Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Add More Functionality to iTunes Radio in iOS 7

Default How to Add More Functionality to iTunes Radio in iOS 7

iTunes Radio is a pretty important feature of iOS 7, allowing you to stream music from the Internet right from Apple's stock iOS operating system without the need to have it locally stored and taking up storage space on your iOS device.

If you're already using the feature, but wish that you could spice it up with some additional features, then you may want to check out a new free jailbreak tweak called True iRadio by iOS developer Andy Wiik.

True iRadio enhances the features and functionality of iTunes Radio in iOS 7. A few other tweaks have also aimed to enhancer iTunes Radio's features, such as iTunes Radio Scrubber, but so far, True iRadio appears to offer the highest amount of functionality boost out of all of them.

After being installed, True iRadio will give you the following features while listening to iTunes Radio:

• Music scrubbing on the Lock Screen
    • Music scrubbing in Control Center
    • Music scrubbing in the Music application
    • The ability to skip an unlimited amount of songs
    • The ability to disable advertisements
    • Dynamic fine scrubbing for a more precise scrubbing experience
    • Improvements to song loading times

True iRadio doesn't come with any options to configure, so after installing the tweak, you can immediately begin enjoying the new features. iOS 7 is required for the installation and to get the most out of the tweak, you'll want to be an iTunes Radio user.

Name: True iRadio
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Andy Wiik
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone compared this to iTunes Radio scrubber? I'm curious as to which is better.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Has anyone compared this to iTunes Radio scrubber? I'm curious as to which is better.
    As we mentioned in paragraph 3, this tweak actually has more functionality than iTunes Radio Scrubber .

Is this not illegal? I thought you guys don't promote piracy and **** like that.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    As we mentioned in paragraph 3, this tweak actually has more functionality than iTunes Radio Scrubber .
    Didn't see that. Thanks

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    Is this not illegal? I thought you guys don't promote piracy and **** like that.
    We do not promote piracy by any means!

Scrubbing, skipping, and blocking ads may be against Apple's terms and conditions (just like jailbreaking is), but it's certainly not illegal. It's not like you're pirating the songs or anything like that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I love your guys review of my tweaks (:

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andywiik For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-08-25), Bo Troxell (2014-08-26)

Doesn't seem to work on my iPad Air running iOS 7.1.2. The iTunes app freezes when loaded. When uninstalled, iTunes works fine.

Edited 8/25/14: Works fine on my iPhone 5S. Nice all-in-one app rather than two separate apps.
    Last edited by mgmm1; 2014-08-25 at 06:25 PM.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice mod, thanks Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    We do not promote piracy by any means!

Scrubbing, skipping, and blocking ads may be against Apple's terms and conditions (just like jailbreaking is), but it's certainly not illegal. It's not like you're pirating the songs or anything like that.
    I get what you're saying. I just figured since apple kind of charges users to take the ads off that taking ads off for free certainly would be illegal.

So should I uninstall itunes radio unlimited and scrubber first or will it do that automatically?

Oh ya, I use Pandora skips for unlimited skips but is there something like this to take away ads too and scrub for Pandora?
    Last edited by TwinSouls; 2014-08-26 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    So should I uninstall itunes radio unlimited and scrubber first or will it do that automatically?

Oh ya, I use Pandora skips for unlimited skips but is there something like this to take away ads too and scrub for Pandora?
    Flex