Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 5.5-inch iPhone 6 May Be Capable of iPad-like Dual-pane Landscape Applications

  1. #1
    Default 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Capable of iPad-like Dual-pane Landscape Applications


    Apple's rumored 5.5-inch iPhone 6 could see some major improvements for the popular smartphone in terms of handling applications in Landscape mode. Well-known iOS hacker and developer Steven Troughton-Smith has modified the latest version of iOS Simulator to demonstrate what an iPad-like interface could look like on the 5.5-inch iPhone 6.

    Shown above, you can see that the rumored resolution of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 is capable of productively running two separate panes of the Contacts and Calendar application in one interface, just like the iPad. The pane on the left being mostly a selector interface, while the pane on the right ends up being mostly the productive interface.

    Because of the extra canvas space, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 would have almost no problems at all running certain applications in this mode. The rumored 4.7-inch iPhone 6, on the other hand, would be expected to simply run applications in landscape mode just as previous versions of the iPhone have in the past, but speculation is rising in terms of what the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 may be capable of in this regard.

    We think it would be awesome for the iPhone 6 to have iPad-like qualities. It would feel less congested and more productive in terms of the user interface, and it would also be a great way to help make the operating system stand out more on Apple's flagship handset.

    Apple's iPhone 6 is expected to finally be unveiled at the Apple Special Event tomorrow (Tuesday, September 9th). A recent video shows what appears to be the iPhone 6 booting up to the 'connect to iTunes' screen after having been assembled with leaked parts, so it's possible that this could be our very next iteration of iPhone.

    Would you want to see a landscape mode like this on your next iPhone?

    Sources: Steven Troughton-Smith via 9to5Mac

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    thazsar (2014-09-08)

  3. #2
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Hence, why it'll prolly be announced w/ the ipads

  4. #3
    In regards to that iPhone 6 booting up to the 'connect to iTunes' screen: I think that's fake. If you look at the error message it says that there's no internet connection. And there's no telling what the cord is plugged into.

    The Mac could be unplugged from the internet and an (actual) iPhone plugged in and give that same message. This with a little clever camera work completes the illusion.

    Also, the resolution of the above images are weird. You'd think Apple would stick with 16:9 aspect.

  5. #4
    Looks like Crapple is stealing Samsung's ideas on split screen apps. The Samsung Galaxy Note had this in late 2012/early 2013.

    Another example of Crapple ripping ideas from other OEMs willy nilly, but calling in the troops when someone creates "a rectangular device" with "icons and a GUI".

    I am sure Crapple will get away with this because a broken US patent system and left-leaning judges will allow it. After all, with all the generous innovations that Crapple has been spearheading in the lawsuit department, the legal system is pretty much in bed with them now.

  6. #5
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Default 5.5-inch iPhone 6 May Be Capable of iPad-like Dual-pane Landscape Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Looks like Crapple is stealing Samsung's ideas on split screen apps. The Samsung Galaxy Note had this in late 2012/early 2013.

    Another example of Crapple ripping ideas from other OEMs willy nilly, but calling in the troops when someone creates "a rectangular device" with "icons and a GUI".

    I am sure Crapple will get away with this because a broken US patent system and left-leaning judges will allow it. After all, with all the generous innovations that Crapple has been spearheading in the lawsuit department, the legal system is pretty much in bed with them now.
    What are you taking about!?!?!?! The original iPad was released in 2010 with this type of view. At least get your facts and ammo in order before you start attacking!

    Idiot...

    BTW, thanx for proving how knowledgable you are. You're really winning the war for Android!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-08 at 05:13 PM.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Looks like Crapple is stealing Samsung's ideas on split screen apps. The Samsung Galaxy Note had this in late 2012/early 2013.

    Another example of Crapple ripping ideas from other OEMs willy nilly, but calling in the troops when someone creates "a rectangular device" with "icons and a GUI".

    I am sure Crapple will get away with this because a broken US patent system and left-leaning judges will allow it. After all, with all the generous innovations that Crapple has been spearheading in the lawsuit department, the legal system is pretty much in bed with them now.
    Apple is the ONLY reason android/samsung even exist today. So shut up and bow down!

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Looks like Crapple is stealing Samsung's ideas on split screen apps. The Samsung Galaxy Note had this in late 2012/early 2013.

    Another example of Crapple ripping ideas from other OEMs willy nilly, but calling in the troops when someone creates "a rectangular device" with "icons and a GUI".

    I am sure Crapple will get away with this because a broken US patent system and left-leaning judges will allow it. After all, with all the generous innovations that Crapple has been spearheading in the lawsuit department, the legal system is pretty much in bed with them now.
    If you hate Apple so much, why do you go on this website and complain? You aren't contributing to anything useful and you sound like an angry 12 year old.

    On topic: You're wrong. Other OS's use types of software to enable 2 apps running side by side. All this article talks about is the formatting of a single app.

    Go home, loser.

  9. #8
    While this would be a welcome feature to iPhones, this does seem like an article for the sake of an article and not really news or even an compelling anecdote. Jailbreak tweaks have given iPads simultaneous multi-app use like a notebook or desktop as far back as iOS 5 (Quasar). When Apple adds features like this to iOS that will be worthy of an article. What's the point hyping your 64bit system when you can only do 1 thing on-screen at a time? Just an exercise in marketing. Having said that I will probably be buying the 5.5in coz would like a bigger screen and am pretty intrenched in the iOS Eco-system.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Looks like Crapple is stealing Samsung's ideas on split screen apps. The Samsung Galaxy Note had this in late 2012/early 2013.

    Another example of Crapple ripping ideas from other OEMs willy nilly, but calling in the troops when someone creates "a rectangular device" with "icons and a GUI".

    I am sure Crapple will get away with this because a broken US patent system and left-leaning judges will allow it. After all, with all the generous innovations that Crapple has been spearheading in the lawsuit department, the legal system is pretty much in bed with them now.
    Funny, as i did it with my ipad 3, years before, on iOS 5.1.1. Why post to an apple modding website when you know nothing about the main topic at hand?

    (answer: children's purchase justification)

  11. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 430 Times in 265 Posts

    Sounds good to me. Call it the iPad Micro..i'll still be getting one :]

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Looks like Crapple is stealing Samsung's ideas on split screen apps. The Samsung Galaxy Note had this in late 2012/early 2013.

    Another example of Crapple ripping ideas from other OEMs willy nilly, but calling in the troops when someone creates "a rectangular device" with "icons and a GUI".

    I am sure Crapple will get away with this because a broken US patent system and left-leaning judges will allow it. After all, with all the generous innovations that Crapple has been spearheading in the lawsuit department, the legal system is pretty much in bed with them now.
    I disagree, [email protected].

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Looks like Crapple is stealing Samsung's ideas on split screen apps. The Samsung Galaxy Note had this in late 2012/early 2013.

    Another example of Crapple ripping ideas from other OEMs willy nilly, but calling in the troops when someone creates "a rectangular device" with "icons and a GUI".

    I am sure Crapple will get away with this because a broken US patent system and left-leaning judges will allow it. After all, with all the generous innovations that Crapple has been spearheading in the lawsuit department, the legal system is pretty much in bed with them now.
    You do realize that apple didn't win the lawsuit over the shape, right? I'm going to guess you didn't. All your credibility went out the window once you used the term "crapple". Should try discussing devices like an adult. People might actually be swayed by your points then.

  14. #13
    Shut up an bow to the loser in the team.. The goddess of all "blackberry"!

    😱👌☝️

    All I know is that apple is doing the same ****** device with 4.7 and 5.5? We'll cool ... Apple fans r going to have organism tomorrow morning ... Maybe I will if I see something new... Hmmm will see

  15. #14
    The ignorance of people that use "Crapple" in their posts just pisses me off. Idiots! Please realize how freggin dumb you look to other intelligent people!

  16. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Sounds good to me. Call it the iPad Micro..i'll still be getting one :]
    1up

  17. #16
    I'm so exited for tomorrow

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Looks like Crapple is stealing Samsung's ideas on split screen apps. The Samsung Galaxy Note had this in late 2012/early 2013.

    Another example of Crapple ripping ideas from other OEMs willy nilly, but calling in the troops when someone creates "a rectangular device" with "icons and a GUI".

    I am sure Crapple will get away with this because a broken US patent system and left-leaning judges will allow it. After all, with all the generous innovations that Crapple has been spearheading in the lawsuit department, the legal system is pretty much in bed with them now.
    Ok, now say all of that again, but to someone who actually cares lol, gtfo with your Android OS.

    While it's true that iOS is basically unusable and utter cr*p out of the box, after jailbreaking there's no way any other OS even comes close, if you're a true iOS user you know better than to use an unjailbroken iOS device, period.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

    thazsar (2014-09-09)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •