Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Leaked Images Suggest Next-Gen iPhone Will Have a 1810 mAh Battery

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Leaked Images Suggest Next-Gen iPhone Will Have a 1810 mAh Battery

A new part leak shows a series of purported “iPhone 6” batteries in shipping trays with the Apple logo. Photos of the battery were recently highlighted by Nowhereelse.fr, showing lithium-ion polymer components with a capacity of 1,810mAh. For those of you who didn’t already know, the battery in Apple’s current flagship iPhone 5S has a capacity of 1,440mAh.

That being said, the thought of the next iPhone having a larger battery isn’t very surprising. Either the next-gen iPhone will have a new form factor with larger display which would be able to accommodate in an even bigger internal battery or Apple would use a combination of improved technology and a more efficient battery to improve battery life.

The latest parts leak claims to be for the 4.7-inch model. It’s rumored that Apple is also set to release a 5.5-inch iteration of the iPhone this year. This particular leak appears to be consistent with previous information regarding a 1,810mAh capacity battery.

We’ll find out for sure on September 9, which is when Apple is expected to host an event to announce the next-gen iPhone.

Source: Nowhereelse.fr

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

Would be nice if they included dimensions to compare to current battery and get a better indication of 4.7 vs. 5.5 sizing.

Correction "Among the parts are a display panel, logic board, and perhaps more interesting, a battery. The battery runs at 4.35 volts, and has a capacity of 2,915 mAH. If legit, this would put the 5.5-inch iPhone ahead of the Samsung Galaxy S5 in terms of battery size."

This is coming from idownloadblog.com