Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MagicDots' Allows You to Customize Your Page Dots in iOS 7

Default 'MagicDots' Allows You to Customize Your Home Screen Page Dots in iOS 7

If you're on iOS 7 and you want to customize your Home Screen page dots to go along with the theme that you're using, you can use a new free jailbreak tweak called MagicDots by iOS developer xVBaKeRXv to change the color, shape, size, and more of those Home Screen page dots.

MagicDots lets you modify the colors, spacing, width, height, and radius of the existing page dots, but it also offers options for configuring your own page dot image. The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

From the main page, you will find yourself with a button you'll need to tap any time you make changes here in order ot save your changes. You will also find a second having to do with the colors of the current page dot, and the rest of the page dots, and a section for modifying the style of the dots. From the Extras cell, you will find yourself with extra options for adjusting the page count, enabling or disabling showing the last dot, enable or disable top folder dots, and enable or disable using a custom image (you must SSH your custom image into the device's directory at /Library/PreferenceBundles/magicdotsprefs.bundle).

From each of the individual settings, you will find yourself with a number of sliders for adjusting the red, green, blue, and alpha, as well as the radius, spacing, width, and height:

It's worth mentioning that not only will this tweak theme your Home Screen page dots, but it can also theme the page dots in your Emoji keyboard, and within folders.

If you want to give MagicDots a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's ModMyi repository. iOS 7 is required for the installation.

Name: MagicDots
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: xVBaKeRXv
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

When trying to configure this my balls started to bleed. It's nice to have all of the editing options but have some of the more popular types preset so you can start from some kind of template.

I'm not downloading this if my balls are going to bleed. Eff that.

No presets? This is worthless

My iPad now hangs up for a long time after a re-spring.

SSH'ing custom dots does not work - I have checked and re-checked the dot names etc.

Once these things are put right it will be a great app.

When I tried it didn't even work. No dots at all...lol. Presets would be awesome. While messing with the settings it can be confusing.

I could have kept it to myself and the idea- Couldn't find help to improve.
    Wanted to SHARE! Seems like the brats are off the leash.-

My first tweak with basically 0 knowledge in a month created on my ipod touch 5g.
    Emoji icons in the settings is like that on purpose....
    If I had true help I would have made it in a smaller time frame-

Dots don't show cause people not moving "All" Color Sliders back a bit to like 0.5. Have to do that then respring cause there is bug in the code. This is only needed when you first enable the color settings_ After the first fresh install.

Was getting help on a UIColor Picker but person has not got back to me recently. ;(
    Last edited by vXBaKeRXv; 2014-09-03 at 02:09 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vXBaKeRXv For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-09-03)

Quote Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv View Post

My first tweak with basically 0 knowledge in a month created on my ipod touch 5g.

Dots don't show cause people not moving "All" Color Sliders back a bit to like 0.5. Have to do that then respring cause there is bug in the code.

Was getting help on a UIColor Picker but person has not got back to me recently. ;(
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

I am, however, concerned about this bloody balls business.

Quote Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv View Post

Dots don't show cause people not moving "All" Color Sliders back a bit to like 0.5. Have to do that then respring cause there is bug in the code. This is only needed when you first enable the color settings_ After the first fresh install.

I did the sliders to 0.5. Like it says in the settings. Still wasn't getting any results. It got frustrating so I deleted it. Very cool tweak, just needs to be ironed out that's all.

Default 'MagicDots' Allows You to Customize Your Page Dots in iOS 7
    I'm weary, as well, about bleeding balls, but that aside, what's the third theme in the first picture? I'd like to give it a better look.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UtSulumSuusOwn View Post
    I'm weary, as well, about bleeding balls, but that aside, what's the third theme in the first picture? I'd like to give it a better look.
    RingMasker

Here it is w/ my Dynamic wallpaper applied:
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-03 at 06:56 AM.

Sweet thanks.
    I'll check it out and then cross my fingers for this tweak...gonna cover my ball first!

I get no dots at all. This app definitely needs work.

Mark O.