Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Motorola Officially Launches its $250 Moto 360 Smartwatch Ahead of Rumored iWatch

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Motorola Officially Launches its $250 Moto 360 Smartwatch Ahead of Rumored iWatch

As the rumors of Apple’s iWatch being unveiled at next week’s September 9th media event continue to roll in, Motorola didn’t hesitate to announce and launch its Moto 360 smartwatch. It’s an Android Wear device that features a circular 1.65-inch scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass display, a leather band, “water resistance,” what Motorola claims to be an “all-day” battery life and a built-in pedometer and optical heart rate monitor. The company even included wireless charging capabilities when paired with a dock (which is included).

The Moto 360 can pair with any smartphone that is running Android 4.3 or higher. Version 4.3 is required because it allows users to receive notifications about weather, flight alerts, traffic and more through Android Wear. It also includes built-in Google Now functionality, as users can say “Ok Google” to perform tasks such as sending texts, setting reminders and more. Furthermore, existing Android apps like Facebook Messenger and Lyft are also compatible with Moto 360.

Apple’s much anticipated “iWatch” has been rumored to be unveiled alongside the iPhone 6 next week. The device is rumored to come in multiple sizes, material options and incorporate near field communications (NFC) technology for mobile payments as well. Speculation points towards the device being around roughly $400 and set to ship in early 2015. Comparatively, the Moto 360 has been made available starting today from Motorola’s website, Google’s Play Store and Best Buy. Motorola mentioned that it will be releasing metal bands for its wearable device sometime this Fall for those who prefer metal bands over leather ones. Reviews from various places all over the web praise its feature set but are collectively complaining about poor battery life.

We’ll have to wait and see if Apple lifts the curtains off of its “iWatch” and compare it to devices such as the Moto 360 afterwards.

Source: Android Wear, Motorola 360

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Hideous. Make a MAN's watch!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

So only about a hand full of Android phones will be compatible then with this watch.

Any android running 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Hideous. Make a MAN's watch!
    That is a man's watch. A classy dress watch. Not one of those ridiculously large, overly trendy watches you see. This one is the type of style that lasts.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trevorrawson For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (2014-09-07), fido08 (2014-09-06), lilpetabread (2014-09-06), Silverado1987 (2014-09-06)

I hope Apple's watch is at least as good as this. Optical heart monitor is nice. Now if it just has built in GPS it would have excellent potential for a running watch as well as an all around smart watch.

But since products rarely reach their full potential right away, I'm not getting my hopes up.

It does look pretty decent and that is a dress watch.

It is a very bad strategy from Motorola not to include iphone users as potential buyers of their watch ... The price would have attracted the young iphone users in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio6 View Post
    It is a very bad strategy from Motorola not to include iphone users as potential buyers of their watch ... The price would have attracted the young iphone users in fact.
    But this would have been designed during googles ownership! So iphone support would not even be on the table!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scroogelives For This Useful Post:

bonum83 (2014-09-06)

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I hope Apple's watch is at least as good as this. Optical heart monitor is nice. Now if it just has built in GPS it would have excellent potential for a running watch as well as an all around smart watch.

But since products rarely reach their full potential right away, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    You can never be pleased.... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio6 View Post
    Your stupid..... Google has interest in Motorola dummy...

You can blame all the internet "promos
    About the iphone 6 and new smart watches. Why samsung is putting stuff out a week early

Good work guys! Making Samsung go first with Thier new products
    Bravo

It actually looks like a watch! Someone over at Motorola still has some class.

Quote Originally Posted by bonum83 View Post
    You can never be pleased.... Right?

Your stupid..... Google has interest in Motorola dummy...
    You should probably not call someone else stupid and a "dummy" if you cannot figure how how to use "your" and "you're" properly.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilpetabread For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (2014-09-07), jery911 (2014-09-07), Magnum (2014-09-08)

Looks like their main focus is NFC an the expansion of its use and market ....among the health applications it can be part of...So is not Apple vs Android at the moment ... is about getting a new product out based on an use and system...!!
    Last edited by c0deName_ZERO; 2014-09-07 at 01:02 AM.

You should have one "how" in your sentence.... Bud....
    Here's the thing, though. I didn't call anyone stupid. Since we're on that subject, you're using ellipses incorrectly.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-09-07 at 08:17 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lilpetabread For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (2014-09-07)

Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
    Here's the thing, though. I didn't call anyone stupid. Since we're on that subject, you're using ellipses incorrectly.
    Just chill... You tried to get me an it didn't work.. Just fall back

I didn't try and get anyone. My point was clear: maybe you shouldn't call anyone stupid, and in the same post, make stupid grammatical errors that someone is going to call you stupid for. If anything, I was trying to help you save face. But you can be defensive and think everyone is out to get you, that's fine. But I'm sure next time you go online to call someone stupid, you'll make sure you too don't look stupid in the process.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilpetabread For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (2014-09-07), Magnum (2014-09-08)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Looks nice and actually wearable. Won't look like a "smart watch" but looks like a "smart" watch.
    My only complaint is, for $250, could they have at least given it a band that doesn't look like it belongs on a cheap Timex or a Swatch?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-09-07)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

He did get you. I also laughed at you for it. Then laughed again when he got you! YOU'RE an idiot.

Thanks

If you're going to create a need to profit, at least have it BLOW MY MIND. Next>>>>>.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast