Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'CenterStage' Will Only Open Notification Center By Swiping From the Status Bar Center

Default 'CenterStage' Will Only Open Notification Center By Swiping From the Status Bar Center

iOS 7 allows you to launch Notification Center, the hub where you can see all of your recent un-read notifications from one place, by simply swiping down from anywhere on the Status Bar. On the other hand, if you're using a jailbreak tweak like Activator and want to prevent Status Bar gesture conflicts, you can use a new free jailbreak tweak called CenterStage by iOS developer Thomas Greenwood to limit where on the Status Bar you're allowed to swipe down to launch Notification Center.

CenterStage works by limiting where in the Status Bar that you're allowed to swipe in order to launch Notification Center to see your missed notifications. As the name suggests, it limits you to the center only, so when you have this tweak installed and you try to pull down from either the left side or the right side of the Status Bar, nothing will happen. You will need to pull from the center, about where the Status Bar clock is located, to launch Notification Center.

Whether you're trying to prevent gesture conflicts, or you want to prevent accidentally opening Notification Center all the time, CenterStage can help you accomplish both of these tasks in one foul swoop. It doesn't require any configuration, and it begins working as soon as it's installed.

CenterStage is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository and requires iOS 7 to be installed, so if this is something you think you may find useful, you can give it a try!

Name: CenterStage
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-4
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Thomas Greenwood
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Hi,

For those of you using Auxo 2, I am in the process of adding a toggle for the CC. Hang tight for an update.

Thanks

I tried this tweak, it doesn't let you slide down on status bar for a 2nd activator function. tweak makes activator only work from center too

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    I tried this tweak, it doesn't let you slide down on status bar for a 2nd activator function. tweak makes activator only work from center too
    I believe some Statusbar tweaks interfere with how CenterStage works.

So how would suggest we use this. This would interfere with my sbssettings drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    So how would suggest we use this. This would interfere with my sbssettings drop down.
    Hi isCasted,

If you use Activator with Slide In Gestures from the Top Left or Right, you'll notice that you'll invoke the NC as well as performing the Activator action. This tweak aims to fix it.