Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Lullaby' Lets You Choose a Timeframe to Listen to Music Before Auto-stopping it

Default 'Lullaby' Lets You Choose a Timeframe to Listen to Music Before Auto-stopping it

If you like the idea of falling asleep to music, but always worry about your device continually playing all night long and wasting precious battery power while you sleep, then you need to check out a new jailbreak tweak called Lullaby by iOS developer Phillip Tennen.

With Lullaby installed, you will be able to basically set a music timer on your device. For example, if you want your music to play until you fall asleep, and then turn off when you have actually managed to fall asleep, then Lullaby is something you need to check out.

The tweak integrates with Activator so that you can enable or disable Lullaby on demand. When you toggle it on, you'll get a pop-up window that lets you input an amount of minutes for which music will play before automatically shutting off. You can input any amount of minutes that you want to. This way, you can make sure your music stops playing once you're asleep and keep a sound mind about it.

To configure the tweak, just head over to Activator's preferences pane and choose an action for it:

Lullaby appears to be a really cool jailbreak tweak that works exactly how it was intended to work. It's also an open source project, so if you're interested in learning about what makes it tick, you can head over to GitHub at this link and check it out!

Lullaby is available for 99*in Cydia's BigBoss repository and requires iOS 7 to be installed.

Note: it has come to our attention that this functionality can be performed from the Clock application already. The only real benefit to the tweak is that you can use Activator to easy set the feature rather than having to configure the Clock application, so some may argue that it's easier to use.

The tweak also works with third-party music applications like Spotify, while the iOS timer doesn't appear to, so this is something to consider.

Name: Lullaby
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2, Activator
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Phillip Tennen
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-08-19 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks

why pay $1 for something that iOS does natively in clock app.

Default Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    why pay $1 for something that iOS does natively in clock app.
    Does he think that the IOS users are fools?

I thought I was being stupid because my first thought was the phone did that already. Then I thought maybe it doesn't until I checked. Have to say that dev is shady....unless devices on earlier iOS versions don't do it already?

And you really have to wonder about how unbiased Anthony Bouchard is if he gives this "tweak" 5 stars.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Every iOS, a tweak comes out with this same functionality but for as long as I can remember this has been a native feature in iOS, what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
    I thought I was being stupid because my first thought was the phone did that already. Then I thought maybe it doesn't until I checked. Have to say that dev is shady....unless devices on earlier iOS versions don't do it already?
    To my knowledge iOS had done this since 1.1.2, i.e when I first joined iOS and when iOS wasn't a thing and was called ipsw (iPhone Software). But with the growth in popularity since then and the joining of non-techie/mainstream types most useful features of iOS are overlooked. So expect this tweak to do well and make the devs a lot of money.