and find the Faces preferences pane:

From here, you will find a toggle switch to enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as a place to configure the images that you want to use for the backgrounds of the number keys, and a place to respring when you're done making changes to the settings and want to save your changes.

When you're ready to configure the individual images for the number key buttons, just go ahead and venture into the "Choose Images" section:

Here, you will find selectors for each of the 10 keys on your passcode entry interface; keys 0-9. You can either choose an existing image from your Camera Roll, or you can take a new photo with your device's camera to use. You can also adjust the opacity of the images on your passcode key buttons using the slider at the bottom of the interface (the developer recommends .50).

When you tap on any of the buttons associated with a passcode key button to change an image, you will get the prompt below letting you choose to pick an existing image, take a new one, or cancel:

It would seem that Faces is a pretty cool jailbreak tweak and the customization that it gives you are implemented in a clean way that many are sure to enjoy.

NOTE: In the current version that we're reviewing in this writing (version 0.0.1-125), it is necessary to create a new folder called "Faces" in the directory /var/mobile/Library/. You must do this after installing the tweak for the tweak to work, as there is a small bug that doesn't create the folder after the tweak is installed; you can do this with iFile, or with an SSH program. The developer is working on a fix for this for the next update.

Faces is compatible with all iOS 7 devices, so if you want to give it a try, head over to Cydia right now; the tweak is free! A passcode is required to use this tweak to its full potential, so don't forget to set one!

Name: Faces
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-125
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2, a passcode
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Ben Rosen, CP Digital Darkroom
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default 'Faces' Lets You Change the Backgrounds of Your Passcode Number Buttons
    Cool tweak!!!
    It'd be nice if this could allow full pictures to be placed in each section of the keypad, like this:

...or this (minus the square buttons, of course)
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-08 at 05:22 PM.

Man, I wish this came out 6 months ago. Awesome idea and tweak!

I changed all the buttons to boobies and in the middle is my ****. Jk I didn't DL this yet but would be funny.

Doesn't work for my iPhone 5 7.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Andy72184 View Post
    I changed all the buttons to boobies and in the middle is my ****. Jk I didn't DL this yet but would be funny.
    wish they would work on phone keypad too!

Finally a useful tweak! Great job dev!!

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    Doesn't work for my iPhone 5 7.1.2
    Did you make sure to follow the directions in bold in the article?

The developer is pushing an update to make this work without user input, but for now, it's required.

Of course, someone on Reddit did this:

What Faces was REALLY meant for... : jailbreak
    Last edited by nudge2232; 2014-09-15 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nudge2232 View Post
    Of course, someone on Reddit did this:

What Faces was REALLY meant for... : jailbreak
    That's awesome!!!