Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Rolls Out New International WiFi Calling, Does Not Include iPhone

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sprint Rolls Out New International WiFi Calling, Does Not Include iPhone

A new international WiFi calling option has been introduced by Sprint recently. This new plan will allow customers to make calls from over 100 countries to the U.S. for free. Devices that can be used with this option currently, is the Samsung Galaxy S4 only and by using an over-the-air software update. Sprint noted that other devices will be compatible with the plan throughout the year, possibly directing at the iPhone.

The new plan by Sprint has a messaging option along with being able to call via WiFi at home or in public. This is also a good alternative since not everyone can be on the phone right away. Hopefully Sprint will bring this to iOS devices as well, as itíll make it much easier for people to speak to others who are abroad. Competitor mobile carrier T-Mobile, has recently confirmed iOS 8 WiFi calling support, so let's see when Sprint will roll the plan out with iOS support.

Source: Sprint

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I already can do that with Viber and Tango... so what's the big deal? In fact, with Tango I can also do time face.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to swifty7 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-08-30)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuff Said For This Useful Post:

magoo657 (2014-08-31)

Seriously, if you're a sprint official and you've got the luxury to read this post of mine (don't see why not with the sales you currently have) I want you to know something. Your company needs help. Not only does the service lack speed, it also lacks a future vision in the telecom industry.

WHY on earth would you not support iPhones? Who makes these decisions? Do you realize you're only falling behind?
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    Lol time face
    LOL!!! meant face time

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Not to mention skype, yahoo messenger and probably a dozen other apps.

Obviously no one has used Wi-Fi Calling before.

The beauty of Wi-Fi Calling is that you can be reached via your standard telephone number anywhere, provided that you are connected to the internet. That also includes SMS (text messaging) and MMS (picture/video/etc. messaging).

There's no need for a separate application with separate login credentials, etc.

T-Mobile has had this since 2007 and it's once again a shame to see that Sprint continues to fall behind in this arena.