Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: '#PlayMe2' Puts Information About the Song Playing in Your Status Bar in iOS 7

Default '#PlayMe2' Puts Information About the Song Playing in Your Status Bar in iOS 7

If you listen to a lot of music on your iOS device and you're looking for that one subtle aesthetic tweak to improve how your device lets you know what music is playing in the background, then look no further than #PlayMe2 by iOS developer MrTheGeek.

#PlayMe2 is the next major version of #PlayMe, which we showed you back in March of this year.

#PlayMe2 will put information in your Status Bar about any media that you have playing in the background. For example, we're listening to Come With Me Now by KONGOS, and as you can see from the screenshots above, the Status Bar actually alternates every few seconds between showing the time, the name of the song, the name of the artist, and then back to the time again.

In case you were wondering, #PlayMe2 is not only compatible with just the stock Music application, but it's also compatible with a variety of third-party media-playing applications as well, including:

• YouTube (both support for the Web site and Google's free App Store application)
    • Deezer
    • Spotify
    • Music (stock application)
    • Mobile Safari
    • Google Chrome
    • Pandora
    • Grooveshark
    • and others

If you're going to use this tweak in conjunction with YouTube, you're probably familiar with the fact that YouTube will cut media when you close out of the application. The developer recommends using a free jailbreak tweak called YouTubed, which will allow YouTube media to continue playing in the background even when you close the YouTube application. It's worth noting that there are plenty of other jailbreak tweaks out there also that will let you do this, but some are paid.

#PlayMe2 has no options to configure. If you would like to give it a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required for the installation.

Note: when searching to #PlayMe2 in Cydia, DO NOT forget the hashtag (#) or you will not be able to find it!

Name: #PlayMe2
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MrTheGeek
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Default '#PlayMe2' Puts Information About the Song Playing in Your Status Bar in iOS 7
    cool, song name appears all the time song played? so you cant check time in status bar? or like few seconds each one?

Quote Originally Posted by mohamsir View Post
    cool, song name appears all the time song played? so you cant check time in status bar? or like few seconds each one?
    Turn the phone off and turn it back on and you can check the time in the lock screen if it doesn't show press the home button in LS
    Also the Clock icon moves so you can always tell time in the home screen where the clock icon is at.

What's the difference between playme and playme2 apart from the same developer?...?....

P.S: I used playme on my ip5s on 7.1.2 before, it worked well so this new playme2 is not compatibility version i guess hmmm *puzzled*

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPANGEORGE View Post
    What's the difference between playme and playme2 apart from the same developer?...?....

P.S: I used playme on my ip5s on 7.1.2 before, it worked well so this new playme2 is not compatibility version i guess hmmm *puzzled*
    It was rewritten with performance improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamsir View Post
    Every couple of seconds, the Status Bar information alternates. Try it out and you'll see for yourself!