Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Automatically Begin Playing Music Again After a Respring With 'Resume'

Default Automatically Begin Playing Music Again After a Respring With 'Resume'

Don't you just hate it when you're listening to your music, and then you change a theme, or install a new tweak, or change some settings, and you're prompted to respring? Now when your device starts up, the jam you were listening to is going to cut off, and you'll be forced to go into the music application and tap play to get that song going again.

A new free jailbreak tweak called Resume by iOS developer Ron Thakrar is here now to solve this problem. What this tweak will do is automatically begin playing your music right where it left off after your device resprings.

Resume is compatible with Apple's Music application, as well as third-party music-streaming applications like Spotify, itunes Radio, Pandora, and others. It's worth noting, however, that if you're using a third-party music-streaming application like Spotify, you'll have to give the song time to cache before the tweak will actually work. The music application does not require this caching.

If you're using Apple's Music application, this tweak will even resume music if you're rebooting, and not just respringing. This feature will not work with any third-party music applications.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand:

If you want to give Resume a try for your respring music-pausing woes, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required for the installation, but it will work on iPhone, iPod touch, and even the iPad.

Name: Resume
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ron Thakrar
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review of Resume below:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-02 at 05:29 PM.

There is a similar tweak called BookSong but this tweak used to remember where each and every song was last stopped.
    So if i skip the song with only 2secs remaining, the next time this song is queued, it will skip the entire song except for the 2secs.
    Also, this tweak never considered scrubbing.
    So even if I stopped the song from playing at 2mins out of 3mins and then scrubbed it all the way to 2mins50secs, it would still play the song the next time at 2mins only.
    This was all wrong about the tweak so I uninstalled it as it was skipping most of my songs like this.
    I hope 'Resume' doesnt do the same thing.
    Anthony, can you please confirm this?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yohu123 For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2014-09-02)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Resume does exactly what it says thank you developer! I've been looking for something like this with this and plugification installed the Music app is all the way better

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    There is a similar tweak called BookSong but this tweak used to remember where each and every song was last stopped.
    So if i skip the song with only 2secs remaining, the next time this song is queued, it will skip the entire song except for the 2secs.
    Also, this tweak never considered scrubbing.
    So even if I stopped the song from playing at 2mins out of 3mins and then scrubbed it all the way to 2mins50secs, it would still play the song the next time at 2mins only.
    This was all wrong about the tweak so I uninstalled it as it was skipping most of my songs like this.
    I hope 'Resume' doesnt do the same thing.
    Anthony, can you please confirm this?
    I had the same issue bruh. Had to delete that ****. Good concept just not executed right.

This is a good tweak. I just wish it played the song that was playing before the respring.
    Last edited by Nuff Said; 2014-09-02 at 03:48 PM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Any word on if this or a similar tweak would be updated for 8.1?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!